Queen of the South vs Dunfermline: 5th place showdown

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. Dive.

Been some belters in this fixture. Was it not 2009 a throw in went in for us? Think it was same game Wullie Mclaren scored from just inside the Dunfermline half? Also the Bob Harris OG was a screamer too.

And a defence, midfield, attack and manager!

Defence is a big priority. Hope we can get Joe Thomson back he is some player. I can see quite a big turnover in players this summer.

Guest Flash
40 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Clark scored? How can that be possible? 

It was possible because Coco tripped over his clownshoes when trying to deal with a shot that was like a pass-back. 

16 minutes ago, QosLoyal said:

Been some belters in this fixture. Was it not 2009 a throw in went in for us? Think it was same game Wullie Mclaren scored from just inside the Dunfermline half? Also the Bob Harris OG was a screamer too.

Aye Chris Smith air shot. That was the last (and first time) I was at Palmerston before today.

Sadly never saw the Harris OG in person.

Anyway, could barely celebrate the goal today due to the tears of laugher.

Also in Cavens now and it's a good pub. Excellent tap selection and Smackdown was on the TV and now Barcelona/Villareal is on.

15 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

That result/goal just summed up our season! emoji35.png

It did didnt it?

Dunfermline probably just shaded the first half, certainly in terms of possession, and they played some neat football at times without ever really threatening Robinson and Queens had the better chances. The second half was all Queens, though, and Robinson was a virtual spectator until he slipped and let Clarks pass back past him. Higgins maybe could have done better challenging Clark but it was a real freak goal.

The main plus of the day was Tapping getting an hour and playing well.

Guest Flash
25 minutes ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

That result/goal just summed up our season! emoji35.png

I think it summed up Robinson tbh.

1 hour ago, Broony88 said:

Dobbie dive, Thoughts ? 

Photographer behind goal has told Naismith he has picture that shows it was stonewall penalty, for me Dobbie went down very easily looking for a decision and thats probably why it wasn't given

3 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

Photographer behind goal has told Naismith he has picture that shows it was stonewall penalty, for me Dobbie went down very easily looking for a decision and thats probably why it wasn't given

Did he though? It looked a penalty from the main stand but the thing is, Dobbie just doesnt go down like that, ever.

2 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

If Stephen Dobbie dived then it was the first time in his career. His reaction after basically made it clear it was a penalty. Would have been interesting to see if he had been allowed to take it at that stage.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

. Would have been interesting to see if he had been allowed to take it at that stage.

Do you honestly think there was any question about who would have taken the pen? At times today thought players were guilty of trying to much to pass to Dobbie so he could score

Fantastic from Reilly yet again. Superb stretching display. He ran about really well. Wish we could keep him but obviously hearts will want him for their spl title challenge and perhaps a scotland call up.

Do you honestly think there was any question about who would have taken the pen? At times today thought players were guilty of trying to much to pass to Dobbie so he could score

Got to say i thought on first viewing it was a delayed reaction. But Dobbs has never been one for diving so be interesting to see the replay.

From the far end it looked like he flung his arms back which is a sign of a dive normally and while he had a wee moan after the decision, he didn't protest for that long afterwards. Quite surprised it wasn't given though. Why the debate about if he'd take it or not?

Archived