Dumbarton v Falkirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got no problem with the arrangement to be honest. I don't live in Falkirk so there was no way I was going to be able to pick up a voucher, but that's no fault of either club. Might try for the home end but not sure if it's worth bothering. 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Do Falkirk fans not speak to each other? Surely if you're not going to the game and have a voucher then you put a post up on any Falkirk page you can find and offer someone who wants to go the voucher? Or are all Falkirk fans massively selfish c***s?

Even if it was ticketed, we could sell a ticket and they decide they don't want to go on the day, what exactly are we supposed to do about that?

if you sell a ticket and someone doesnt go, guess what .....Dumbarton get the £s

Dumbarton will be £s in regarding this in any case, but there will be folk who have vouchers and wont go, so they are not maximising this scenario

Apologies that our support are not robots and deal with each other in the same social circles, that tho is a given.

Sell tickets = £s 

Give vouchers = Hmmmm

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Great PR by the club to get the fans motivated for Saturdays game. In all seriousness anyone who wants a ticket will be able to get one I'd assume. Did Rangers etc get 700 away tickets last season? Not comparing them to us in any way just curious.

Yes. Rangers fans scooped about about a third of home end tickets as well though. 

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

if you sell a ticket and someone doesnt go, guess what .....Dumbarton get the £s

Dumbarton will be £s in regarding this in any case, but there will be folk who have vouchers and wont go, so they are not maximising this scenario

Apologies that our support are not robots and deal with each other in the same social circles, that tho is a given.

Sell tickets = £s 

Give vouchers = Hmmmm

Just to be clear, your complaint here is that Dumbarton are not maximising their profits?

I think we'll be okay, thanks for your concern.

What's the problem here?

There are 720 seats available for visiting fans at Dumbarton's stadium. Rather than a free for all with people being turned away, a system has been put in place to avoid that and the vouchers are gone.

If you got a voucher turn up, pay your money, enjoy the game.

Embarassing posts from some Falkirk fans (no surprise).

Guest Back Post Misses
What's the problem here?
There are 720 seats available for visiting fans at Dumbarton's stadium. Rather than a free for all with people being turned away, a system has been put in place to avoid that and the vouchers are gone.
If you got a voucher turn up, pay your money, enjoy the game.
Embarassing posts from some Falkirk fans (no surprise).

How many seats will be empty in the ground?

500?

Where is the sense in that?

Clubs can't have it both ways. Complain if no one comes and when they get the chance to have a much higher attendance than usual they don't do anything to try and accommodate. I can't get my head around that.

What did Dumbarton do for Rangers?

Was it just timescales that caused this?

It just baffles me when people want to come Clubs don't do their dambest to accommodate them.

At the end of the day it's Dumbarton's call. It's their home game and they can do what they want and have organised it the best they felt they could.

I feel for anyone who has followed Falkirk Home and Away all season who doesn't have a ST that won't get in on Saturday. If there are empty seats I find that very disappointing.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

500?

Clubs can't have it both ways. Complain if no one comes and when they get the chance to have a much higher attendance than usual they don't do anything to try and accommodate. I can't get my head around that.

It just baffles me when people want to come Clubs don't do their dambest to accommodate them.

At the end of the day it's Dumbarton's call. It's their home game and they can do what they want and have organised it the best they felt they could.

I feel for anyone who has followed Falkirk Home and Away all season who doesn't have a ST that won't get in on Saturday. If there are empty seats I find that very disappointing.

Put aside throwing around the blame for a second, and put yourself in DFC's position. 

You get a phone call on Thursday last week to say Falkirk are expecting to bring a big travelling support. What do you do? 

It looks to me that Falkirk (based on the statement) are happy to blame us, without actually suggesting anything better.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Put aside throwing around the blame for a second, and put yourself in DFC's position. 

You get a phone call on Thursday last week to say Falkirk are expecting to bring a big travelling support. What do you do? 

It looks to me that Falkirk (based on the statement) are happy to blame us, without actually suggesting anything better.

Simple you get tickets printed. Falkirk pick them up and sell them and then we give you the cash. Novel concept I know . In last years playoffs we managed to get them  done and sold in 3 days so its not that difficult.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Don't really get the big fuss over this tbh. 

It's no surprise Shadwell Dog is having a heads gone episode to be fair, he lost the plot when we had the audacity to play a few first teamers in the Stirlingshire Cup. Aaaand just as I'm typing, here comes another one...

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

500?

We can't just blatantly sell home end tickets to Falkirk fans, there are rules in place for that. It's not down to "sense".

Funnily enough, when Rangers were in the league we got the fixture list and got tickets made at the start of the season and then gave fans a number of weeks to collect them. Given that Falkirk generally bring about 300-500 here then there was no reason for us to do this early. Results have transpired that Falkirk still need a win and as such a larger than normal support is expected at a weeks notice, so a compromise is made after it's clear tickets aren't an option. If there are any empty seats in the away end then you've nobody to blame but the arseholes that follow your club.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Simple you get tickets printed. Falkirk pick them up and sell them and then we give you the cash. Novel concept I know .

:lol:

What a fucking fanny.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Simple you get tickets printed. Falkirk pick them up and sell them and then we give you the cash. Novel concept I know . In last years playoffs we managed to get them  done and sold in 3 days so its not that difficult.

What actual difference would that have made though?

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Simple, but potentially impossible. Let's say we put the order in on Friday, the printer company is closed over the weekend, and on the Bank Holiday, so they get printed up on Tuesday and sent out to us on Wednesday. Someone from FFC then has to drive to DFC to pick them up, or we have to courier them to you lot. They go on sale, fine, but 700 people queue up outside TFS on Wednesday afternoon trying to pay with either card or cash. How many ticket sellers have you got? How many card machines? How much cash to give in change? 

It would take far longer than this has.

If you haven’t got an away end voucher, come down to the Rock on Saturday about 1, pick up one for the home end, go to the pub ‘til 2 and then watch the game. It really seems pretty "simple". 

Our club has been dealing with all ticket matches for years now, without one single issue. Clearly this is a timescale thing.

Our club has also never complained that no one comes. Ever.

The absolute meltdown from the Falkirk fans is beyond anything we coula have ever dreamed of when realisticly the current arrangement is the EXACT SAME scenario as you would get with tickets, other than the money being handed over when you arrive.

Keep it coming you blubbering minters.

What actual difference would that have made though?

The rather obvious advantage for Dumbarton would be the guarantee of cash from every ticket sold as opposed to the likelihood of some vouchers not being used on the day.

Simple, but potentially impossible. Let's say we put the order in on Friday, the printer company is closed over the weekend, and on the Bank Holiday, so they get printed up on Tuesday and sent out to us on Wednesday. Someone from FFC then has to drive to DFC to pick them up, or we have to courier them to you lot. They go on sale, fine, but 700 people queue up outside TFS on Wednesday afternoon trying to pay with either card or cash. How many ticket sellers have you got? How many card machines? How much cash to give in change? 
It would take far longer than this has.
If you haven’t got an away end voucher, come down to the Rock on Saturday about 1, pick up one for the home end, go to the pub ‘til 2 and then watch the game. It really seems pretty "simple". 

Ever heard of digital printing?

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The rather obvious advantage for Dumbarton would be the guarantee of cash from every ticket sold as opposed to the likelihood of some vouchers not being used on the day.

That's their problem. That won't happen anyway.

Archived