The Champions vs The Buddies

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Sauzee#4 said:

It was bad enough in section 42, so with that in mind you have my sympathy. Get the old announcer back. What was it he was sacked for again?

Playing something against the hearts or **** I think? May have been liquidator.

23 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The saints fans going mental when news of the Ayr equaliser came through.

Moments like that are what football is all about .

Was howling when they started celebrating Ayr getting a penalty... Then they missed it :lol: fair play to them. Probably the best support that's been to ER this season.

The saints fans going mental when news of the Ayr equaliser came through.
Moments like that are what football is all about .

I was in the south stand, right at the barrier separating the fans and they created some racket. It would have been a tragedy if a support as good as that never got to celebrate at least one goal, and I said as much to the Saint Mirren fan that I swapped scarfs with at full time.

Thoroughly enjoyable day in the capital. What a cracking stadium ER is when full. Saints were timid but once we went behind we got the bit between our teeth. I was in row A so was right behind the Loy goal, scenes that make football the game we all love. Note to HFC, seat 97 row A was broken an needs replaced, my arse is sore was like sitting on a razor blade !

Heading back now. Tremendous days. Hibs fans were particularly sporting and the meltdown from Morton fans on this thread is pleasing.

We are winning the title next year. Guaranteed. f**k the ton 

1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:

You're a right strange one shouldn't you be away creaming yourself about your playoff spot? But no it's one saints thread after another. Are you just generally hated by Morton fans also.

Why are you so upset?

Just back from a great day out. Well done Hibees - worthy champions. It was great to be in a decent stadium with loads of fans, great atmosphere and good facilities instead of shitholes like Crappielow with two men and a dug and sitting on a dod of wood in the rain.

Great support for both teams and respect for the Hibs fans applauding our efforts at the end. Today is what football should be about. Best of luck next season and we will see you again the following season when we get promoted.

21 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Just back from a great day out. Well done Hibees - worthy champions. It was great to be in a decent stadium with loads of fans, great atmosphere and good facilities instead of shitholes like Crappielow with two men and a dug and sitting on a dod of wood in the rain.

Great support for both teams and respect for the Hibs fans applauding our efforts at the end. Today is what football should be about. Best of luck next season and we will see you again the following season when we get promoted.

Much rather a proper club like the Saints get promoted than shite like Morton or Falkirk, best of luck.

Just in and plenty of greenies dished out for Hibernian and St Mirren brethren alike. :wub:

Pros

- Took us three seasons but finally saw a good non-Hearts/**** away crowd at Easter Road today 

- Taps aff weather

- St Mirren survived and Rudi Skacel might drag Raith down to the third tier

- Finally out of this awful league and back where we belong

- Big attendance helping to fill the #coffers for next season

- virginton and GammaSomething resorting to tears and snotters because their hopes and dreams of St Mirren going down are in pieces

- Hibees and Buddies can kick back with a beer and watch Morton make a c**t of the play-offs

Cons

- Might be the last time we see some of the Scottish Cup winning legends in a Hibs shirt

- St Mirren singing Allez Allez Allez Au when we have a copyright on it, luckily I'm in a good mood so won't file a lawsuit

- The announcer giving it one last attempt before the season was out to drive me to suicide

Once the markets are open I'll be placing a bet on St Mirren to win the league next year, as I really think Jack Ross has a great eye for signings. Failing that, another 4 Paisley pumpings of their inferior rivals will suffice.

ETA - One more pro, just logged into my betting account and realised I won £130 from a quid today. What a time to be alive. :lol:590e661be0bca_ScreenShot2017-05-07at01_10_17.thumb.png.631957454628e271f39a2ad666646d78.png

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Don't know if you guys can see this - Buddies having a wee sing song tonight in the Bankhouse in Paisley ... (it will bring a tear to an eye of all Hibees :) )

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/42890-hibernian-v-st-mirren-championship-6517/&do=findComment&comment=1450553

Superb!

One of my favourite ever songs, and Hibs are incredibly lucky to have it associated with their team.

All in all, a fantastic day.

Glad Raith won, and that we did not reach safety on the last day by the deeds - or lack thereof - of others.

The last 3 months have been really special.

In a way, feel like we shouldn't be celebrating not being relegated to the third tier, but, ach, who cares.

The Great Escape was both an Escape, and Great.

So we'll enjoy our day, and dream of celebrating again this time next year - but at the right end of the table!

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

The last 3 months have been really special.

The last three months have indeed been special.

Had we lost to Ayr end of February we'd have went 11 poins behind them  with 11 games to go.

We put in what was the first of  many tremendous performances between then and now.

Archived