Gunfight at the Saughton Corral

3 minutes ago, rigano said:

The turn around is incredible.  Leith not only have to win but by 3 goals. 

Was expecting 6 maximum.  Things look very good for HV now. Heading on through for it - could get interesting if Leith score first.

If I can continue the Western theme - if Tuesday was the Siege of the Alamo then tonight was the Massacre at Wounded Knee.

Took in the game, and frankly it could have been more than 0-11, as LTHV missed a number of gilt-edge chances and sitters. Indeed right at the end one of their subs spanked an effort over the bar: had it gone in they'd have had another goal's cushion for Saturday.

It looked much the same XI as last week for Tweedmouth but they were never at the races... though credit to them for playing to the end, they didn't down tools or stop trying. One of their defenders looked close to tears come FT; if so it'd be quite understandable after what must've been a harrowing evening.

LTHV fans near me thinking they'd a 5-goal cushion were mathematically mistaken but as noted it means Leith need to win by 3 goals - oddly enough the same margin LTHV won at Meadowbank 3G in January.

8 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

If I can continue the Western theme - if Tuesday was the Siege of the Alamo then tonight was the Massacre at Wounded Knee.

Took in the game, and frankly it could have been more than 0-11, as LTHV missed a number of gilt-edge chances and sitters. Indeed right at the end one of their subs spanked an effort over the bar: had it gone in they'd have had another goal's cushion for Saturday.

It looked much the same XI as last week for Tweedmouth but they were never at the races... though credit to them for playing to the end, they didn't down tools or stop trying. One of their defenders looked close to tears come FT; if so it'd be quite understandable after what must've been a harrowing evening.

LTHV fans near me thinking they'd a 5-goal cushion were mathematically mistaken but as noted it means Leith need to win by 3 goals - oddly enough the same margin LTHV won at Meadowbank 3G in January.

Fair play for going and good to hear Tweedmouth didn't chuck it.  I'll be there on Saturday and fairly confident lthv will win the game but that result Surely changes Leith approach.  If lthv can go in at 0-0 you'd expect lots of space second half. Hopefully a decent crowd. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived