Brechin Via Albion

Nobody is interested because we are shite with nothing to play for.Now people will say the play offs but are the club really interested in getting promoted,I think not.We seem to play okay to be in contention just to keep supporters interested then when it comes to the crunch we play shite and not get promoted.

44 minutes ago, citydiehard said:

Nobody is interested because we are shite with nothing to play for.Now people will say the play offs but are the club really interested in getting promoted,I think not.We seem to play okay to be in contention just to keep supporters interested then when it comes to the crunch we play shite and not get promoted.

I agree we ve been shite ..So you reckon the committee sit down every season and say to Darren and squad right lads lets bottle it last half of season ... I was speaking to vice chairman last weekend and believe me club want promotion ..

Why would nt you want to play in a league with 2 Dundee teams , st mirren , pars, inverness , raith , falkirk all potentially 1000 plus home crowds ... Go up and give it their best ...We would nt expect too much ...

Sometimes ill back you but no this time ... 

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Ah well. You'll not be there then and we'll not need to read you spouting your pish after the game.

I agree we ve been shite ..So you reckon the committee sit down every season and say to Darren and squad right lads lets bottle it last half of season ... I was speaking to vice chairman last weekend and believe me club want promotion ..
Why would nt you want to play in a league with 2 Dundee teams , st mirren , pars, inverness , raith , falkirk all potentially 1000 plus home crowds ... Go up and give it their best ...We would nt expect too much ...
 Sometimes ill back you but no this time ... 

Be lucky if Inverness take a bus load

4 hours ago, slangs said:

At the awards after the game absolutely flabbergasted there was no young player of the year.travelled all over and took in a number of clubs. This is a first for me. Is this the norm up here???

Never been an award for that. Perhaps if you took it up with the committee they might see fit to include it next year. 

Mind you , given the intimacy of the awards ceremony I am surprised you didn't bring it up with the chairman or the committee at the time instead of venting your spleen on here. 

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Never been an award for that. Perhaps if you took it up with the committee they might see fit to include it next year. 

Mind you , given the intimacy of the awards ceremony I am surprised you didn't bring it up with the chairman or the committee at the time instead of venting your spleen on here. 

Why do you have to find fault in everyones comments ? The guys just asked a civil question ...Its a fans forum i know and u can say what you like but anytime someone comments on anything they get shot down from yourself ..

Pipe down, slangs asked a simple question there's no need for you to be a p***k.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Pipe down, slangs asked a simple question there's no need for you to be a p***k.

Sorry,on reflection I was indeed being a p***k .I took it as another slight at the club .  Apologies to all those I have offended. 

As for the game , well done to all yesterday.  That was a vital win to keep us in the chase in the play offs.  On to next week , one point needed. Squeeky bum time I think. 

Big win yesterday which puts us in a very strong position for the playoffs. Stenny of course are battling to avoid bottom spot so next week is going to be tough, but even if we did fail to get the point required at Ochilview, we can hope that Stranraer do us a favour.

It was an improvement on the lacklustre performance against Stranraer but we are still quite some distance away from where we need to be if we are to do anything in the playoffs (should we get there). Still not enough chances being created but on a positive note, we seem to have tightened things at the back although Stranraer and Albion didn't really pose much threat. Credit to likes of Paddy in goal who has come in and kept two clean sheets and will perhaps feel disappointed to lose his place next week. Hasn't had an awful lot to do but has been alert when called upon.

Agree that there should be a young player of the year award, perhaps that is something we can put in place for next year. Finn Graham would have probably been a shoe in to win that award.

Unsurprising that Jacko cleared up the end of season awards. As the Chairman stated it would have been preferable to have a few different winners but in terms of consistency, Jacko has been head and shoulders above the rest for me. Notable mentions to Dougie Hill and Finn Graham who for me deserve some recognition also for their performances over the season.

Archived