Albion Rovers v The Champions

Last game of the season and I think it would be fair to say both clubs have achieved their goal, Albion comfortably safe for another year and ourselfs promoted back to the championship. 

Darren Young's last game incharge of Albion Rovers as well. 

We will be well understregth for this especially at the back, I'm sure Halkett, Crighton, Longridge are all suspended along with Byrne, Gallagher and Cadden our injured. 

I think Maley will start in goals and we may go with Lithgow, Toderov and one of the young lads as a back 3, Mullin, Jacobs, Sinclair, De Vita in the middle and maybe Knox just behind Buchanan and Mullen. 

Anyway looking forward to this, 5 or 6 of us are dressing up for the shits and giggles, so should be a good laugh. 

Only game in League One where both teams have nothing to play for, Rovers are safe and we have the league done and dusted after being presented with the trophy last week. Lets keep it nice and friendly, Rovers 6-6 Livi.

One last party. Would love to win this one to finish on over 80 points, also remember some walloper who supports one of the diddies in this league saying that we haven't been as good as Dunfermline last year so would be funny if we finished on more points than they did.

2-0 Livi FT.

Didn't hit the 100 goal mark but another win puts us on 9 league wins in a row, a new record for Livi.

Great season by the players and just got stronger and stronger in the run in, finishing on a high. It has been fun supporting Livi this season, here's hoping next season is a good one too. :thumsup2

Very comfortable last game of the season, expected it to be tougher than that but it was 2-0 going on 6 or 7, Buchy should've had a hat-trick himself. 

9 wins out of 9 in the last quarter is pretty impressive for anyone, no matter what league they are in. 

Good following today, sunshine out, summer football ? 

Oh and what the hell happened with Declan Gallagher ? It was tweeted that he broke his foot, clearly not lol. 

Wish next season started next week, it's been a thougoughly enjoyable season, now it's down to all of us to push the season ticket sales. 

See you all next season :thumsup2

Not much point dissecting this one, we played some very nice stuff until Livi opened the scoring, after that it was game over. Livi struck woodwork three times in second half. Could have been a pummelling in the end.

So farewell to the management team and the majority of the players, disappointing not to get another look at Ross Stewart (striker) before the season finished, think I saw him in the stand today though. Probably farewell to the Dunlops too. Best of luck to all the guys moving on, it's been a great 3 seasons under Darren but all things come to an end.

Very good laugh today I really enjoyed that game biggest cheer of the game for Gary Malley's double saves.

Great season would love to do it all again. Sometimes it's good to come down to this league and pump all the wee teams.

To think Airdrie and Alloa believed they could beat us to the title, laughable really.

8 minutes ago, sam2304 said:

Not much point dissecting this one, we played some very nice stuff until Livi opened the scoring, after that it was game over. Livi struck woodwork three times in second half. Could have been a pummelling in the end.

So farewell to the management team and the majority of the players, disappointing not to get another look at Ross Stewart (striker) before the season finished, think I saw him in the stand today though. Probably farewell to the Dunlops too. Best of luck to all the guys moving on, it's been a great 3 seasons under Darren but all things come to an end.

I wasn't there. Ending the season with four straight defeats does not bode well, I fear.

I wasn't there. Ending the season with four straight defeats does not bode well, I fear.

You didn't miss much today Bold. We honestly knocked the ball around very well for the first 15 minutes or so, Wallace with a few nice touches in and around the box but nobody willing to have a crack at goal. More to do with Livi not having woke up yet and once they did there was only going to be one outcome. Strong shout for offside for their goal but I was at the far end of the Coatbridge side of the ground so couldn't say much on that. Willis had a one on one with the keeper which he should have scored from and then they made it 2-0 before half time.

Second half was a complete no show, bar our usual final 10 minutes all out attack, their keeper pulled off a few great saves late on to stop us getting a consolation. Daniel Lightbody played the full game in Gary Fisher's number 4 position, suggests that if becomes a first team regular next season then that will be his role. I've seen him play a number of times at CB for the under 20's but I don't think he's ready for that at League 1 level. He had a decent game though, never stopped trying. Apart from that it was pretty much our strongest starting 11 with Reid at left back again, also wearing the captains armband. His last game maybe? I certainly hope not.

Archived