Dumbarton v Falkirk

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

According to my barber Luca is, aye. Him and Aird are both in there pretty frequently and I was speaking about them when I was in on Tuesday #Friendswiththestars

How's he been for you? I liked him a lot when I watched him with the Rangers Reserves a few years back.

Niche business being the barber for Canadians in Scotland. He's been a bit hit or miss, calamitous in a few games but generally does the simple things well and when he sticks to that he's a good player at this level. If he can cut out the mistakes and be a bit more consistent then we could have an excellent player on our hands, only 22 so there's definitely time to improve.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Niche business being the barber for Canadians in Scotland. He's been a bit hit or miss, calamitous in a few games but generally does the simple things well and when he sticks to that he's a good player at this level. If he can cut out the mistakes and be a bit more consistent then we could have an excellent player on our hands, only 22 so there's definitely time to improve.

I think he will get a lot better with age and experience, given time he should stroll this league - especially with a run of games alongside a settled partner.

One of the benefits - or downsides I guess - of living within spitting distance of Murray Park is the sheer quantity of Rangers players rattling about round here :lol: My brother was behind Clint Hill in the queue at Waitrose a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think he will get a lot better with age and experience, given time he should stroll this league - especially with a run of games alongside a settled partner.

One of the benefits - or downsides I guess - of living within spitting distance of Murray Park is the sheer quantity of Rangers players rattling about round here :lol: My brother was behind Clint Hill in the queue at Waitrose a few weeks ago.

I have a similar thing with living near Lennoxtown, load of Celtic players hanging about. Used to work in the local spar and remember Boruc & McCourt coming in all the time for cigarettes and booze.

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I have a similar thing with living near Lennoxtown, load of Celtic players hanging about. Used to work in the local spar and remember Boruc & McCourt coming in all the time for cigarettes and booze.

:lol: I had the opposite experience to that completely

When I was working in Waitrose Scott Booth asked me for Padron Peppers, I then remember him picking them up and properly sprinting for the checkouts :lol: Fair play to him, not lost any pace, and clearly has high class taste when it comes to peppers. 

Also met practically the entire Arbroath squad about a week after I started. Completely starstruck showing Lewis Coult where the ham was.

It's not straightforward.

It would be great to maximise revenue and to have a sell out. We have a high proportion of our regular home crowd as season ticket holders. That said, it's not just about making sure that as many fans as possible get into the game. Consideration should be given to our PAYG fans - should they risk missing out to accommodate visiting Bairns fans?

It's not an ideal solution to have to take a voucher to the game and still pay cash, but it's hopefully a solution that allows home PAYG fans to attend without the risk of missing out to visiting supporters.

We're damned if we go all tickets right from the off because it's extra hassle for fans and damned if we don't because we can't meet the demand for entry to the game.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

He had Austin rolling about holding his face in the Higgins booking....

The worry I have now is when Falkirk fans do travel, we dont deliver, so lets keep it at the 720.......

690, the stewards have got the other 30.

According to my barber Luca is, aye. Him and Aird are both in there pretty frequently and I was speaking about them when I was in on Tuesday #Friendswiththestars
How's he been for you? I liked him a lot when I watched him with the Rangers Reserves a few years back.

I didn't enquire about that to be honest. I was just told, very politely I might add, which was a pleasant surprise, that vouchers would have to be obtained on Friday or Saturday.

To that end I'll be going down tomorrow morning to get mine as a non-ST holder. Does anyone know how many are set aside for that purpose?

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol: I had the opposite experience to that completely

When I was working in Waitrose Scott Booth asked me for Padron Peppers, I then remember him picking them up and properly sprinting for the checkouts :lol: Fair play to him, not lost any pace, and clearly has high class taste when it comes to peppers. 

Also met practically the entire Arbroath squad about a week after I started. Completely starstruck showing Lewis Coult where the ham was.

Excuse my Morrison-esque ignorance So8, but WTF are Padron peppers ?  And how's the hummus situation in Milngavie right now ?

Excuse my Morrison-esque ignorance So8, but WTF are Padron peppers ?  And how's the hummus situation in Milngavie right now ?

Pleb.

They are northern Spanish (Iirc) green peppers, commonly used in Tapas dishes. First aisle, left hand side, first shelf, small plastic box.

Hummus is good last time I checked, unless you are looking for the Moroccan organic type. They were all out of that last night I'm afraid.

Don't think you can blame Dumbarton for this TBF, I've been down there in many standard league games and I could have sat in as many seats as I wanted, like live Alba games etc. Also, it's not Dumbarton's fault that we never took care of QOS last Saturday.
How do you please everyone? Absolutely impossible.
Unfortunately I had to go to work this morning so couldn't meander down to TFS and pick up a voucher. Also I phoned approx 12 times but was engaged 10 times, the other twice, got through only for the phone to ring out unanswered. So after following my team home and away all season and many more I failed to get my voucher but I don't blame Dumbarton. I read about one voucher per ST holder yet I hear people talking about picking up fours and fives?
I'm not happy about it but hey ho... Shit happens but I'll be there on Saturday,
if anyone has a spare voucher (home or away end) pm me pleeeezzzzee [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Come on ye Bairns or Sons, depends where I'm sitting I suppose!!!

I'd imagine that folk picking up "fours & fives" would have had the requisite number of ST's to justify their acquisition.

I agree with your point, but your delivery could have been better. 6/10
can we just move on to discussing the game or is that a crazy notion ? Every point and angle seems to have been covered multiple times from both sides and funnily enough, nothing has or will change.
again, which has been the case nearly all season, I have no idea how Houston will line up for this one. I'm hearing there are a few defencive doubts through injury. So maybe the starting 11 will be forced into his hands with hippo still suspended. 
                 Thomson
kidd    Muirhead  Grant     Leahy
craigen  Taiwo McKee  sibbald
                 Austin  Baird
Not sure on Grant or Taiwos fitness. Feel free to correct me.

Baird. Really?

1 minute ago, BendtnerBairn said:

Bairdy loves it here. He's good with Austin too. Plus, I love Bairdy everywhere.

You reckon he'll get a new contract in the summer? He's a player I've loved for years and, with him getting on a bit now, I'm starting to wonder if we might be in with a chance of snapping him up if he leaves you lot.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You reckon he'll get a new contract in the summer? He's a player I've loved for years and, with him getting on a bit now, I'm starting to wonder if we might be in with a chance of snapping him up if he leaves you lot.

Could you recommend a nice variety of lettuce to put in my Chicken wrap please?

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ruby Gem or Dolce Verde Romaine would be your best bets.

Thanks So8, I'm looking to offset the spicy kick from the Piri-Piri chicken mini fillets in the Wrap.

Anyway, really fancy Sons to bow out on a high, 2-1 win.

2 hours ago, PG.Colossus said:

Baird. Really?

Aye. Miller and mchugh are both better as subs, let's not pretend otherwise. Other options are o'hara or Shepard. Will only be one of them in the squad. And we won't be going 1 up front. 

Archived