Dumbarton v Falkirk

6 minutes ago, spratte said:

They took half the main stand extra which is 2000 seats we pretty much sold out home seats and probably could have shifted more if we hadn't given them away but even if we couldn't that would only be 37k to effectively lose the home advantage.

Sevco only get 1400 tickets for the Main Stand. This earns us around an extra £20k each time they visit, which helps to offset the massive police costs. It's really not a lot of money though, I'd rather we gave them the North Stand only 

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

That's the one.

It's err, well, it's still at the em, planning stages......

I honestly see another 1-stand job, on a well-known floodplain with a training pitch.

Interesting reading up on it. Cost seems to be outlined at around £13.5m with the Chairman stating additional commercial revenue worth £0.5m per annum. It sounded like the club already own the land with other development plans if the stadium doesn't go ahead. Do DFC own the land the current stadium sits on as well? 

When we travel to other grounds we get put into every wee corner the home team can find, which is fine by me, they aren't meant to be pandering to us. Why are we expected to pander to you? 

Nail. On. Head.

Absolutely spot on. It's the way it is for away fans, and fair enough. They're not prioritised, and they certainly shouldn't be at the expense of or inconvenience of home ST holders.

Do DFC own the land the current stadium sits on as well? 

That would be our illustrious and glorious leaders.

While it's only in the planning stage I'm only slightly rattled by it, but it's been a saga for quite some time now and it's getting to be a bit of a monkey on our backs.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I really hope your club stays out of any future financial challenges.

Aye we're bound for administration now that we've, eh, sold more tickets for a game than we normally do.

6 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I wish I had your confidence on that.

Oh they'll build something, it just won't look remotely like that.

18 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You reckon he'll get a new contract in the summer? He's a player I've loved for years and, with him getting on a bit now, I'm starting to wonder if we might be in with a chance of snapping him up if he leaves you lot.

I think its in the balance just now. Especially if we get promoted cuz if we do he'll be away I think. Dumbarton would be a good club for Bairdy I reckon - he'd keep you up next season for sure.

40 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Should I just delete this thread and start again?  My eyes are bleeding.

No, not at all. 

This thread has it all, from ticketing arrangement outrage to green pepper/salad choices in Waitrose & proposed Stadium relocation plans.

8)

3 minutes ago, BendtnerBairn said:

I think its in the balance just now. Especially if we get promoted cuz if we do he'll be away I think. Dumbarton would be a good club for Bairdy I reckon - he'd keep you up next season for sure.

In that case COYB, WATS

That's what I was hoping too, for a club with Premiership ambitions he's probably reaching the end of the line, but he'd be absolutely perfect for us.

I don't think I'm part of the moaning brigade your post is aimed at (mainly because I got my voucher [emoji6]) but I would disagree with you on a couple of points 
Firstly, these aren't exactly glory hunters or fair-weather fans that have missed out on tickets. We do take around 6-700 to our away games in this division (more like 400 at QotS), and more than that to Dunfermline and Hibs. I appreciate we've never sold out at Dumbarton before but it's a fixture I usually attend and we do come fairly close whenever we aren't on alba/playing shite. We did have 800 up at Tannadice and 1500 at EEP for our last couple of matches on the road 
Secondly, having seen us in the play-offs a couple of times I'd argue it's absolutely crucial for our promotion ambitions to finish 2nd. Avoiding an extra round of play-off matches really could make all the difference 
What Dumbarton have done is sensible (and as someone mentioned no doubt influenced by the police) to ensure both sets of supporters enjoy the match 

I appreciate you may not be moaning. However, if you do take 600-700 away fans to every away game there is ample room for all of them to get a ticket if they want. As I said the problem here is the glory hunters that have came out for the game. Never before has the visit of Falkirk been an issue for us and as you say never before have you sold out the away end. So I don't really see what We as a club have done wrong or what we are supposed to do?
Ok maybe an extra round of play off matches would be an inconvenience and a hindrance however your still there and these 'glory hunters' still have another opportunity to see your team in action!
Glad you can see what our club has done is sensible, maybe if some of the other seething clowns that follow your club could appreciate this!

8 hours ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Nail. On. Head.

Absolutely spot on. It's the way it is for away fans, and fair enough. They're not prioritised, and they certainly shouldn't be at the expense of or inconvenience of home ST holders. 

yup agree with this. The bleating from some Bairns fans on here is frankly a bit rich - just look back at the (perfectly reasonable) outcry when our folks are asked to move from their ST seat to accommodate the Govan pestilence. Clubs have got to look after their own first, and, in fact - more often than not - better than they currently do. 

17 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Baird up front on his own?

Ew 

Horrible eh ?

seems some of our fans have been saving up their crowd w**k bank for the final league fixture for one big blowout. I particulary like the phrase 'I have a voucher but...' If you have a voucher stop complaining. Please. It's turned this thread into an omnishambles. I miss the slagging of rocks, wheels and horses. 

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

yup agree with this. The bleating from some Bairns fans on here is frankly a bit rich - just look back at the (perfectly reasonable) outcry when our folks are asked to move from their ST seat to accommodate the Govan pestilence. Clubs have got to look after their own first, and, in fact - more often than not - better than they currently do. 

I've got to agree as well. I moved from the main stand to the SS just after it was built and where we used to sit is the area they give to the OF, I'd have been ragin moving for them. Aye, ok we get more money, what did they do with all this extra cash?

We have our vouchers and we've been to every game against Dumbarton bar one I think since they came up, we're lucky if we take 350-400 usually so our fans really need to get their panties out of a bunch IMO. 

The voucher scheme was an okay way of sorting it out. People moaning about the amount of vouchers don't have much of an argument. 720 is fine. Dumbarton are the home team so they're always going to have a bigger allocation. It's the same people that are moaning when we gave hearts/hibs/**** a big chunk of the main stand.

Buzzing for this. Hoping for a great game. Austin to score anytime will be ma punt this weekend xo

2 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Likely see Smith back at RB tomorrow if the match preview is anything to go by. Fine by me. He's had a decent season all in and deserves a run out for the final game. 

Sibbald on the left and absolutely humiliate him please.

Ah, I'd overlooked the weird rage that Alves draws from Falkirk fans. Almost on a par with ticketing arrangements.
Get him in from the start.

No rage, he was just honking for us. Never thought to play him RB though

Archived