League One Team of the Year

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nice that Byrne seems to be getting good reviews, what type of midfielder has he been for Livi, has he played as part of a three of a two?

Page was an honest player for us, just not very good. All balls out defending, going for every ball and massive challenges, ended up leaving space for better attackers to exploit though, Needed to calm down.

Was that when Dunfermline were in the Championship or L1?

I reckon he's come on a lot in the last few years. I don't think he's signed with us for next season. I'd love him to but I wouldn't be surprised if he's on a couple of Championship club's radars.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Don't see how Stenhousemuir can have the same amount of players as Livi who won the league. Berry & Furtado shouldn't be there.

Only see whenever I have witness a opposition player, furtado in our last game won the match for me and deserved to get in my team.

As for Andy's comment obviously more Livingston players would walk into any side but for me haven't seen any standouts whenever we played Livingston I know I sound deluded but in my eyes these are the players I have witness and having a goal threat we all know what Buchanan is capable of that is goals.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Page was an honest player for us, just not very good. All balls out defending, going for every ball and massive challenges, ended up leaving space for better attackers to exploit though, Needed to calm down.

I like page from day one excellent buy from a loan spell without him recently our defence has been leaking goals and missing a centre half like him in our back four he did have moments earlier in the season a bit of discipline was starting to creep into his game a sending off (i.e. home match with Airdrie) and the odd booking but that's football he's learning he is someone we miss badly.

I understand East Fife fans not rating Livi players, but come on, we're 32 points ahead of them and are winning the league by 16 points, surely even they must acknowledge we've the best players to do that. Muir/Hurst, McGeever, Kirkpatrick and Ryan have impressed me, and would be the only players i'd put in ahead of a Livi player.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nice that Byrne seems to be getting good reviews, what type of midfielder has he been for Livi, has he played as part of a three of a two?

Byrne has really come on since Mikey Miller got injured. Byrne and Pittman have been solid in midfield, both break up play and do a power of work.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Byrne has been excellent, I think his style of play has really allowed Pittman to shine along side him.

He's technically very good, very composed on the ball and breaks up the play really well, he's had a hard season personally but it hasn't showed on the pitch, he's been superb.

I wouldn't change our left back Liam Dick for anybody in this League and I mean anybody.The Falkirk reject has recently been voted one of the most improved players in Scotland by the Scotsman newspaper,and showed in the Aberdeen game  in the cup he wouldn't be out of place in the SPL,will defo go full time next season,St Mirren made a paltry bid in January and will be back in I'm sure,we will miss him big time next season.

That team is just ridiculous, No Halkett, No Pittman, both would stroll into every single team in this league, those two at the very least should be in it and Buchanan a certainty. 
I could argue for 1 or 2 more but minimum I'd expect is those 3 in. 

Rory mcallister would walk into most teams in the league, doesn't mean he should be in the team of the season. Livingston haven't played well against east fife this season stenhousemuir were more impressive.

It kinda is though, from a fans point of view. If you're watching East Fife every week, you don't know who's playing well elsewhere. Everyone apart from strikers tend to go unnoticed.

Simply put we have the best defensive record and the most goals scored, we are 16 points clear at the top. 

I understand that we've been poor against East Fife so I appreciate were their fans are coming from. 

Hurst, Page, Kirkpatrick, Ryan are the only ones that have properly impressed me but even then I probably would only take Ryan out of them to put in this Livi team. 

Fans team of the year is obviously going to vary on performance against each team which is fair enough. 

East Fife fans do realise the team of the year is not just players that have played well against East Fife.

Then what are we to select our team on? Players who you've heard have had a good season? No doubt Livingston players have and deservedly so, but I have selected MY team of the year.

Then what are we to select our team on? Players who you've heard have had a good season? No doubt Livingston players have and deservedly so, but I have selected MY team of the year.

In that case my team of the year would be 11 Livingston players as I've seen them racking up a massive amount of points over the rest of the teams and play brilliant football when I've seen them.

8 minutes ago, AMC13 said:

In that case my team of the year would be 11 Livingston players as I've seen them racking up a massive amount of points over the rest of the teams and play brilliant football when I've seen them.

:saddam Jeezo !

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

Kyle Turner at stranrear would be in my team of the year .

Because of Stranraers precarious position in the League,the new Manager went with experience over a youngster with bags of potential,Kyle is only 19 and has already trialled with Aberdeen and reports suggest one English Championship and one Scottish Championship side are after his signature,he is contracted to Stranraer till 2019,don't know if some club will sign him in the close season but we will lose him in the next 12 months I'm sure.

Archived