Queen of the South vs Dunfermline: 5th place showdown

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Will the club be appealing the caution since that now seems to be an acceptable thing to do when it comes to simulation?

Ok, its been a long night and I am maybe being whooshed but what have I missed? Who has been appealing bookings? As far as I know thats not even possible except in cases of mistaken identity.

Given that we hadn't grassed Dobbie in by 7pm yesterday evening I think it's safe to assume he didn't take a dive and can count himself unfortunate to be booked for simulation. 

One of the photographers from behind that goal has published a series of still photos showing your defender standing in Dobbie's right foot in that incident. It should have been a penalty

It shows his foot touching Dobbie's, the picture does show that it doesn't impede Dobbie's foot though. And as with any penalty incident a still photo shows nothing :)

6b463bd56f26584838515842e6dc856d.jpg

Still photos depend on interpretation, the writer of the QOS match report says "foot trod on". Whereas another interpretation is a skilful move by Dobbie, noticing Ashcroft off balance, then having the foresight to wedge his foot under Ashcroft's thereby creating the illusion of being impeded. Deserved booking for simulation. Probably got away with it so many times previously, that he has built up a reputation for not going down easily. Hopefully we'll get this ref for our Falkirk fixtures next season, doesn't put up with this nonsense.

Spoiler:

Should have been a penalty, don't worry though, this stuff evens itself out over a season. If only there were any matches left.

Thought it was a penalty at the time and the photo has just confirmed it but the ref has to be sure before giving it. At the end of the day it doesn,t matter we got beat 1-0 roll on next season cos the last couple of months have been a drag just waiting for this season to finish.Btw Dunfermlines no8 was brilliant yesterday, Thought he ran the game.

Refs will be scared to give penalties against the Pars after the game vs us. They have played that situation well.

Also people might feel intimidated with their racist support although to be fair their board has attempted to tackle that element of their support.

Beat it with your reverse psychology pish. Your man got caught blatantly cheating after the fact with video evidence.

Dobbie on the other hand was unlucky in that when you go down whilst someone is standing on your foot, it looks like you are just falling over. We should rescind his yellow and replay the tie.

And unsure how calling out a cheat, that happens to be of another race, is racist? A cheat is a cheat, no matter what colour, creed or religion he is. If he had a big nose and was called a "cheating big nosed ********" would that be an affront to big nosed people. Playing the racism card when you're caught cheating sets back race equality in my opinion.

18 hours ago, QosLoyal said:

Been some belters in this fixture. Was it not 2009 a throw in went in for us? Think it was same game Wullie Mclaren scored from just inside the Dunfermline half? Also the Bob Harris OG was a screamer too.

Was discussing that on the way up the road yesterday. Certainly been some bizarre goals in games between us in recent years; still not entirely clear how our goal actually came to being yesterday. I felt a bit sorry for Robinson there though.

Overall, delighted to end with a win and in fifth place, which is a very credible achievement after our poor start and having just come up from League One. Not a game that'll live long in the memory; first half was uneventful but second half Queens had the better of the chances and should rue not taking one. For the penalty, I too was in the Main Stand and I thought Dobbie made the most of it and was looking for it. I haven't watched any highlights though but that was my first thought at the time.

I was fortunate enough to be in hospitality yesterday with my old man and Queens fans he knows through work. Great wee set up; the staff and punters in there were spot on, as was the grub and drink! The hospitality hosts and everyone there were extremely welcoming and the only downside was I didn't win the Queens malt in the raffle! 

Really enjoyable day out as always at Palmerston. Hopefully one of our fixtures there next season will be at a time of the season when the sun's out!

2 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Beat it with your reverse psychology pish. Your man got caught blatantly cheating after the fact with video evidence.

Dobbie on the other hand was unlucky in that when you go down whilst someone is standing on your foot, it looks like you are just falling over. We should rescind his yellow and replay the tie.

Am not having a go. You have played that well. Leishman knows how to play these things well. He has done it for years.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dunfermline passed it about really well in the first half I thought but I can't recall a shot on target other than Clark's pass back to Robinson. We should have had a couple. Dobbie missed a great chance when he struck first time rather than take a touch.

Are you getting Tapping and Carmichael mixed up? I thought Tapping had started to boss the midfield and then he was subbed. I assume it was for fitness reasons. If it wasn't then by god I fear even more over Naysmith. Carmichael was pretty meh again.

I think Dunfermline would have shaded it slightly in the first half but it was pretty much one way traffic in our favour in the second half.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1494144244.388687.jpg

I spent most of the game worrying about Cummings scoring so I assure you I'm not seething about the result but I'd say it's fair to say we can feel robbed.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1494144387.355354.jpg

Someone at Coral appears to have made a booboo. Oops!

Nope deffo Carmichael. Suppose if you watch him week in week out you'll know better than I about his outputs. He genuinely looked significantly more dangerous than anyone else in your team yesterday including Dobbie who I thought was awful.

btw, cash out!!! Congrats :)

35 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

And unsure how calling out a cheat, that happens to be of another race, is racist? A cheat is a cheat, no matter what colour, creed or religion he is. If he had a big nose and was called a "cheating big nosed ********" would that be an affront to big nosed people. Playing the racism card when you're caught cheating sets back race equality in my opinion.

in that case please remove all references to colour in your username

1 hour ago, Black and White Tragic said:

More or less misses the calamitous winner but does show that Callum Tapping was VERY comfortably onside when flagged off before netting early in the second half. It's not even close. It's a horrible decision. He's at least a yard on. Dykes is offside but the ball doesn't go near him and he doesn't chase it. Poor, poor error because it wasn't even a difficult one to get right really.

No showing of the penalty shout there either. Nor Connor Murray drawing a decent stop from Fleming before the winner too.

Archived