Alloa v Stranraer

A win would set up the last game of the season to be a bit more enjoyable and even maybe give us a chance of playoffs, albeit a very slim chance.
Struggle to predict this one with Alloa obviously having a few more important games round the coroner.
If a Brian Reid team got a point at Alloa earlier in the season Steve Farrell's team must stand a chance of taking all three.

Another tough result against alloa. Should have been 2up by h/t. Controlled game. The 2nd half was more alloa. Just when we were pushing for a winner alloa score with last kick of the game. Sums up our season.

Wouldnt say you controlled the game at all.

Both teams had very little chances, really poor match but would never say you controlled any of it.

One thing i will say is fair play to jim goodwin his team never gives up, at the beginning of the season this game would have been a draw.

1 minute ago, falkirkwasp said:

Wouldnt say you controlled the game at all.

Both teams had very little chances, really poor match but would never say you controlled any of it.

One thing i will say is fair play to jim goodwin his team never gives up, at the beginning of the season this game would have been a draw.

At the beginning of the season we were 5-1 up on Stranraer at half time, on their ground :thumsup2.  But I take your point.

Good effort to get 6 points in the last 2 games when we were already assured of 2nd and with both opponents needing points. 

Not entirely fussed about the scoreline as long we survived and thankfully we have.Probably tough on the blues to lose and a draw would have been fair enough,but as I say not too fussed.We need an out and out striker big time and hopefully the Manager has someone in mind in the close season.

Really struggled today to get the final ball right, Adam Martin showed up well and ultimately won us the game. Great feeling seeing that fat wee spud in goal concede. Jammer's had his start now, didn't impress me. Could see the desire from some players to win this, Andy Graham in particular. Let's put seven past Peterhead next week to end on a high.

I meant earlier in the season, if you read the comments you'll see i corrected.

Onto the game..really poor spectacle i thought, both teams cancelling each other out not much in it other than a few half chances.

With the likes of gibson aggy etc in your side you'd expect to be put under a real threat but imo i didnt think they did that yesterday, big boy on loan from livi solid at the back.

Goalie is as much of a bellend as brechins, got his comeuppance in the end.

I think Belford is a great laugh. Just gives as good as he gets. Was good getting the last laugh in right enough!

Was pleasing to see us win again in a game we never really got going

If your dishing it out to a goalie. Especially belford then expect it back. So what. Saw two alloa guys hanging about well after final whistle still shouting at him while cammy was over seeing his family. Hes a character but has been excellent for us.

Belfords a brilliant laugh and it all seemed fairly good natured. Some entertainment injected into a fairly dull game.
McCluskey had a pretty decent game for us. Another win and the team ticking over for playoffs nicely.

Not McCluskey's biggest fan, but i thought he had a brilliant game yesterday, i felt at the time it was harsh taking him off but thankfully it paid off in the end.

Wouldn't say Stranraer controlled the game at all, a pretty boring game that Alloa popped up with a goal in the end to take all 3 points. Looked to me like Stranraer were happy to try take a point and rely on other results.

Thought Belford was a great laugh got some stick and gave some back and in a humerous way aswell. He definitely wasn't replying in an agressive manner or nothing like that. Do the guys complaining about him just expect him to take 90 minutes of stick from us and not reply??

Couldn't believe it when we finally scored yesterday. Surprisingly satisfying when it happened, considering it was essentially a meaningless game for us, albeit very harsh on Stranraer, who created a lot more up front. Looked like you're heading in the right direction, judging by that performance.

Archived