Stirling v Arbroath

I can't see past an Arbroath win next weekend... we have pretty much given up and we've taken two pastings recently at home. Arbroath are better away than they are at home. Big away support will be down. 
Prediction: Albion 0 Arbroath 2
Crowd 1103 (including 644 from Arbroath)

What's happened to Bikey?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well....

This is going to be tough going.

Same team for me, Prunty in for Jimmy.

Please do not f**k this up. Expect a big away support through. Great place for a day out and hopefully by 5pm we'll have done the job.

Mental attitude of both teams will be important. Provided the Arbroath players don't freeze, I can't see you not winning. I'm sure the Albion players won't want to just roll over, but playing with a bit of pride won't be enough against a fired up decent team.

Quite nice to relax with nothing at stake, but would rather be in Arbroath's shoes.  Expect sales of constipation medicine to fall sharply this week in Arbroath!

We don't really have the players who will freeze imo, surely Stirling will come out and try and play a bit as they have nothing to play for and will want to give their supporters a decent send off. 

This should play into our hands as we have better players and are an all round better team. 

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not been the same since his return from Hearts, seen flashes of what he can do, scored at Elgin last week, looking forward to him showing Arbroath that he is back to his best.

Couldn't get past big Joe Mbu yesterday, ended up moving out wide (Joe doesn't really do out wide now) where he was marginally more effective but looked miles away from the player I was told he was in the first stint.

looked miles away from the player I was told he was in the first stint.

That generally the consensus I must say. I thought with Full Time training, he would of come back a better player but it's actually been the reverse. He left a raw talent but with a bit of work he had it all, we've not seen that since returning.

9 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Think that'll be a given. You would of thought that, with everything that's at stake, Arbroath will bring everyone and anyone down for the day.

Jeez, that made me feel sleepy.

Ha ha! Yea I nearly fell asleep typing it. Probably why I couldn't be arsed mentioning it last week. Thanks for persevering to the end though.

Doubtful, but the thought of Stirling taking Arbroath to the cleaners fills me with dread. Albion fans would be wondering why we hadn't played more often like that. I'm sure if Doris comes down he will be going for a pint. Should we phone the polis now?

'broath fans, enjoy your day in the sun. You deserve it.

Looking forward to spoiling Eddie Ferns and big lichties, Steven Doris' day.

Can't see the terrace being open, away end holds just over 1000 so that should be more than enough.

5 minutes ago, Dumb yatt said:

Doubtful, but the thought of Stirling taking Arbroath to the cleaners fills me with dread. Albion fans would be wondering why we hadn't played more often like that. I'm sure if Doris comes down he will be going for a pint. Should we phone the polis now?

'broath fans, enjoy your day in the sun. You deserve it.

Just hoping the Albion players have one eye on their summer holidays on Saturday. Taking nothing for granted here, I just hope there is a need for a helicoper landing near Forthbank in 5 days time! 

Archived