The Best and Worst of 2016/17

This thread has been stolen wholesale from the Championship forum but who gives a rat's ass when it's such a piping-hot topic? It's pretty simple - which team and individual has turned in the best and worst performances against your side this season? There's also a category for your own side too!

Best team performance (Stenhousemuir)
I've only seen a handful of away performances so most of the rankings will be based on games at Ochilview. My favourite game of the season was the 4-2 win over Airdrieonians at the end of January. We were the better team throughout and controlled the match. The scoreline suggests the game was closer than it actually was - had it not been for two pieces of dreadful goalkeeping by Colin McCabe, we would have strolled through it. The injury-time strike from Carlos Mazana-Martinez is one of the best I've ever seen from a Stenhousemuir player.

Worst team performance (Stenhousemuir)
I remember being thoroughly disappointed after losing 3-0 to Albion Rovers in March. We looked a poor side in the first half and were absolutely bodied in the second, losing three poor goals and generally playing without spirit or guts. I'm sure we had a good chance to lift ourselves out of the relegation places and really let ourselves down.

Best individual performance (Stenhousemuir)
Kieran Millar's showing in the 1-0 victory over Stranraer was as good a performance I've seen from a Stenhousemuir player in a long time. Millar was everywhere, charging around the part, snapping into tackles, biting away at his opponents, and he capped his performance with an excellent goal. In a close second is Scott Walker and his eight-minute cameo in the 1-0 loss to East Fife.

Worst individual performance (Stenhousemuir)
Colin McCabe, mentioned earlier, is one of the key reasons we're scrapping at the foot of the table this season. He's let us down so many times over the course of the campaign with his limp-wrist goalkeeping and indecision but his nadir might have been during the 5-0 loss to Stranraer in mid-October. I don't think the team necessarily played all that poorly that afternoon but McCabe sure as heck made sure the Blues got the win. From allowing Willie Gibson to score with a potshot free-kick to conceding two simple goals in as many minutes, McCabe was rubbish. Someone tole me last week he was trialling at Chesterfield; fair play to him.

Best team performance (opposition)
While it was our worst performance, I was very impressed with Albion Rovers when they beat us 3-0. They were well organised and knew exactly what was required from them; it was quite clear they'd done their homework on Stenhousemuir, with all three goals coming from attacks down the left, targeting Jamie McCormack's inability to deal with balls over his head. I was surprised they'd struggled over the course of the season because they certainly looked the part that afternoon.

Worst team performance (opposition)
I only saw the highlights so I'm not sure if this counts but Airdrieonians were wretched when we gubbed them 5-0 just before Christmas. They were chasing Livingston at the top of the table, while we we struggling at the bottom, and we absolutely bodied them. Airdrie defended terribly at every situation. The match was probably the turning point in their season - they failed to keep pace with Livi and, after the Amber Machine played their game in hand a couple of days later, they were seven points behind. Lovely stuff.

Best individual performance (opposition)
Big Sean Crighton strolled through the match when Livingston pitched up on a cold December night to spank us 4-0. With his height and his broad shoulders, Crighton really looks the part and he was completely unfazed in dealing with our (admittedly very limited) attack.

Worst individual performance (opposition)
It's been a long time since I've seen a full-back look as wretched as little Tommy Lennox but fair play to Scott Stewart for keeping his spirit alive and well when Stenhousemuir pumped Airdrieonians 4-2. Stewart was dreadful and looked very nervous whenever the ball came anywhere near him. Alan Cook roasted him time and time again that day; no wonder Diamonds fans think their erstwhile winger looks like a young Ryan Giggs whenever he faces them.

Now over to you? What are your thoughts? Don't forget to like, share and subscribe and leave a message in the comments!

Best team performance (Airdrie)
The two wins over Peterhead and Saturday's win at East Fife were games where every player stepped up, fought for the jersey, and played some nice football into the bargain. However, I'd go for the 4-3 win over Albion Rovers. We were the better team throughout, but Rovers were incredibly dogged and fought back every time we scored. Russell's amazing volley and McIntosh's stoppage time winner are the sort of thing that make you glad you suffer pishy lower league Scottish football every week - the fact that they came away from home in a Monklands derby made them so much sweeter.

