Next Squad

Around a month away from announcement, is there anyone staking a claim since the last squad? 

Remember a bit of hype about Lindsay around the last one, he still performing? 

Calum Mcgregor has probably playwd himself into contention with his form of late and a strong Celtic contingent helped us last time out. 

Expect Kenny McLean and Graeme Shinnie to make the squad but not the team.  Probably McGregor aswell.

Normally for a game at this time of the season you'd expect a load of 'injuries' so the players can go on holiday.  Since it's against England though, I'm sure that won't be the case.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Expect Kenny McLean and Graeme Shinnie to make the squad but not the team.  Probably McGregor aswell.

Normally for a game at this time of the season you'd expect a load of 'injuries' so the players can go on holiday.  Since it's against England though, I'm sure that won't be the case.

Shinnie for wallace if he's considering 3 left backs again. 

Maybe kenny miller to be the token Rangers player? 

Think this is probably close to what the squad will be. I'd consider Kingsley, Bardsley and another centre half but strachan wont. 

Gordon

Marshall

Mcgregor

Tierney

Anya

Martin

Berra

Mulgrew

Robertson

Mcarthur

Brown

Armstrong

Fletcher

Cairney

Bannan

Morrison

Mcgregor

Fraser 

Phillips

Forrest

Burke

Snodgrass

Ritchie

Griffiths

Naismith

Fletcher

Martin

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'd have McGregor in ahead of McGinn as he's playing at a higher level. Not many other changes I'd make to the previous squad. Maybe include Lindsay for the friendly before the England game.

It's been confirmed we've failed to get our shit together and organise one we're not playing a friendly before or after the England game.

Definitely McLean or McGregor in for McGinn. Both performing at a higher level, and will have more match sharpness than him. Shinnie over Wallace as well, despite the latter having a decent showing at Wembley. Think the rest pretty much picks itself. Griffiths should be starting against England, no question about it. 

Goalkeeper:Marshall (Hull City), Gordon (Celtic), Bain (Dundee);

Defender: Hanley (Newcastle Utd), Martin (Norwich), Lindsay (Partick Thistle), Mulgrew ,Cooper (Leeds Utd), Forsyth (Derby) ,Tierney (Celtic), Roberston (Hull City) Anya (Derby), 

Midfielder: McGregor (Celtic), Armstrong (Celtic) Brown (Celtic), D.Fletcher (WBA), Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday), Fraser (Bournemouth) Burke (Leipzig), Morrison (WBA), Cairney (Fulham) Phillips (WBA), Snodgrass (West Ham Utd), 

Striker: Smith (QPR), Naismith (Norwich) Martin (Derby Loan with Fulham) Griffith (Celtic) Rhodes (Sheffield Wednesday)

Can't see any changes from the last squad. McGregor & Lindsay won't make the cut (especially since there's no friendly to try them out in).

Archived