Forfar v Annan x's 3?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interesting one for Chapman. They have nothing to be gained in this match but with a likely two games coming up the next week against the same opponents surely he would look to take an advantage by resting a few players. Forfar, meanwhile will have to go at it full tilt in the hope Arbroath mess up with the knowledge that their play-off opponents are resting / studying their opponents.

4 hours ago, marco44 said:

A good time for Annan to be playing Forfar.
Forfar recent results are poor. Annan on a high after Saturdays result v Montrose.

A chance to get a psychological advantage over Forfar by beating them, before the ensuing play offs against them. 

Not quite sure what to make of his comments. All very cryptic!

My thoughts exactly. At the end of the day no matter who takes the field for Stirling or Annan will be wanting to take something from the game. The guys at Stirling won't want to see the title party on their turf and the guys at Annan no matter who plays will be wanting to stake a claim for a start in the play offs/get the edge over Forfar before the play offs. Plus.... win bonuses and the fact these guys are all competitive people that are willing to give up so much time to play.

Might not have the same competitive edge as ourselves or yourselves but still.

Chapman seems to HATE playing us, after every game this season he's said the officials favour us, so by that reckoning he's surely not wanting to play us in the play offs??? ;)

Then again. f**k knows. We just have to take care of business. Whether it's the 1st or 90th minute. We've got that time to win the league ourselves.

Totally chilled about this game unexpectedly.Think its because I'd been expecting Arbroath to go top for about a month.Hoping for a wee twist at the end now that Arbroath are in the driving seat with the pressure that brings.I think i would rather have blown the title last week than this Sat that would have been dreadful.

Archived