Worst team performance (Airdrie)
Airdrie 0-5 Stenhousemuir. Seven wins on the trot, a point off the top and playing the bottom side. Easy peasy. Pishy wishy, mair like. Not one player turned up.

Best individual performance (Airdrie)
When Ryan Conroy plays well, Airdrie play well. In the 2-1 win at Alloa in October he controlled the midfield, creating for us and marking them out the game. And he scored a peach to boot.

Worst individual performance (Airdrie)
There's always a scapegoat at Airdrie, and a few players have had a few stinkers this season. The one that sticks out for me was Hugo Faria in the first game of the season. We more than matched Partick Thistle for an hour, then big Shug came off the bench and sold a goal. Shame, nice big fella.

Livingston made us their bitches this season, but I have to give this one to Brechin for their 3-0 midweek win last month. The game was delayed by an hour because their players were stuck in traffic, but they strolled in 5 minutes before kick-off, absorbed all our pressure in the first half, and skelped us in the second.

Probably East Fife on Saturday. I know they were ravaged by injuries, I know they had a questionable red card, but they offered nothing. If we were still playing now they wouldn't have scored.

Livi's numerous ex-Airdrie players have done well against us, but in the 4-0 reverse in February Danny Mullen was as close to imperious as a League One player can be. Ran the show. Kudos also to Willis Furtado in the aforementioned 5-0 scudding off Stenny.

Jim Goodwin. 19th November, 2016. Scored an own goal, crocked our captain for the season, and was sent off seven minutes into the second half. Tit.

Best team performance (Stenhousemuir)
Airdrie 0 Stenhousemuir 5. Can’t remember the last time I was at the football and didn’t want it to end. I know it’s being greedy, but I just wish we had scored more. There were still around 20 minutes to play when we scored the 5th. Airdrie full backs have had a horrid time of it against us, but Furtado’s treatment of the full back that day was magical.
Worst team performance (Stenhousemuir)
I’m excluding the first quarter of the season as we were struggling to get 11 bodies on the park then, so for me it was the game against Queen’s Park when we lost 2-0 in February. We had two games against Queen’s and Albion Rovers where two wins would have taken us into promotion play off territory, but we turned in a limp wristed performance which, to be fair, was not in keeping with the effort and commitment the team have shown this season. 
Best individual performance (Stenhousemuir)
Kieran Miller against Stranraer was indeed a fantastic performance, but Alan Cook against Airdrie at Ochilview wins it for me. Airdrie were petrified of him. Every time he got the ball it looked like he would score.
Worst individual performance (Stenhousemuir)
As much as I hate to criticise, Grant Hamilton at Albion Rovers when we lost 4-0 (it was 0-0 at half time) in September was quite uncomfortable. He was out of his depth, in a team that was cobbled together, and I feel really sorry for him, but he just wasn’t ready for that level of football. Thinking back to those days, it is quite remarkable that we are still alive and kicking going in to the last game of the season. 
Based on what I have seen, no particular team has been head and shoulders this season, but looking back, I think I was most impressed by the East Fife team when they beat us 1-0 midweek in December at Ochilview. Solid at the back with a bit of creativity going forward. 
Been a few but obviously the Airdrie performances take some beating. The 5-0 was brutal, but the 4-2 game wasn’t far behind. Even in our “dark days” Airdrie struggled against us. I am honestly amazed that they are where they are in the league. Having said that I have witnessed horror shows from Queen’s Park (twice) and Stranraer, Allegedly, the league doesn’t lie, but I’m beginning to wonder…
Kyle Turner’s performance when Stranraer thumped us 5-0 stood out. Also honourable mentions to Ross Stewart (goalkeeper), Greig Spence and Jonathon Page. 
Scott Stewart. Airdrie. Worst performance any season, not just this one. 

