Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

4 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

A confident team like Brechin who have lost one fewer league match than we have this season.

I've no idea who has it in that league but it's momentum I tend to look at, Raith have zilch, we have zilch but might find loads if we did manage to do the impossible on Saturday.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:

Refreshing honesty from Hughes. You never get that kind of interview on AUTV .

And they are have some of the most abusive supporters with regards to verbal Abuse towards  there own players

Good riddens if they go 

Ayr race to an unexpected 2-0 lead after 10 minutes. Raith pull together and hold it till half time. Ayr come out the traps again and get another 2, one from the penalty spot to go 4-0 up. Raith down to 10 men with a red card from the penalty incident. 35 minutes to go. Raith park the bus until the 92nd minute and give away another penalty, which is scored, with another player sent off. Ayr up 5-0 in the 93rd minute. Raith kick off with 1 minute left on the clock and immediately break up the park, and score a consolation goal that sends Ayr United to the 1st division.

I'd better practice my booing if the game is going to be this bad.

Reminds me greatly of our home tie vs QOS after Pars had beaten us in the big derby.

All sorts of permutations, but an early Pars goal killed it.  Probably same here.

Two awful teams - although if someone had told me at Somerset Park back in August this is where we would be I'd certainly not believe it. 

Reminds me greatly of our home tie vs QOS after Pars had beaten us in the big derby.
All sorts of permutations, but an early Pars goal killed it.  Probably same here.
Two awful teams - although if someone had told me at Somerset Park back in August this is where we would be I'd certainly not believe it. 

That was a really bad way to end the season with three straight defeats. We really fucked that run in from a good position.

I was at that QoS game hoping against hope and we looked like we had already downed tools. Hopefully we are slightly more up for this game.

10 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Genuinely thinking of going along to this as can't get to Dumfries due to commitments until early afternoon. Which end should I go to, home to root for Fife derby or away to see our rivals thrown to the seaside? Tough one.

Well you will get the Ayr end pretty much to yourself

13 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Genuinely thinking of going along to this as can't get to Dumfries due to commitments until early afternoon. Which end should I go to, home to root for Fife derby or away to see our rivals thrown to the seaside? Tough one.

Away end ya townie b*****d! :P

2 hours ago, Tam_O_Shanter said:

That's because McCall is in one of the cars receiving smoke up his arse Tam.

Well you will get the Ayr end pretty much to yourself

Show some baws min. If my team were in that predicament I'd be there, no matter how slim the odds. Rovers have leaked lots of goals recently so even though it a big margin, it's still doable. Then you're in a better position than you slogged it out for last season by getting the fourth team in div1, in the playoff. Strange results are always around when things need to happen. I remember my team cuffing Dundee a couple of times in end of season games.

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Show some baws min. If my team were in that predicament I'd be there, no matter how slim the odds. Rovers have leaked lots of goals recently so even though it a big margin, it's still doable. Then you're in a better position than you slogged it out for last season by getting the fourth team in div1, in the playoff. Strange results are always around when things need to happen. I remember my team cuffing Dundee a couple of times in end of season games.

We literally only scored one against a striker in nets.  Not only will we not score 5, we will lose the game by a couple goals.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

We literally only scored one against a striker in nets.  Not only will we not score 5, we will lose the game by a couple goals.  

I mean ive no cancelled my days off work for the playoffs yet, im no an idiot. 

20 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I mean ive no cancelled my days off work for the playoffs yet, im no an idiot. 

Not sure if this was a dig at me or not but nor have I. I was waiting to see the result of Hibs game before deciding :lol:

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not sure if this was a dig at me or not but nor have I. I was waiting to see the result of Hibs game before deciding :lol:

Its not.  Ive had them booked up since January. Will cancel them next Monday :(

It was certainly heartfelt and honest. Whether or not it will work is another thing.

Aye might just scrape a few goals next week - but we'll concede too.

2-4 ayr - end to end cracker.

Archived