League One Team of the Year

I assume this will also be announced this Sunday too. Hard one for us to pick as we don't see all the players but put your predictions down for TOTY.

From Alloa I'd say most players could make it but realistically 3/4 max. Spence, Kirkpatrick, Graham & Waters probably the 4 that would have the most chance.

From other teams - Buchanan, Mullen & Andy Jackson spring to mind. Haklett from Livi, East Fife's Page & Mcgeever from QP also may be in with a shout. Not entirely sure about other teams as you don't see them often. Thoughts?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strikers :- Buchanan, Ryan, and Mullen/Spence

Midfield :- Kirkpatrick, Pittman, Byrne, Russell ?

Defenders :- Page, Halkett, Crighton 

GK :- Hurst

Pretty difficult to choose but went with that.

- Liam Buchanan (Livingston) - Andy Ryan (Airdrieonians) - Ross Stewart - (Albion Rovers) -

- Iain Flannigan (Alloa Athletic) - Scott Pitman (Livingston) - Jordan Kirkpatrick (Alloa Athletic) -

- Jonathan Page (East Fife) - Ryan McGeever (Queen's Park) - Sean Crighton (Livingston) - Mason Robertson (Stenhousemuir) -

- Ross Stewart (Albion Rovers) -

I've gone for an attack-minded 4-3-3 formation with four (!) centre-backs, purely because I couldn't think of any outstanding full-backs. Mason Robertson might be the only strange inclusion given he's only played about five games in defence but he's strolled through every single one of them. He came to the club as a striker but I think, long term, he's better suited as a centre-back.

Andy Ryan would be my number one choice for Player of the Year. Christ only knows how this Airdrieonians team have found their way into the top four but 85 per cent of it's down to Ryan.

13 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

- Liam Buchanan (Livingston) - Andy Ryan (Airdrieonians) - Ross Stewart - (Albion Rovers) -

- Iain Flannigan (Alloa Athletic) - Scott Pitman (Livingston) - Jordan Kirkpatrick (Alloa Athletic) -

- Jonathan Page (East Fife) - Ryan McGeever (Queen's Park) - Sean Crighton (Livingston) - Mason Robertson (Stenhousemuir) -

- Ross Stewart (Albion Rovers) -

I've gone for an attack-minded 4-3-3 formation with four (!) centre-backs, purely because I couldn't think of any outstanding full-backs. Mason Robertson might be the only strange inclusion given he's only played about five games in defence but he's strolled through every single one of them. He came to the club as a striker but I think, long term, he's better suited as a centre-back.

Andy Ryan would be my number one choice for Player of the Year. Christ only knows how this Airdrieonians team have found their way into the top four but 85 per cent of it's down to Ryan.

If you are only choosing 1 defender from us it would be Craig Halkett 

Tbh you could probably just choose the whole Livingston team, maybe Andy Ryan in there but we'll probably sign him anyway.

I'm going with...

Goalkeeper - Mark Hurst (Fife)

defenders - Calum Waters (Alloa), Graham (Alloa), McGeever (Queens) & Longridge (Livingston)

Midfielders - Kirkpatrick (Alloa), Berry (Stenhousemuir), Hutton (Airdrie) and Furtado (Stenhousemuir)

strirkers - Buchannan (Livingston) & Andy Ryan (Airdrie) 

subs - Smith (Brechin gk), Love (Brechin), Mullin (Livingston), Brady (Queens Park), Kerr (East Fife), Spence (Alloa) & Stewart (Airdrie) 

Manager - David Hopkins I would of went with Jack Ross but he left midway through the season for building a great team at Alloa.

I'm going with...
defenders - Calum Waters (Alloa), Graham (Alloa), McGeever (Queens) & Longridge (Livingston)
Midfielders - Kirkpatrick (Alloa), Berry (Stenhousemuir), Hutton (Airdrie) and Furtado (Stenhousemuir)
subs - Smith (Brechin gk), Love (Brechin), Mullin (Livingston), Brady (Queens Park), Kerr (East Fife), Spence (Alloa) & Stewart (Airdrie) 
Manager - David Hopkins I would of went with Jack Ross but he left midway through the season for building a great team at Alloa.

Don't see how Stenhousemuir can have the same amount of players as Livi who won the league. Berry & Furtado shouldn't be there.

23 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I'm going with...

Goalie: Hurst

Back four  Taggart (Alloa) Halkett (Livingston) Graham (Alloa) Waters (Alloa0

Midfield three Kirkpatrick (Alloa) Pitman( Livingston) Byrne (Livingston)

Mullin(Livingston) Ryan (Airdrie) Buchanan(Livingston)

Subs Graham(Alloa) Russell(Airdrie) Page (East fife) R. Stewart (rovers) G Spence (Alloa) Berry (Stenhousemuir) GK Ross Stewart (Rovers)

Just now, Chapelhall chap said:

Subs Graham(Alloa) Russell(Airdrie) Page (East fife) R. Stewart (rovers) G Spence (Alloa) Berry (Stenhousemuir) GK Ross Stewart (Rovers)

Sorry put in Graham as sub I meant Crighton

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Very similar to how I went, I went with a back 3 of Page, Halkett and Crighton, and stuck Russell into the midfield with those 3 and the same 3 up top. 

2 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

I'm going with...

That team is just ridiculous, No Halkett, No Pittman, both would stroll into every single team in this league, those two at the very least should be in it and Buchanan a certainty. 

I could argue for 1 or 2 more but minimum I'd expect is those 3 in. 

Not been to many games this season but the only East Fife player in with a realistic shout is probably Page - the man's a colossus.

Reckon a few could have been in contention if they'd avoided injury.

2 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Don't see how Stenhousemuir can have the same amount of players as Livi who won the league. Berry & Furtado shouldn't be there.

Tbf, he's been going to East Fife games, Stenny picked up more points against us than Livi did.

Muir ( Queen's Park)
Taggart (Alloa) page (East fife) Kerr (East fife) waters (Alloa)
Kirkpatrick (Alloa) Cawley (Alloa) graham (Brechin) Mullin/Cadden* (Livingston)

Ryan (airdrie) spence (Alloa)

* not sure if it was cadden or Mullin but look excellent against us

Nice that Byrne seems to be getting good reviews, what type of midfielder has he been for Livi, has he played as part of a three of a two?

Page was an honest player for us, just not very good. All balls out defending, going for every ball and massive challenges, ended up leaving space for better attackers to exploit though, Needed to calm down.

Archived