Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses

Yes, we lost but overall it was mission accomplished for us. What has been evident the past week though, is huge amount of whinging. Good luck in the play offs.

I have plenty admiration for the job your manager has done.

Let's however not get too "part time" on us though. How many loan players do you have from FT clubs? They will all be training FT. Half the team probably?

Guest Back Post Misses
Watching that I'm glad I couldn't get a voucher. Was at Camelon v Boness during the week and the pitch was far better than that.

It looked like it had never been watered since the last rain shower about two weeks ago.

Let's however not get too "part time" on us though. How many loan players do you have from FT clubs? They will all be training FT. Half the team probably?

Harvie, Stanton and Vaughan from yesterday.

The big thing isn't fitness. It's time to work on shape, and tactics. They can't work on that at their parent clubs.

Guest Back Post Misses

Harvie, Stanton and Vaughan from yesterday.

The big thing isn't fitness. It's time to work on shape, and tactics. They can't work on that at their parent clubs.

I thought Thomson was on loan too?

As I said it is an excellent achievement by the manager. If your keeper could lose a bit of timber he would not be with you either.

Aitken has another massive rebuild again though.

As I said it is an excellent achievement by the manager. If your keeper could lose a bit of timber he would not be with you either.

Robert Thomson?

Nope, we had Joe Thomson on loan earlier in the season, but he's now at Queen of the South.

Aldo's just massive, like Schmeichel's build these days. He's far too good for us, and is better than quite a few Premiership 'keepers too. He was keen to stay in November though, so if Aitken sticks around then I'm hopeful he might too.

It will be a massive rebuild in the summer, as it always is, however with Aitken out of contract we don't even know for sure that he's the man who will be doing it.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Thomson has signed a PCA with Morton.

Ironically, I may be wrong but feel like Allan Martin might have put in a bit of weight over the season, although not much. Others may disagree. He is a top 'keeper though.

True about Aitken's rebuild, but only if he chooses to stay. Important week or two ahead of us now.

Nope...Thomson is signed with us

Difficult conditions yesterday...swirling wind and hard pitch made playing football on the ground difficult..and it showed...pretty dire game

We clearly set out to make sure we didn't get pumped...sensible option...although unlikely...it wasn't impossible Raith could score a load against Ayr - similar tactic to taking ball into corner for final few minutes

Disappointed I have to say with Falkirk...you will need to play much better than that to get through the playoffs...but good luck to you

Guest Back Post Misses

Nope...Thomson is signed with us

Difficult conditions yesterday...swirling wind and hard pitch made playing football on the ground difficult..and it showed...pretty dire game

We clearly set out to make sure we didn't get pumped...sensible option...although unlikely...it wasn't impossible Raith could score a load against Ayr - similar tactic to taking ball into corner for final few minutes

Disappointed I have to say with Falkirk...you will need to play much better than that to get through the playoffs...but good luck to you

It was impossible to play any football in those conditions. Add to that the way you set up meant one goal was all that was going to be required.

No idea why you set up that way TBH. You were safe

Harvie (corrected to Barbie by android!), Stanton and Vaughan are the only loanees that can be considered as regulars and all have contributed greatly to us staying up. They only train with the squad twice a week the same as the contracted players, so any benefit from f/t training outside of that is marginalised.

I take it as a backhanded compliment that you are trying to play down our part time status, we are punching above our weight despite the minimal resources. Using the loan system effectively is a must for p/t clubs, credit due to any manager who does that well.

Guest Back Post Misses

Harvie (corrected to Barbie by android!), Stanton and Vaughan are the only loanees that can be considered as regulars and all have contributed greatly to us staying up. They only train with the squad twice a week the same as the contracted players, so any benefit from f/t training outside of that is marginalised.

I take it as a backhanded compliment that you are trying to play down our part time status, we are punching above our weight despite the minimal resources. Using the loan system effectively is a must for p/t clubs, credit due to any manager who does that well.

Didn't know the manager could be off?

4 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Unfortunately for us, that's how we have played for the majority of the season.  

Didn't know the manager could be off?

It's possible he could be putting feelers out for other potential jobs but suspect that it would only be f/t posts. He is in discussions with the club over a new deal but nothing is signed. That's another thing to add to the list, we usually have to re-build the team each season as we lose a fair amount of our better players.

One area where the part time status does bring a benefit is any players who are already or looking to go part time and take a job outside of football, we are an attractive option.

15 hours ago, hope street said:

Yip. Came in late. Spent time with his finger pointed in the face of a young steward who obviously arranged the whole ticket set up. emoji848.png

Then got a seat and missed more of the match complaining to anyone around him

Twat

He's a fvcking cvnt. If the Torries introduce the Purge I'm gonna suffocate that p***k with a Bairns scarf.

Agree with most in that conditions were windy and pitch very dry. 

Austin deserved goal as was best player on park .

overall never felt we were in any danger and that showed in particular when falkirk fans celebrated Morton goal but we never bothered when hibs scored. Clearly more important for falkirk to be second .

I hope falkirk represent division in play off final and good luck in that. 

Archived