Rovers v Ayr - worst sides in the league

It somehow seems fitting that the two worst teams in the league go head to head on the last day of the season.

How's your season been Ayr? highlights? Lowlights?

Anyone coming through for this in the hope of a 5-0 win, or just cause it's the last game of the season?

Personally, no matter the result, I'm treating it as a chance for a day on this piss.

I have a certain affinity with Ayr. They are like us. Seaside team, not very good, but have better prospects than your Brechin and Forfars, if they could ever get their act together.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both teams still have a lot to play for IMO, Raith the obvious avoid the play-off spot but for the Ayr players they're playing for pride and potentially their footballing future next season.  Obviously as a St Mirren fan I'm hoping Ayr get something to take the pressure off us at Hibs but I think this game could surprise a few. 

I've nothing against either side, but I'm a bit disappointed it's not more delicately poised as a head to head.

It's not without meaning, but it's lost some of the direct mutual tension it looked likely to have because Ayr are already effectively gone.

6 minutes ago, Bazil85 said:

Both teams still have a lot to play for IMO, Raith the obvious avoid the play-off spot but for the Ayr players they're playing for pride and potentially their footballing future next season.  Obviously as a St Mirren fan I'm hoping Ayr get something to take the pressure off us at Hibs but I think this game could surprise a few. 

Not more than 3 that have much of that. I'd concentrate on getting yourselves safe if I were you.

Eugh. Do we have to play this game?

That's generally how it works. If nothing else it's an opportunity for middle aged tragics like me to have a day sesh. Last one before the Scotland game in June!

Ayr players and pride in the same sentence [emoji38]

This could be quite the spectacle. Both sides were matching each other blow for blow in the humiliation stakes today until we pulled away with that concession of the late 5th.

Back-to-back 5-0 defeats for the Rovers and this becomes the greatest thread in P&B history.

Like Monkey Tennis, I'm also disappointed the stakes aren't a little higher for both sides heading into this one. Was fancying heading along if it was a straight shoot-out for relegation but Ayr are gone already. I actually strongly fancy Rovers to win, meaning Saints will have to spoil the Hibs title party if they're to avoid the play-offs.

As an aside, I think Brechin will lose at Stenny and miss out on the play-offs altogether. I think Rovers or Saints will be headed to Bayiew instead.

After seeing the John Hughes interview I've changed my mind. 6-0 victory for us, Raith players will chuck it after that! Staying up etc etc.

Let's play a front five and see what happens. Harkins in behind Moore and Farid with Forrest and McGuffie either side. Docherty and Adams holding, with Adams smashing everything in his path to vent his frustration.

Ayr to go four up and our fans to start singing 'we are staying up'.

Ayr to not score another.

Raith fans to bring it up for at least ten years.

Dunfermline fans to mention 'better players ' for another couple of years after that.

I'm not really bothered though*

*Am I? I don't even know anymore.

3 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Full time will bring three inescapable things.

Ayr will be relegated, Rovers will be in the playoffs, and John Hughes will blame Ryan Hardie, even if he hasn't played any part in it.

Three thi....Four things, he will get off his arse in the technical area and give a f**k.

Image result for Michael Palin the life of brian

Full time will bring three inescapable things.

Ayr will be relegated, Rovers will be in the playoffs, and John Hughes will blame Ryan Hardie, even if he hasn't played any part in it.

Society is to blame. I thought we'd established that.

Archived