Probably East Fife on Saturday. I know they were ravaged by injuries, I know they had a questionable red card, but they offered nothing. If we were still playing now they wouldn't have scored.

You're probably right, the sending off didn't change the result but it did affect the score line. We had to score first to put doubt in Airdrie's minds but hey ho we've had a brilliant season just  a pity we've ended with successive home defeats.

Best team performance (East Fife)

There are three that Spring to mind, the games against Dundee and Dumbarton in the League Cup and the first League game versus Peterhead at Balmoor!!!

The Dundee game showed our battling qualities but in the other two it was a case of us being imperious throughout, I'm going to go for the Dumbarton game as it was against a team from a higher division, how that game only ended up being 2-0 I'll never know, a lesson was seriously dealt out that night with "King" Kevin Smith orchestrating everything as his role of tormentor in chief saw him ripping the Dumbarton back four a new arsehole every time he had the ball, it was a joy to watch!!!

Worst team performance (East Fife)

That one is easy, Saturday past versus Airdrie, disappointment doesn't describe it, devoid of ideas and fit players it was obvious that this was one trip to the well too many, every adversity that the team had fought through over the previous few weeks just couldn't be overcome this time, we had guys playing who shouldn't even have been stripped because of injury, guys on the bench who were just making up the numbers and had no chance of coming on because they were injured, it was a performance breathtaking in its ineptitude, I've said elsewhere how shite do you have to be to make Airdrie look like the circa 1970 Brazil side, but we managed it, to be fair there was nothing between the sides in the first half, both only managing one shot on goal, the difference being they scored with theirs, but once they got a penalty and we got a man sent off there was only going to be one winner, we had nothing to offer whatsoever and they looked like they could score with every attack, a game best forgotten!!!

Best individual performance (East Fife)

There's been a few, Duggan's comeback v Queens Park, Insall v Livingston, King Kev v Dundee & Dumbarton, Lamont v Peterhead, but for me it's got to be Jonathan Page against Livingston in March, he was immense!!!

This was the only time I've seen the Livingston that played against the other sides in the division, three times out of four we had beaten them and even in the game they one I wasn't impressed with them, they got a dodgy penalty and we had two men sent off to help them win that one, but this time it was different, they dominated this game for the first 80 minutes but had the bad luck to come up against Pagey, who in just being Pagey, was immense, if there was a block to be made, he made it, if there was a header to be won, he won it and if there was a player to make an oppositions collective shoulders sag once they realise they've thrown everything they can think off at a player and that they have now run out of ideas then it was he who not only defeated them physically but also mentally, once they had thrown in the towel the final ten minutes were ours, we went up the park, scored and started our run into contention for the playoffs, all because of Pagey that day!!!

Worst individual performance (East Fife)

Really hard pushed to think of one for this category, there's been some dull ones recently but I think all our fans realise there has usually been extenuating circumstances and our case it has usually been that the guy has been injured and probably shouldn't be playing ( I know I sound like a stuck record on this one but it is true)!!!

If I have to name anybody then I'll have to go with Chris Kane first couple of appearances for us, when for some reason Gary Naysmith thought he was a ball playing central midfielder, make no bones about it, he was fucking awful and all the preseason hilarity that his signing had caused with the Cowdengelly support all seemed to have a grain of truth about it!!!

But I will end with the caveat that Kane, once he was put in to the defence has been immense and proved himself to be one of the best in his position in the Division and the positive reaction from the fans about him after he signed a two year deal last week shows how much he has come on since his early setbacks!!!

Alloa, always Alloa, pick any game they have played against us and they have always impressed, even the Alloa fans will tell you that we have never been "pish" against them but they have always been better!!!

I do think they are and have been the best footballing side in the Division this season, I know the Livi boys will disagree on that but what can I say, we always beat Livi but we can't get anything from Alloa, two draws at home and three scuddings at their place tell the story, we were decent at their place and at the top of our game at ours and yet we still couldn't beat them!!!

