Dumbarton v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses
whats the story with Watson?

Houston interview last night said Watson has not had the all clear from doctors yet although his fitness is good

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy Raith to give Ayr a doing....Ayr's players have already given up.....so we might see a hamilton vs morton from 3 years ago scenario.Think Raith are capable of winning by 5 or 6 so we need to be competitive and fight for the point at least.As news from other games filter through on the day that may well influence the game.What i dont want is that we go into the game thinking its all done and dusted.I have watched Sons for too long to know that we cannot take anything for granted.

Should also add that what our club have done over the past 5 seasons has been amazing.Arguably the most over performing team in Scotland given our budget and the often celubrious opposition in our league.Aitken has done s great job taking over from where Ian Murray left of.Makes you wonder what might have happened had we had a go from day one instead of all the negative football we played in the first 15 games or so.

I think the result will almost be irrelevant as DU won't win at Cappilow

Anyway that aside and all injuries (that seem to be mounting up) heal the team has to be a positive one.

Thomson

Muirhead Luca Grant Leahy
Craigen McKee Taiwo Sibbald
Austin McHugh

I heard both Taiwo and Grant were limping after the game yesterday. I can almost see McCracken getting a game Saturday if the injuries don't clear up.

With hippo and Watson out thus is exactly the starting 11 I'd go for. The only remotely possible argument there is Miller for McHugh but prefer McHugh energy first 60 to 70 then Miller

Should also add that what our club have done over the past 5 seasons has been amazing.Arguably the most over performing team in Scotland given our budget and the often celubrious opposition in our league.Aitken has done s great job taking over from where Ian Murray left of.Makes you wonder what might have happened had we had a go from day one instead of all the negative football we played in the first 15 games or so.

Maybe some people would say it was over performing as they are a part time team in a mostly full time league. I wouldn't see it as that though, I'd see it as having a good manager who knows how to get the best out of players. Over performing would be a useless team with a useless manager sneaking out lucky results and grinding teams down, there's nothing lucky about the way Dumbarton play, they are now a well established championship side.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

I fancy Raith to give Ayr a doing....Ayr's players have already given up.....so we might see a hamilton vs morton from 3 years ago scenario.Think Raith are capable of winning by 5 or 6 so we need to be competitive and fight for the point at least.As news from other games filter through on the day that may well influence the game.What i dont want is that we go into the game thinking its all done and dusted.I have watched Sons for too long to know that we cannot take anything for granted.

I take it you havent seen John Hughes interview after the St Mirren game ?

Lost the dressing room caption was made for that interview

9 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Might have missed something, but what's happening with Danny Rogers at Falkirk? Has he been out the team for a while or did he get injured to end up out the team?

Got injured for a couple of games and Robbie Thomson came in and hasn't done anything that deserves being dropped. Slightly unfortunate the way its happened but would have been unfair on Thomson if he'd been benched for nothing.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think the result will almost be irrelevant as DU won't win at Cappilow

This.

Utd's record away to teams in the top half is pretty poor (W1 D3 L3) and their only win was the game where Dunfermline missed 3 pens. Morton may rest some players, but you surely don't want to be going into the play-offs on the back of a poor result and performance, especially if it's against the team you could be facing. I fancy a draw in both games.

1 hour ago, squeezeboxson said:

Might have missed something, but what's happening with Danny Rogers at Falkirk? Has he been out the team for a while or did he get injured to end up out the team?

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Got injured for a couple of games and Robbie Thomson came in and hasn't done anything that deserves being dropped. Slightly unfortunate the way its happened but would have been unfair on Thomson if he'd been benched for nothing.

Thomson is also signed up for next season, whereas Rogers will likely be back at Aberdeen. Makes sense to blood him as our number one now.

You were wanting Aitken sacked not so long ago [emoji53]

2 hours ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

You were wanting Aitken sacked not so long ago emoji53.png

Yes that is true like many others on here.I stand corrected..but you also have to say that he changed the way or style of playing which brought about a turnaround.Perhaps the strong criticism from many areas was the catalyst for the change?

Yes that is true like many others on here.I stand corrected..but you also have to say that he changed the way or style of playing which brought about a turnaround.Perhaps the strong criticism from many areas was the catalyst for the change?

Maybe during the January window the turnaround of new players recruited and players let go contributed to a more attacking team for which the manager deserves credit [emoji3]

I'm gutted that I'm missing this but my boys team is going to Manchester to train with city then watch City v Crystal Palace. I'm expecting the Sons players to turn up and play for the fans one more time before the team splits up. However I will be hoping our relationship with Hibernian will stand the test of time and they pump St Mirren and we won't need to worry.

6 hours ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

Maybe during the January window the turnaround of new players recruited and players let go contributed to a more attacking team for which the manager deserves credit emoji3.png

LOL...well actually the turnaround came after the Scottish Cup debacle in November/December.

Archived