Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Do you mean sixth choice goalie?

I love Raith this season.  You give us all hope

Less than 3000 fans for a do-or-die last game decider, with £5 entry?
Aye, everyone is very impressed.

3086 or the likes according to the boy on the mic.

Seems a poor show if the Ayr players didn't all go over and thank the fans at the end. Relegated or not the guys have backed them all season and put their hand in their pockets, a wee clap in their direction isn't much to expect at the end of a season. Best of luck to Ayr next season (hopefully we won't be playing you) and hope the two injured lads are ok.

Aye players did go across to their fans at the end.

42 minutes ago, Starks Park Kdy said:

Eh no, nothing in the laws of the game about unnatural positioning of the arms/hands, only has to be deemed deliberate.

But if his arms are in an 'unnatural position' then there is only one reason for that, which is that he is deliberately making it more likely for the ball to hit his arms/hands.

Why else would they be in an unnatural position, if not to make the ball hit them?

1 minute ago, L. Brilliant said:

Sort-of good today. Winning makes a huge difference for the belief going into Wednesday, and we were certainly worthy of it.  Great effort with 10.

Concerned for Fleming,any news?

Released from hospital with a sore head and burst lip.

1 minute ago, L. Brilliant said:

I was actually reasonably impressed with us today, at least by our own, low, low standards this season.

I'd presumed the team had probably run out of ways to provide shock and aw-naw, but getting our goalie sent off after a minute or so was something else. What a Goddamn season.

Thought they responded well though, helped out by the fact Ayr looked complete junk.

Jonny Court was great when he come on at Easter Road, I especially liked when he bodied Marvin Bartley, and he continued in that vein today.

He's a needly, pacy, physical nuisance and I really like him. He's either come on leaps and bounds recently, or Montrose were mad not to play him when he was on-loan there earlier in the season.

Admittedly he faded in the second half, along with everyone else, but you can't complain about a 2-1 win when you've been down to 10 men for virtually the entire game.

The penalty looked a bit harsh to me, and I've no idea what the unnatural hand position thing is meant to mean. They were on the end of his wrists, exactly where they're supposed to be, and the ball was blootered at him from a couple of yards away. Didn't look intentional, although admittedly I'd need to see it again.

Glad the referee gave it though, as Brennan saving it was great patter.

Now for these pesky playoffs.

But if his arms are in an 'unnatural position' then there is only one reason for that, which is that he is deliberately making it more likely for the ball to hit his arms/hands.
Why else would they be in an unnatural position, if not to make the ball hit them?

No not really, I can only describe his body position as a running motion, the ball was blasted from two yards away, he's not moved his hand towards the ball and not made his body bigger by putting his arm out.

Did people seriously applaud us off the park? What an embarrassment.

How was it an embarrassment, I think both sets of fans were applauding each other. You have it your best shot with limited funds, or so I'm led to believe. Getting Harkins was a good bit of business, maybe not as agile as he once was, but still made his presence felt

It's was over 3000. And shut the f**k up your getting boring. ?

3086 or the likes according to the boy on the mic.

Attendance announced at the game as 3,064.

Numbers not your thing no?

If Ayr brought any more than 64 fans then the OP was correct in saying you didn't bring more than 3000, it appears numbers are his thing.

How was it an embarrassment, I think both sets of fans were applauding each other. You have it your best shot with limited funds, or so I'm led to believe. Getting Harkins was a good bit of business, maybe not as agile as he once was, but still made his presence felt

Thanks for your input but that is utter shite.

The fact you said Harkins has made his presence felt sums it up. He's a overweight waster and a wage thief.

No not really, I can only describe his body position as a running motion, the ball was blasted from two yards away, he's not moved his hand towards the ball and not made his body bigger by putting his arm out.

Exactly,it happened right in front of me and looked innocuous, he had no time think that fast to impede the ball. The ref though, blowing so fast too. From my POV it looked like he was out to get us. But that was just me.

but still made his presence felt

That would be one of the first times this season then. He's been one of the main reasons we've been relegated. Big wage, and next to nothing in return. Our wee run of wins a couple of months ago came when he was dropped for the first time. I was chuffed at the time but it's been an utterly dreadful piece of business the way it's worked out.

Archived