Brechin City at our place in February, the anti-football they displayed that day really left a bad taste in the mouth, yes I realise they were in the middle of a bad run and in desperate need to turn their form around but the downright thuggery they showed that day has no place in football, we won that day so it isn't sour grapes but their kick anything that moves attitude really turned a few stomachs that day even with some of their own support!!!

Furtado always plays well against us but in our last game v Stennie he single handily won the game for them, thought he was nearly unplayable that day and he has no connections to East Fife which is why I'm picking him before Ryan Wallace who has been immense against us every time we've met Albion Rovers this season, but I can't help thinking that playing against his old club helps him to raise his game, Furtado is doing the same against us with no such aid!!!

Lithgow at Livingston, the guys obviously not a bad player if he's playing for Livingston, but seems to have some kind of mental breakdown every time he comes up against The Fife Express, he looks so out of his depth it's scary, highlighted by his clumsy sending off at Bayview back in September, that was so comical somebody should do a meme with it[emoji6]!!!

Best team performance (East Fife)
There are three that Spring to mind, the games against Dundee and Dumbarton in the League Cup and the first League game versus Peterhead at Balmoor!!!
The Dundee game showed our battling qualities but in the other two it was a case of us being imperious throughout, I'm going to go for the Dumbarton game as it was against a team from a higher division, how that game only ended up being 2-0 I'll never know, a lesson was seriously dealt out that night with "King" Kevin Smith orchestrating everything as his role of tormentor in chief saw him ripping the Dumbarton back four a new arsehole every time he had the ball, it was a joy to watch!!!
Worst team performance (East Fife)
That one is easy, Saturday past versus Airdrie, disappointment doesn't describe it, devoid of ideas and fit players it was obvious that this was one trip to the well too many, every adversity that the team had fought through over the previous few weeks just couldn't be overcome this time, we had guys playing who shouldn't even have been stripped because of injury, guys on the bench who were just making up the numbers and had no chance of coming on because they were injured, it was a performance breathtaking in its ineptitude, I've said elsewhere how shite do you have to be to make Airdrie look like the circa 1970 Brazil side, but we managed it, to be fair there was nothing between the sides in the first half, both only managing one shot on goal, the difference being they scored with theirs, but once they got a penalty and we got a man sent off there was only going to be one winner, we had nothing to offer whatsoever and they looked like they could score with every attack, a game best forgotten!!!
Best individual performance (East Fife)
There's been a few, Duggan's comeback v Queens Park, Insall v Livingston, King Kev v Dundee & Dumbarton, Lamont v Peterhead, but for me it's got to be Jonathan Page against Livingston in March, he was immense!!!
This was the only time I've seen the Livingston that played against the other sides in the division, three times out of four we had beaten them and even in the game they one I wasn't impressed with them, they got a dodgy penalty and we had two men sent off to help them win that one, but this time it was different, they dominated this game for the first 80 minutes but had the bad luck to come up against Pagey, who in just being Pagey, was immense, if there was a block to be made, he made it, if there was a header to be won, he won it and if there was a player to make an oppositions collective shoulders sag once they realise they've thrown everything they can think off at a player and that they have now run out of ideas then it was he who not only defeated them physically but also mentally, once they had thrown in the towel the final ten minutes were ours, we went up the park, scored and started our run into contention for the playoffs, all because of Pagey that day!!!
Worst individual performance (East Fife)
Really hard pushed to think of one for this category, there's been some dull ones recently but I think all our fans realise there has usually been extenuating circumstances and our case it has usually been that the guy has been injured and probably shouldn't be playing ( I know I sound like a stuck record on this one but it is true)!!!
If I have to name anybody then I'll have to go with Chris Kane first couple of appearances for us, when for some reason Gary Naysmith thought he was a ball playing central midfielder, make no bones about it, he was fucking awful and all the preseason hilarity that his signing had caused with the Cowdengelly support all seemed to have a grain of truth about it!!!
But I will end with the caveat that Kane, once he was put in to the defence has been immense and proved himself to be one of the best in his position in the Division and the positive reaction from the fans about him after he signed a two year deal last week shows how much he has come on since his early setbacks!!!
Alloa, always Alloa, pick any game they have played against us and they have always impressed, even the Alloa fans will tell you that we have never been "pish" against them but they have always been better!!!
I do think they are and have been the best footballing side in the Division this season, I know the Livi boys will disagree on that but what can I say, we always beat Livi but we can't get anything from Alloa, two draws at home and three scuddings at their place tell the story, we were decent at their place and at the top of our game at ours and yet we still couldn't beat them!!!
Brechin City at our place in February, the anti-football they displayed that day really left a bad taste in the mouth, yes I realise they were in the middle of a bad run and in desperate need to turn their form around but the downright thuggery they showed that day has no place in football, we won that day so it isn't sour grapes but their kick anything that moves attitude really turned a few stomachs that day even with some of their own support!!!
Furtado always plays well against us but in our last game v Stennie he single handily won the game for them, thought he was nearly unplayable that day and he has no connections to East Fife which is why I'm picking him before Ryan Wallace who has been immense against us every time we've met Albion Rovers this season, but I can't help thinking that playing against his old club helps him to raise his game, Furtado is doing the same against us with no such aid!!!
Lithgow at Livingston, the guys obviously not a bad player if he's playing for Livingston, but seems to have some kind of mental breakdown every time he comes up against The Fife Express, he looks so out of his depth it's scary, highlighted by his clumsy sending off at Bayview back in September, that was so comical somebody should do a meme with it[emoji6]!!!

