Dumbarton v Falkirk

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucked it

With hippo suspended even Houston wouldn't go with taiwo Kerr and another in the middle surely ? f**k what am I saying, of course he would. New line up.

Thomson 

kidd        Muirhead McCracken      Leahy

aird.      Taiwo Kerr craigen.   Sibbald

Baird

lovely.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
F**k me, I thought we had covered every angle of this. Anyone who doesn't have a voucher dry your eyes!
I for one don't see the big deal, Falkirk win, they finish 2nd. They lose, they can still finish 2nd dependant on results! Still another 2 games minimum to see your heroes play guys! You'd think it was Falkirk last ever game before going bust the way some of the fans are going on!

You know what disappoints me about this response is that it's supporters of really small clubs who turn up no matter what to support their team, who I admire greatly, but somehow they don't seem to get it when another smallish teams' supporters cannot get entry to a game of real significance to them.

Seriously, if Dumbarton were in with a realistic chance of getting to the playoffs with one game to go and you could not get tickets despite there being spare capacity would you not be a bit p****d off?

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

It was 720 I heard with 30 kept for the players/club. Which is the usual 750 that's banded about as the normal away allocation.

Aye, the numbers may have worked that way but the guy I spoke to explicitly said that the 30 were being given to the stewards so that they knew what they looked like. 

You know what disappoints me about this response is that it's supporters of really small clubs who turn up no matter what to support their team, who I admire greatly, but somehow they don't seem to get it when another smallish teams' supporters cannot get entry to a game of real significance to them.

Seriously, if Dumbarton were in with a realistic chance of getting to the playoffs with one game to go and you could not get tickets despite there being spare capacity would you not be a bit p****d off?

But you can.

Come to Dumbarton early and get one. It's that simple.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

But you can.

Come to Dumbarton early and get one. It's that simple.

Yes, but then he wouldn't have something to complain about. 

34 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Personally I'd be pissed off if I was a regular of the home team who paid my money for every game I could attend but who found himself missing out on the last game of the season to accommodate visiting fans.

Ideally I'd have told Falkirk to distribute vouchers to fill every seat in the away side of the ground but withheld the home side until close of business on Friday. On close of business, Dumbarton could then inform Falkirk of the number of unused vouchers available in the home end and allowed the Bairns to have a final allocation of vouchers on Saturday morning.

That way there's far less risk of home PAYG fans missing out and still the chance for empty seats in the home end to be taken up by Falkirk fans.

20 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Agree that the Sons fans are by and large a decent group.
The real roasters are the plankton that post on the Morten pages and the rabid, slavering mess coming from the Fifers recently was quite hilarious.

What's your average home support this season not including away supporters? 

Must be a logical way of doing this.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What's your average home support this season not including away supporters? 

Must be a logical way of doing this.

I think I know where you're going here but as I've stated before we have season ticket holders spread across each section of the home end, if we are to give a section to Falkirk it involves telling them to move. I'm sure you'll agree that's not something you would appreciate if it were your seat.

I reckon our home support is round about 700 in any case, maybe a bit lower but I'm judging that largely by eye to be honest.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think I know where you're going here but as I've stated before we have season ticket holders spread across each section of the home end, if we are to give a section to Falkirk it involves telling them to move. I'm sure you'll agree that's not something you would appreciate if it were your seat.

I reckon our home support is round about 700 in any case, maybe a bit lower but I'm judging that largely by eye to be honest.

Yes I am not a fan of moving season ticket holders. It's not fair.

I was thinking 2000 - 700 = 1300 for us but you've explained why it's not as easy as that.

Cheers.

Its also probably not quite 2000.

I'm not sure how the stand is split but I'm sure that the 2000 capacity includes the central area used for hospitality.

I thought it was roughly 900 each side with just over 200 in the middle for hospitality and directors?

Yes, but then he wouldn't have something to complain about. 

Wrong! I advised in an earlier post that I have a voucher so you really don't understand the point.

How many times do we hear about declining attendances in football?

It's not declining attendances its declining standards. This is a game that has potential to be a small showpiece event for Dumbarton and a real revenue earner in the Championship but most of the responses coming back from Sons fans is half hearted.

Musch as I despise the Old Firm I fully understood when my club shifted many of its season ticket holders to accommodate a higher than usual away attendance.

Why can't Dumbarton think the same way?

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Wrong! I advised in an earlier post that I have a voucher so you really don't understand the point.

It's not declining attendances its declining standards. This is a game that has potential to be a small showpiece event for Dumbarton and a real revenue earner in the Championship but most of the responses coming back from Sons fans is half hearted.

Musch as I despise the Old Firm I fully understood when my club shifted many of its season ticket holders to accommodate a higher than usual away attendance.

Because despite the money that it would bring in to us, it's a shite way to treat home fans if they have to move at short notice for the last game of the season to accommodate visiting supporters.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So you'd be angry because someone (not you) would have to travel down to the stadium slightly earlier than usual if they wanted to watch the game? I think I understand that...

:lol: At the highlighted bit, no it doesn't. Falkirk aren't the Harlem Globetrotters.

Our attendances are just fine at the moment, in fact across the board in Scotland they are very decent and on the rise. Sure I'd love to see our home gates rise, but when you consider where we were a few years ago I'm totally fine with us attracting 1200ish.

You might 'understand' however that would be a different story if it was your seat you were being asked to give up. Let's not get carried away here either, Falkirk are not an Old Firm side. If you had won last week then the away attendance for this would be below average.

The way DFC treats its own fans isn't great a lot of the time, but even so asking season ticket holders to move seats at less than a week's notice to accommodate opposition fans is too much for them. We don't have a huge following as it is, so to shaft them for the Navy blue pound would irk more than a few folk. 

41 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Personally I'd be pissed off if I was a regular of the home team who paid my money for every game I could attend but who found himself missing out on the last game of the season to accommodate visiting fans.

Ideally I'd have told Falkirk to distribute vouchers to fill every seat in the away side of the ground but withheld the home side until close of business on Friday. On close of business, Dumbarton could then inform Falkirk of the number of unused vouchers available in the home end and allowed the Bairns to have a final allocation of vouchers on Saturday morning.

That way there's far less risk of home PAYG fans missing out and still the chance for empty seats in the home end to be taken up by Falkirk fans.

But as its completely against segregation rules thats a pie in the sky plan. Much as there would likely be no issues the clubs cant come out and encourage / promote away fans buying home end spots. It will most likely happen to some extent and both clubs and the authorities will know that but they cant be seen to encourage it.

24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes I am not a fan of moving season ticket holders. It's not fair.

I was thinking 2000 - 700 = 1300 for us but you've explained why it's not as easy as that.

Cheers.

As BSF has said...

21 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Its also probably not quite 2000.

I'm not sure how the stand is split but I'm sure that the 2000 capacity includes the central area used for hospitality.

I thought it was roughly 900 each side with just over 200 in the middle for hospitality and directors?

Also, I'm sure there's around 50 seats which aren't used by fans but as segregation between the away fans and the hospitality area (included in the 200 you mention). At least, there used to be but I'm rarely along that end.

Because despite the money that it would bring in to us, it's a shite way to treat home fans if they have to move at short notice for the last game of the season to accommodate visiting supporters.

I do accept your point here but surely supporters in this day and age can understand how important revenue is to smaller clubs finances.

To respond in the same way that Sons fans feel about Falkirk supporters predicament ....it's only moving your seat to another part of the same stand for god,s sake. It not as if they will be missing the game!

Archived