Recurring Dreams

I have two. One good, one bad.

The bad one is East Fife reaching the Scottish Cup final (I know). I've slept in and am trying desperately to get dressed but can't perform the most functional of tasks, putting on socks, underpants etc. I never get to find out if we win but I know I'm not going to make the game.

The good one is that I discover I can fly. It's brilliant! Basically just doing the breastroke in the sky, which is also good as it's the only stroke I can do. Can't imagine trying to do the front crawl in mid-air. That would never work...   

8 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I have two. One good, one bad.

The bad one is East Fife reaching the Scottish Cup final (I know). I've slept in and am trying desperately to get dressed but can't perform the most functional of tasks, putting on socks, underpants etc. I never get to find out if we win but I know I'm not going to make the game.

The good one is that I discover I can fly. It's brilliant! Basically just doing the breastroke in the sky, which is also good as it's the only stroke I can do. Can't imagine trying to do the front crawl in mid-air. That would never work...   

The 'Superman flying pose' 100m would be an interesting addition to the Olympics. 

Over the past couple of weeks I've had a very common recurring bad dream (not really a nightmare as such) - I'll be sound asleep, and then I'll feel as if I'm chewing a bit of gum which I end up eating and getting lodged in my throat. Every time it wakes me up, I take a gulp then the sensation fades away quite quickly.

No idea if it could be medical, like a problem in my throat or with my tongue muscles or suchlike - I don't think it is tbh, but it's quite horrible feeling as if I've blocked my airway for a few seconds some nights. Gives me the shiters.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Over the past couple of weeks I've had a very common recurring bad dream (not really a nightmare as such) - I'll be sound asleep, and then I'll feel as if I'm chewing a bit of gum which I end up eating and getting lodged in my throat. Every time it wakes me up, I take a gulp then the sensation fades away quite quickly.

No idea if it could be medical, like a problem in my throat or with my tongue muscles or suchlike - I don't think it is tbh, but it's quite horrible feeling as if I've blocked my airway for a few seconds some nights. Gives me the shiters.

You're actually swallowing spiders that hang down from the ceiling. Good protein source, don't fight it.

Mate, I am getting those dreams as well - quite often. It's fucking brilliant. I can just take off and soar about controlling my height and speed. I don't need to breast stroke though I kinda just have my arms by my side. Man I love those dreams.

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

I have a similar recurring dream. It doesn't involve East Fife or football but I usually have an important appointment of some kind, like an exam or a job interview, but no matter how hard I try I just can't get there. It's like I can't put my socks on or unlock the door. There's always some basic task that I just can't perform.

I had a recurring dream that a witch had stolen some dogs and had chained them up in a field in order to cut off their noses and ears to perform some weird ritual.
The only thing I could do to save my dog from going through that was to run over and kill her by quickly gouging at her throat with a butter knife before the woman started.

It was horrifying. 

I regularly dream that the World Cup has started, and somehow I've remained unaware, which is bizarre considering that it's impossible to ignore in the real world. Last time, Scotland had qualified and I'd missed our first two games, which had been decent results. Absolutely raging that I'd missed them.

I also used to have the flying dreams, albeit the shitest version ever - I would discover that I could jump and float a few inches above the ground indefinitely by wiggling about. Worst superpower ever.

I have had a recurring nightmare since I was around 14; I find myself on the Tay Rail Bridge, and most of the time I end up falling off it in a variety of different ways. No idea why, as I'm not scared of bridges, or that one in particular either. 

I had a recurring dream that a witch had stolen some dogs and had chained them up in a field in order to cut off their noses and ears to perform some weird ritual.
The only thing I could do to save my dog from going through that was to run over and kill her by quickly gouging at her throat with a butter knife before the woman started.
It was horrifying. 

^^^ OFTW

When I was about 15 years old there was a guy who was occasionally in our company - a loudmouthed, compulsive lying dickhead - who got murdered by being strangled and then dumped up the backroads. For about the last 10 years I've had a recurring vivid dream that it was me that did it and buried his body and in each dream the police are closing in on me. I'm scared shitless in each dream that I'm about to get caught to the point that in one dream I dug up and moved the body before they could find it. About 2 weeks ago the police eventually caught me and I got sentenced to 5 years in the jail. On arriving at the jail I realised that most of the inmates are old friends and aquaintances of his and I'm going to have to spend the next 5 years protecting myself.

Dreaming about being able to fly sounds like much better fun tbh.

Slowly falling off the cliffs, grabbing on to the grass as I fall down, before falling off... always wake up before I hit the sea.

Too much time spent jumping about the cliffs and swimming in the sea in my youth I think.

DeeMan by the way... oooft. :lol:

42 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

When I was about 15 years old there was a guy who was occasionally in our company - a loudmouthed, compulsive lying dickhead - who got murdered by being strangled and then dumped up the backroads. For about the last 10 years I've had a recurring vivid dream that it was me that did it and buried his body and in each dream the police are closing in on me. I'm scared shitless in each dream that I'm about to get caught to the point that in one dream I dug up and moved the body before they could find it. About 2 weeks ago the police eventually caught me and I got sentenced to 5 years in the jail. On arriving at the jail I realised that most of the inmates are old friends and aquaintances of his and I'm going to have to spend the next 5 years protecting myself.

Dreaming about being able to fly sounds like much better fun tbh.

Textbook repressed memory.

I have had a recurring nightmare since I was around 14; I find myself on the Tay Rail Bridge, and most of the time I end up falling off it in a variety of different ways. No idea why, as I'm not scared of bridges, or that one in particular either. 

^^^ Reincarnated Tay Bridge Disaster victim. Only logical explanation.

On 4/28/2017 at 23:23, tongue_tied_danny said:

I have a similar recurring dream. It doesn't involve East Fife or football but I usually have an important appointment of some kind, like an exam or a job interview, but no matter how hard I try I just can't get there. It's like I can't put my socks on or unlock the door. There's always some basic task that I just can't perform.

I get that during the day.

Archived