Hearts vs Aberdeen - Sunday 7th May

Chance 2/5 for the Dons to wrap up 2nd place.

The last twice we've played Hearts we have absolutely battered them. I reckon Deek will bring Reynolds back in and go to the usual team of the last few months, although it has to be said that Saturday's clusterfuck was nothing to do with the formation imo.

Just about last chance saloon for Hearts to put some pressure on Saints for the final European place as well, Saints expected to lose at Parkhead so could cut the gap to 3 with a win and still to play them. Although it must've been a blow to slip further behind given last Saturdays fixtures.

Should make for an exciting attacking game.

3-1 Aberdeen.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Darren said:

I will attend to bid farewell to the old stand. 

Same. It will be my first game since Easter Road and last one for quite some time.

If the sheep shaggers have downed tools, we might scrape another draw and extend our scintillating run of form.

If we had won on Saturday, we could have played a fringe team in this match - to keep players fresh for the dual challenge of Celtic a week on Friday, and Ibrox the following Wednesday - couple of unwanted records needing eliminated in those matches.

Predictably we made a horlicks of things on Saturday when the prize was there to be grabbed with a completely lacklustre performance in a dreadful match against classic Tommy Wright make things as ugly and as horrible as possible tactics.

Our Tynecastle record has improved a bit of late - and hopefully the players can get themselves up to repeat the performance of the December match where we should have won a lot more convincingly than 1-0.

However, this is AFC after the split and I reckon a 1-1 draw in this one.

With all due respect to Hearts, this is arguably our best chance of our remaining fixtures to get three points. After Saturday's result, we should be aiming to secure second place as soon as possible rather than just crawling over the line. 

I would revert to a structure and personnel that has worked well for us over the last couple of seasons and should be well placed to win this game: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn/Christie, McLean, Hayes; Rooney. McGinn has looked a bit jaded recently, so there is a reasonable shout that Christie could and should retain his place. 

Lose this and conceivably we'll need to beat Partick in our last game to secure 2nd. Hope I'm wrong

Yep we need to get it done and dusted asap.

Don't want to give the govan loyal any encouragement going into the fixture at ibrox

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Hearts' pessimism is firing my optimism. I think we'll have this one. Is it on the telly?

No 

I think the only reason for it being on the Sunday is because Hibs are at home on the Saturday 

Archived