Worst player/team of the season

Worst team maybe Dumbarton losing five goals to us and their players fighting with each other. We were terrible at TFS twice particularly in midfield and at right back. Worst player is difficult. No it's not it's Reilly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Worst team maybe Dumbarton losing five goals to us and their players fighting with each other. We were terrible at TFS twice particularly in midfield and at right back. Worst player is difficult. No it's not it's Reilly.

Forgot about the fighting :lol: Yup that's it settled then Dumbarton were the worst. Probably the worst performance at EEP since Peterhead's heads gone moment. Would have counted the thumping of Cowden but that was expected and was more down to our performance that day than theirs.

Lawrence Shankland has to be a great shout for the overall winner here for being absolutely hopeless with two different clubs. By some amazing coincidence his first club stopped being the worst team in the division by a distance and eventually became the form team after he departed, whereas his second club have gone from being favourites for second place to the worst team in the division with him playing, now on seven games without a win and counting.

A spell at Clyde followed by spending the rest of his career in the Ayrshire Juniors awaits.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I agree with this.

We were poor at the start of the season, but turned it around. Dumbarton have been worse all season. 

Reilly really has been totally sh1te for us, I've never been so disappointed in my expectations from a player. 

Worst at home- For some reason Dundee Utd seemed terrified of us in both home games against them so they get it. Hoping this continues for the playoffs.

Worst Away- Raith in the 4-1 game, they started well then fell apart completely. Think it was in the halcyon Locke days

Worst player- Higginbotham last weekend was a sight to behold 

Worst Player at Home - BRE in the first development game was completely hopeless especially considering on the week up to the game, Dunfermline fans were assuring us that he was the next big thing.

Worst team at home - Dundee United in the 2-1 game at Starks looked shot of any confidence whatsoever. They genuinely looked like a team sitting cut adrift at the foot of the table. They weren't much better in the 0-0 game in December either.

Worst Player away - Luca Gasparotto in the 2-4 game at TFS. He just couldn't cope with Mark Stewart and Declan McManus running at him, the whole game. Looked completely out of his depth.

Worst team away - Bearing in mind that we've only won 2 away games all season, there isn't much choice. Although, I wouldn't say either of those 2 were the worst. Dundee United after the half hour mark back in August in the 2-2 game were the worst team we had faced away from home. 2-0 up and they blew it in spectacular style. We really should have went on to win by a couple here but had to settle for the draw down to our own poor decision making in front of goal.

Lawrence Shankland has to be a great shout for the overall winner here for being absolutely hopeless with two different clubs. By some amazing coincidence his first club stopped being the worst team in the division by a distance and eventually became the form team after he departed, whereas his second club have gone from being favourites for second place to the worst team in the division with him playing, now on seven games without a win and counting.
A spell at Clyde followed by spending the rest of his career in the Ayrshire Juniors awaits.

Was only a couple seasons ago we were all clambering around hoping that our club would sign him on loan............
Glad we dodged that one

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Worst Player away - Luca Gasparotto in the 2-4 game at TFS. He just couldn't cope with Mark Stewart and Declan McManus running at him, the whole game. Looked completely out of his depth.

He's a weird player, can play well for 4/5 games in a row then is capable of an absolute shocker. Against Dundee Utd a few weeks back he just kept falling everywhere. If Simon Murray was a footballer they would have pummeled us.

On 28/04/2017 at 20:30, Rovers1992/1993 said:

This young boy that the Hibs fans constantly talk about Skacel almost ending his career IIRC was in fact 24 year old Dylan McGeouch who has spent more of his Hibs career on the treatment table than on the pitch. They're still feeling Hard-done by though.

You swapped Lewis for tattooed p***k.  Pipe down please. 

On 29/04/2017 at 10:17, Dunning1874 said:

My best mate supports queensa park (moved to Glasgow hates the old firm) he said Shankland was the pick of the bunch that came through at QP and better than Robertson.  Shame he's not kicked on. 

