Stirling v Arbroath

Well....

This is going to be tough going.

Same team for me, Prunty in for Jimmy.

Please do not f**k this up. Expect a big away support through. Great place for a day out and hopefully by 5pm we'll have done the job.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well....

This is going to be tough going.

Same team for me, Prunty in for Jimmy.

Please do not f**k this up. Expect a big away support through. Great place for a day out and hopefully by 5pm we'll have done the job.

A big away support? 148 at us last week, Forfar looked like they had a wee bit more than you today.

A big away support? 148 at us last week, Forfar looked like they had a wee bit more than you today.

Yes, well Forfar could've won the league today brains. We came to you when we were 2nd.

We can now win the league next week, it's in our own hands, of course it'll be a big away support.

Expect Stirling will have to open the other stand, defo be a decent crowd, hopefully the boys get the job done, would keep the same team, 

On the other note,Wonder who will take over as chairman, new face or someone to step up?? 

38 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Expect Stirling will have to open the other stand, defo be a decent crowd, hopefully the boys get the job done, would keep the same team, 

Hope to see a lot of Arbroath supporters next week in the East Stand, in what will be game of the day in the Championship decider.

Just hope the Albion put on a better performance next Saturday at Forthbank than was served up today.

10 minutes ago, smokiesupper said:

148 Arbroath fans last week? looked more than that. All fans went through same turnstiles so where did this figure come from?

Was posted on the match thread by the guy who does the programmes. The security have to count how many go in that stand.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sounds like an extremely accurate way of getting figures that.

Anyway, nobody cares.

Yip, all irrelevant.

its your league to lose now, Stirling nothing to play for. We deservedly beat them recently and Edinburgh city beat them today so surely it's a formality?

1 minute ago, big al said:

Yip, all irrelevant.

its your league to lose now, Stirling nothing to play for. We deservedly beat them recently and Edinburgh city beat them today so surely it's a formality?

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, yes we were poor today so were City but at home, big crowd (I hope) we might just surprise you, then again ?

surely it's a formality?

Ha

It is most definitely not mate.

All to play for, despite what Forfar fans say. Early goal for them and it'll be pressure on us.

It's going to be a terrible afternoon for the nerves.

Guys in that team that have been there and done it, and on the sidelines and in the changing rooms there's not many more people I'd prefer than DC, the coaches, and even guys like Douglas and Prunty. Experienced heads.

If we could get an early goal that would be great.

4 minutes ago, big al said:

Was posted on the match thread by the guy who does the programmes. The security have to count how many go in that stand.

I didn't query the comment on that thread last week as I couldn't be bothered.

The comment was that the Cowdenbeath safety officer told the poster that 'she' had counted 148. Strange that because I was watching the male steward counting the fans and when he finished he spoke to another steward. He said something but with a shrug of his shoulders and a gesture that looked like 'thereabouts'. I spoke to him at halftime and asked how many he counted and he said '152 or 155' again with a shrug of his shoulders. 

That count was completely unscientific as people were moving about, going and coming from the toilet and pie shop, and disregarded those who were stragglers from the pub.

But as 1320 says, no one cares.

2 hours ago, WT Figo said:

The comment was that the Cowdenbeath safety officer told the poster that 'she' had counted 148. Strange that because I was watching the male steward counting the fans and when he finished he spoke to another steward. He said something but with a shrug of his shoulders and a gesture that looked like 'thereabouts'. I spoke to him at halftime and asked how many he counted and he said '152 or 155' again with a shrug of his shoulders. 

That count was completely unscientific as people were moving about, going and coming from the toilet and pie shop, and disregarded those who were stragglers from the pub.

gotta love a crowdw**k post. where's Simon Lichtie when you need him!! 

Expect Stirling will have to open the other stand

Think that'll be a given. You would of thought that, with everything that's at stake, Arbroath will bring everyone and anyone down for the day.

Jeez, that made me feel sleepy.

I can't see past an Arbroath win next weekend... we have pretty much given up and we've taken two pastings recently at home. Arbroath are better away than they are at home. Big away support will be down. 

Prediction: Albion 0 Arbroath 2

Crowd 1103 (including 644 from Arbroath)

Early goal to settle the nerves is needed. Can't see Dick changing the team so Jimmy Scott will start again. To be fair he had a terrific last 5 minutes yesterday when we were trying to run out the clock.

How much does the away stand at Stirling hold?

It says on the ground guide that 2508 seats in total, both stands look identical, so 1250 on each side. No extra stand will be required if that's the case... well I don't think so anyway. Absolutely no idea what to expect.

Had about 900 odd at Forfar I'd guess but that was only 20 minutes along the road.

Archived