Worst Individual performance of all time has to be Livi. keeper Liam Kelly at Bayview.
It was worse than Sunday League goalkeeping,the match highlights did him a favour by not showing him trying to catch a simple shot,fumbling it behind him & the ball crept just past the post for a corner. The rest of his performance was full of errors

Best team performance (Alloa)

Ross County at home in the League Cup. Came roaring out of the traps and absolutely blitzed the holders with 2 early goals from Kirkpatrick and Robertson. Could have easily been more, with Cawley and Spence both having great chances to add to the lead. County responded well though, started to take control of the game and it was level at the interval. However, the players dug in and got the winner late on through Callum Waters. Could have sealed it late on when Isaac Layne rolled one off the post, but hung on for the win which knocked the holders out.

Special mention to matches on the road against Stranraer in the league (5-2) and Bala in the Irn Bru Cup (4-2), where we played our opponents off the pitch and had both games done and dusted by half time. We also had excellent performances against Inverness and Celtic in the League Cup.

Worst team performance (Alloa)

Stranraer away back in January was probably the worst we have played all season. Didnt get going at all, really disjointed. Stranraer should have put the game to bed that day. Somehow managed to claw a win out of it with late goals from Flannigan and Robertson.

Best individual performance (Alloa)

Some real standouts from Kirkpatrick and Waters in particular, but I'll go for Iain Flannigan vs Queens Park at Hampden back in September. Head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch, it was only right he put the icing on the cake with the winning goal

Worst individual performance (Alloa)

Not too many shockers really, probably have to go for the aforementioned performance by the manager against Airdrie away where he was sent off. It did create a funny moment though, with the referee so excited to get the opportunity to do so that he dropped all his cards. It was a rare bad day for him though, he was excellent mainly until he moved permanently to the dugout around January time.

Livingston at home, the 2-2 draw in February. No other team has dominated us at home all season like they did that day. Played some excellent stuff

Peterhead on the opening day of the season were pretty poor, but to be fair we played well that day.

Kolo Toure for Celtic in the League Cup. Anticipation, awareness, composure- showed every bit of his experience and class.

Probably because it was a rarity (against us anyway), but Iain Russell at Airdrie had a real shocker the other week. McAllister on the opening day as well, just completely wrapped it in the first 15 minutes. These guys are probably more noticeable due to being reasonably high profile players in this league, Im sure others have played a lot worse.

38 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Probably because it was a rarity (against us anyway), but Iain Russell at Airdrie had a real shocker the other week. McAllister on the opening day as well, just completely wrapped it in the first 15 minutes. These guys are probably more noticeable due to being reasonably high profile players in this league, Im sure others have played a lot worse.