On 29/04/2017 at 10:17, Dunning1874 said:

What about Ryan Hardie, Totally useless/disinterested for us and while he's got a few goals for Raith, he's been part of a team that's made the most spectacular nosedive in history. 

I think he played his part in that. 

11 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

My best mate supports queensa park (moved to Glasgow hates the old firm) he said Shankland was the pick of the bunch that came through at QP and better than Robertson.  Shame he's not kicked on. 

It may sound odd given the season he's had, but I'd be more than happy for us to take a punt on Shankland in the summer. Stevie Aitken seems to be excellent at getting players playing with confidence, despite poor spells elsewhere, and he clearly has the ability to be a handy player at this level if he can get his head in the right place.

Most of our signings tend to be either unproven at this level (Robert Thomson, Andy Stirling etc) or players punted by bigger clubs at this level (Gregor Buchanan, David Smith, Stuart Carswell etc). All of the above have been excellent despite coming with mixed reviews. Thomson was a diddy at Dunfermline and did nothing at Alloa. Stirling was pretty ropey for Stenny, and a flop at Dunfermline. Buchanan captained a woeful Dunfermline team in L1, Falkirk fans hated Smith (well, some did certainly...) and St Mirren fans weren't too keen on Carswell.

We've got a big rebuilding job over the summer, but he's always a player I've been keen on.

What about Ryan Hardie, Totally useless/disinterested for us and while he's got a few goals for Raith, he's been part of a team that's made the most spectacular nosedive in history. 
I think he played his part in that. 

You can't exactly give a player that accolade for a poor half season when he's had a decent individual second half of the season when Shankland has had a poor whole season..

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It may sound odd given the season he's had, but I'd be more than happy for us to take a punt on Shankland in the summer. Stevie Aitken seems to be excellent at getting players playing with confidence, despite poor spells elsewhere, and he clearly has the ability to be a handy player at this level if he can get his head in the right place.

Most of our signings tend to be either unproven at this level (Robert Thomson, Andy Stirling etc) or players punted by bigger clubs at this level (Gregor Buchanan, David Smith, Stuart Carswell etc). All of the above have been excellent despite coming with mixed reviews. Thomson was a diddy at Dunfermline and did nothing at Alloa. Stirling was pretty ropey for Stenny, and a flop at Dunfermline. Buchanan captained a woeful Dunfermline team in L1, Falkirk fans hated Smith (well, some did certainly...) and St Mirren fans weren't too keen on Carswell.

We've got a big rebuilding job over the summer, but he's always a player I've been keen on.

To be fair to Carswell, he only played for us under Murray and Rae so of course he would have been shite as the whole team was. 

He was not the worst player in the team and certainly better than Hutton who must have been the most bizarre signing ever.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You can't exactly give a player that accolade for a poor half season when he's had a decent individual second half of the season when Shankland has had a poor whole season..

That's what I'm asking, I know he's scored goals for you but he also scored goals for us too. But it is possible to score a few goals and still be shite. Shankland has scored 4 for Morton since moving over which is not a bad return, but he is still shite. 

Has Hardie been good for you? He was probably worse than Shankland for us. 

That's what I'm asking, I know he's scored goals for you but he also scored goals for us too. But it is possible to score a few goals and still be shite. Shankland has scored 4 for Morton since moving over which is not a bad return, but he is still shite. 
Has Hardie been good for you? He was probably worse than Shankland for us. 

Hardie's easily been our best attacking player despite what Yogi has been saying in his interviews about him.

Against Hibs last week, he was on the bench, he came on in the 84th minute and then scored an excellent solo goal in the 85th minute.

Back in March in our 2-0 home win over St Mirren. Hardie was on the bench, came on in the 70th minute or thereabouts when it was still 0-0 and went on to score both goals.

He's the first name Rovers fans want to see on the team sheet yet he never is and that's down to Yogi taking a disliking to him for some strange reason. He's our top goal scorer despite only arriving in January.

Archived