Queen of the South vs Dunfermline: 5th place showdown

2 hours ago, Tam said:

I thought he had done it all when it came to gifts but Coco Santa excelled himself today. Hero to negative number now.

i was behind the goals at the side Dobbie went down. Yes, if you know the player, he doesn't dive; but, if I had been reffing, I wouldn't have given it. It didn't look convincing. However, as ex-player pundits never tire of telling us, if a player feels contact, he is entitled to go down. Well I wish they would all stay on their feet - somebody should explain this to Robinson - and let the ref decide.. It'll never happen though.

Having attended all the home games of a team with one of the worst home records in the league, I am looking forward to the next couple of months off.

TTFN.

He dived. At least from my view in the away end he did.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

*cough* Nicky Clark *cough*

*cough* Paul McMullan *cough*

*cough* Joe Cardle *cough*

At least 2 of whom dived today. I'm not a fan of it and usually berate our players for doing it

Anyway; I like Queens as a club. Palmerston is excellent and I wish the Norrie was a terrace like the home end behind the goal. As I said to one of my friends, it's the best home end in Scotland.

P.S. Dumfries is a nice town

P.P.S. Gav/Hawk, yer shite

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

He dived. At least from my view in the away end he did.

At least 2 of whom dived today. I'm not a fan of it and usually berate our players for doing it

Anyway; I like Queens as a club. Palmerston is excellent and I wish the Norrie was a terrace like the home end behind the goal. As I said to one of my friends, it's the best home end in Scotland.

P.S. Dumfries is a nice town

P.P.S. Gav/Hawk, yer shite

To be fair to Cardle, he wasnt on the pitch for long ;)

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Why's Dumfries got such a strangely large Man Utd following?

Cos it's pretty close to Manchester. Pretty quick on the train I think.

Dick.

If it means pumping your lot 4 times again next season, then aye, why no.

Aye, that 1-1 draw was an absolute pumping right enough.

10 minutes ago, GordieBoy80 said:

It really wasn't. It was an affront to football.

I thought we played well, created chances and looked solid at the back till that p***k spoiled it at the end. He should be sacked.

9 hours ago, Socks said:

Hard to say on the penalty shout from the away end, though my immediate instinct was that it wasn't a penalty. Can't really be sure either way though.

One of the photographers from behind that goal has published a series of still photos showing your defender standing in Dobbie's right foot in that incident. It should have been a penalty but I think it was a difficult one for the ref to see. Unfortunately he got it wrong and it probably cost us 5th. Hey ho we will get over it.

Hope everyone on the Dunfermline bus that crashed on the A701 is ok? That is far more important in the scheme of things.

6 hours ago, kirkyblue2 said:

I thought we played well, created chances and looked solid at the back till that p***k spoiled it at the end. He should be sacked.

I'm usually quite happy to point the finger at Robinson when he gifts soft goals but in this instance I think he was unfortunate that he simply slipped as he turned to get to the ball. Outfield players often slip but it's unfortunate that when our keeper does it costs a goal. If highlights show he could have done better however then he deserves all the flak he gets.  A sickening way to lose a game but it kind of sums up the majority of our season.

One of the photographers from behind that goal has published a series of still photos showing your defender standing in Dobbie's right foot in that incident. It should have been a penalty but I think it was a difficult one for the ref to see. Unfortunately he got it wrong and it probably cost us 5th. Hey ho we will get over it.
Hope everyone on the Dunfermline bus that crashed on the A701 is ok? That is far more important in the scheme of things.

Will the club be appealing the caution since that now seems to be an acceptable thing to do when it comes to simulation?

Will the club be appealing the caution since that now seems to be an acceptable thing to do when it comes to simulation?

Wouldn't really be worth it.

I'm sure grant228 will be along shortly to apologise to our Lord and saviour. He's that kinda guy

Disagree with queens being better team overall. First half Pars shaded it second half queens did, but there never looked like a goal coming.  Until that moment of hilarity.
why did Carmichael come off? He was your best player by some way.

Dunfermline passed it about really well in the first half I thought but I can't recall a shot on target other than Clark's pass back to Robinson. We should have had a couple. Dobbie missed a great chance when he struck first time rather than take a touch.

Are you getting Tapping and Carmichael mixed up? I thought Tapping had started to boss the midfield and then he was subbed. I assume it was for fitness reasons. If it wasn't then by god I fear even more over Naysmith. Carmichael was pretty meh again.

That missing out on fifth must really be stinging you. Dunfermline had more of the play however Queens, I confess, tested our keeper a few times compared with our pretty much one pass that went in tally.

I think Dunfermline would have shaded it slightly in the first half but it was pretty much one way traffic in our favour in the second half.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1494144244.388687.jpg

I spent most of the game worrying about Cummings scoring so I assure you I'm not seething about the result but I'd say it's fair to say we can feel robbed.

Pretty shit God that couldn't top the scorer charts for the season and plays for a team that finished below the.. Ahem... God awful Pars.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1494144387.355354.jpg

Someone at Coral appears to have made a booboo. Oops!

Archived