Rory McAllister has been garbage on the three occasions I've seen him this season. His performance in the match at Balmoor the other week was rubbish - after failing to get the better of Mason Robertson within the first 10 minutes, he spent the rest of the game looking for phantom fouls and mewling at the referee. McAllister really looks like the fire inside him's gone because he looks like he just couldn't be bothered.

Best team performance (Queen's Park)
2-1 win over Albion Rovers in December was our best showing of the season that I've seen. The scoreline suggests there was an actual contest, but there wasn't. We passed the ball really well and created a lot of chances. It was also the game that finally broke the hoodoo!

Worst team performance (Queen's Park)
Both Stenny home games were horrendous. The 3-0 defeat earlier in the season was a different level of shite, though. I thought we were done for at that point.

Best individual performance (Queen's Park)
This is an incredibly difficult one. All of our success has been down to performing well as a unit. We don't really have a standout player. 

Worst individual performance (Queen's Park)
Again, tough. Wharton's had a couple of disasters. We've lost the same goal about four times in the past year because he's not gone to attack a long ball and let it bounce. I can't remember the games, though!

Livi were pretty handy last week. Showed why they are champions after looking very ordinary in the three previous games.

Thought Airdrie were absolutely criminal in our 2-1 win at Hampden considering they are a full-time team.

Ian Russell always gives us a hellish time. He's scored six goals against us this season, most of them penalties right enough.

Daniel Boateng. Literally the worst professional footballer I've ever seen.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 00:28, el Gringo said:

Best team performance (Airdrie)
The two wins over Peterhead and Saturday's win at East Fife were games where every player stepped up, fought for the jersey, and played some nice football into the bargain. However, I'd go for the 4-3 win over Albion Rovers. We were the better team throughout, but Rovers were incredibly dogged and fought back every time we scored. Russell's amazing volley and McIntosh's stoppage time winner are the sort of thing that make you glad you suffer pishy lower league Scottish football every week - the fact that they came away from home in a Monklands derby made them so much sweeter.

Worst team performance (Airdrie)
Airdrie 0-5 Stenhousemuir. Seven wins on the trot, a point off the top and playing the bottom side. Easy peasy. Pishy wishy, mair like. Not one player turned up.

Best individual performance (Airdrie)
When Ryan Conroy plays well, Airdrie play well. In the 2-1 win at Alloa in October he controlled the midfield, creating for us and marking them out the game. And he scored a peach to boot.

Worst individual performance (Airdrie)
There's always a scapegoat at Airdrie, and a few players have had a few stinkers this season. The one that sticks out for me was Hugo Faria in the first game of the season. We more than matched Partick Thistle for an hour, then big Shug came off the bench and sold a goal. Shame, nice big fella.

Livingston made us their bitches this season, but I have to give this one to Brechin for their 3-0 midweek win last month. The game was delayed by an hour because their players were stuck in traffic, but they strolled in 5 minutes before kick-off, absorbed all our pressure in the first half, and skelped us in the second.

Livi's numerous ex-Airdrie players have done well against us, but in the 4-0 reverse in February Danny Mullen was as close to imperious as a League One player can be. Ran the show. Kudos also to Willis Furtado in the aforementioned 5-0 scudding off Stenny.

Jim Goodwin. 19th November, 2016. Scored an own goal, crocked our captain for the season, and was sent off seven minutes into the second half. Tit.

Largely agree with the above. The Rovers win was old school ground excitement, especially after MW had said we were a hard crowd to play before. Both Stenny defeats were dire but both had a 10 man scenario? Furtado was really good in the 0-5 game but I think Steven Boyd in the New Year defeat was some last game for him. Crighton's goal in the 0-4 defeat was astonishing as were nearly all the Livingston performances. Never saw Hugo's stinker this season as I was on holiday but I would have said all of his games were like that( I missed the so called starring role at Dunfermline) Best performance has to be Andy Ryan in nearly every game and his hat trick

36 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Kevin isn't that bad, you dont play for AC Milan if you're the worst ever.

