League One Team of the Year

6 minutes ago, Wilkinson1998 said:

That can't be real, only the 4 Livingston players? I mean, why aren't all 11 in after winning the league? Judging from what Livi fans have been saying in here there was no doubt they'd have the clean sweep.

I have no idea what you've been reading but looking at the Livi fans team of the year it was a fairly mixed bag with most of us picking the same livi players and opposition players, a couple of comments saying I'd pick all 11 Livi players but it was obvious fishing.

The only one I feel has missed out from us is Halkett, we have the best defensive record in the league and he's been arguably our best player since Christmas but can't grumble with that team too much, it's pretty fair. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That can't be real, only the 4 Livingston players? I mean, why aren't all 11 in after winning the league? Judging from what Livi fans have been saying in here there was no doubt they'd have the clean sweep.

I know that's what I was thinking, bizarre?

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

The actual pfa team of the year is :- 

Neil Parry - Alloa

Ryan Mcgeever - Queens Park

Andy Graham - Alloa

aJonathan Page - East Fife

Calum Waters - Alloa

Scott Pittman - Livingston

Shaun Byrne - Livingston 

Jordan Kirkpatrick - Alloa

Liam Buchanan - Livingston 

Danny Mullen - Livingston 

Andy Ryan - Airdrie 

I selected 7 of the 11 in my own team of the year so not a bad effort. 

That's pretty fair, only like you i'd have had Halkett in there, he's been chosen quite a few times in their SPFL team of the week too. Byrne, Pittman, Mullen and Buchanan were my choices too, along with Halkett and Gallagher, McGeever, Hurst/Muir, Kirpartrick and Ryan. So that's 6 I agree with them on, from Pittman up in their list..

38 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I have no idea what you've been reading but looking at the Livi fans team of the year it was a fairly mixed bag with most of us picking the same livi players and opposition players, a couple of comments saying I'd pick all 11 Livi players but it was obvious fishing.

The only one I feel has missed out from us is Halkett, we have the best defensive record in the league and he's been arguably our best player since Christmas but can't grumble with that team too much, it's pretty fair. 

He's talking nonsense, seems to upset a few on here that Livi fans think the players that skooshed this league would be in a League One team of the season. Personally only picked 6 Livi players, and I don't think anyone fair minded could say they aren't all good players. don't think it's unreasonable to want Gallagher, Halkett, Byrne, Pittman, Mullen and Buchanan, all of them are easily a level above League One and Gallagher really should be playing in the SPFL Premiership.

I think personally Livingston's defenders are unfortunate to miss out. IMO your keeper is nowhere near the best in the league and Livi still conceded the least. Although I have to say your attack is good enough to have any team pinned in their own half which is a much easier position to defend from.

23 minutes ago, Nipper said:

If only Airdrie had offered him a P/ T contract he would have.

Hope it's ok with Fabregas to post on here thought it was ironic that Parry made as many mistakes last week as Rohan but they weren't punished.

Great big goalie though and he'd still have improved us a bit.

Team of the year looks about right to me.   

Important to take into account the list was voted for by the Players so personality as well as performance will have come into it.

While Livi dominated the league, that's come from an an overall performance powered by IMHO their midfield domination, but when it comes to strikers, Airdrie's Ryan and Russell are the most potent pairing!

Agree with most, Buchanan and Ryan are the stand outs in a 442, but Russell for me gets the nod in a 433 for his assists.

Liam BUCHANAN    Andy RYAN

Ally LOVE   Scott PITTMAN   Danny MULLEN   Connor DUTHIE

Kieran McDONALD   Alan LITHGOW   Jason KERR   Gavin MITCHELL

Ross STEWART

(Playing in the style of Leicester City 2015-16)

On 2017-5-5 at 12:47, Nipper said:

If only Airdrie had offered him a P/ T contract he would have.

Just look at what worked for Airdrie in the early 90s we had 2-3 strongest reliable part time football players backing up a full time squad and it worked. 

On 2017-5-5 at 13:41, rough diamond said:

Important to take into account the list was voted for by the Players so personality as well as performance will have come into it.

While Livi dominated the league, that's come from an an overall performance powered by IMHO their midfield domination, but when it comes to strikers, Airdrie's Ryan and Russell are the most potent pairing!

Agree with most, Buchanan and Ryan are the stand outs in a 442, but Russell for me gets the nod in a 433 for his assists.

Russell has been a very good signing 18 league goals 3rd top scorer in the league  and for the past couple of seasons no one has got anywhere near 18 goals until this season. 41 goals between the two forwards is exceptional. Russell like Ryan is on good form.

Archived