His cousin Daniel at Airdrie though fits your profile as worst ever.

I'd have paid £16 to see a centreback pairing of Daniel Boateng and James Sharpe.   Wow, that would be incredible.

Oops :lol:

23 hours ago, StanDrew said:

Worst Individual performance of all time has to be Livi. keeper Liam Kelly at Bayview.
It was worse than Sunday League goalkeeping,the match highlights did him a favour by not showing him trying to catch a simple shot,fumbling it behind him & the ball crept just past the post for a corner. The rest of his performance was full of errors

He did the same against Alloa in the 2-2 draw, chucked a long range shot into his own net. He's been mostly ok but against East Fife he just turned into a bombscare.

4 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Kevin isn't that bad, you dont play for AC Milan if you're the worst ever.

His cousin Daniel at Airdrie though fits your profile as worst ever.

I'd have paid £16 to see a centreback pairing of Daniel Boateng and James Sharpe.   Wow, that would be incredible.

Don't give me nightmares. Was Sharpe signed by Kenny Black and had a long throw but was otherwise rotten? As for Daniel he may feature at the POTY so I will stay quiet.

Best team performance (Livingston)
Could pick from a few games. The first game against Stranraer. The 4-0 away to Airdrie. The 2 times we beat Alloa 3-1. The 3-0 up at Brechin (and the 3-0 at home) and the two recent home games v Queens Park (4-0) and Peterhead (4-1). All of these games showed us playing some fantastic football and some cracking goals.

Worst team performance (Livingston)
I will split this over 2 games - the first half away to East Fife when we lost 3-1 and ended with 9 men, and the second half at home to Queens Park when we lost 2 goals in a couple of minutes.

Best individual performance (Livingston)
Scott Pittman in almost every game. Same goes for Craig Halkett since he went to CB and also Gallagher since his return. All 3 have been outstanding this season.

Worst individual performance (Livingston)
Probably Kelly for the first game away to East Fife, shocking first half but he wasn't helped by his defence. I remember Crighton having a stinker a few months ago when every kick just seemed to go out of play. Think it was just before our winning streak started. Clutching at straws because we have not really had any player really have a notably horrible game.

Probably Albion Rovers when they came to Toni Macs and won 2-1. Brilliant counter-attacking football. They were also good to watch unlike QP who despite playing in a similar way and getting the same result were incredibly dull.

Airdrie, Airdire, Airdrie or Airdrie. Or Stranraer on day 1. Or Peterhead last week. Or either of the away games to Brechin they were pretty poor.. Take your pick.

Only one player that sticks out and that is Jonathan Page when East Fife came to Livi and won 1-0. The last time we were beaten. I don't think any EF fans would disagree that we would have comfortably won that game by 3 or 4 goals had Page not been playing. He was solid, won every tackle, every header and made about 3 clearances off the line and in the box. With respect to EF, I would be surprised if he is not playing with a championship team next season or a title-chasing L1 side.

Boateng for Airdrie at the start of the season. Danny Mullen must have given him nightmares! Russell has also been useless on the 5 occasions we played Airdrie and he usually loves a goal v Livi!

21 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Yes that's the same James Sharpe.

532 formation;

Fairley; Ogilvie, Boateng, Conway, Sharpe, Malone; Gardner, Faria, Sumsky; Morgan and Coult.  Subs from: Spillstinksy, Lilley, A. McKenna, Ingram and McGrillen. Manager M.Wilson. My new all time worst XI and subs.

You've made my nightmare worse. Can't bear to think of any others but I still think Bill Munro and maybe Jacky Stewart were worse managers in that MW has not yet had two seasons to show if he is on a par?

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I have an old pal who was Jackie Stewart's assistant.   Think they had a lot of boardroom interference in those days.  Seemingly Jackie worked down the road a lot which probably made things worse.

Fair enough point and maybe we have had that this season as well?

Archived