Your Club's Player of the Year

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean Murdoch for me, no surprise there as he's been most consistent for the full season. Paul McMullan had really come into his own and was putting in some terrific performances mid way through the season when we went on our however many games unbeaten run. He's kind of tailed off towards the end of the season though but his contributions clearly haven't gone unnoticed as he managed to get the call for an U21 spot.

Others I've been impressed with against us this season have been Ross Forbes, Jason Cummings, Willo Flood, Greg Fleming & Gavin Duncan.

No question our player/saviour of the season is Kyle Hutton, closely followed by keeper/witch Sean Murdoch. However, after a shamefully shite start to the season we unearthed a few gems that made us feel a bit more at home in this league. Not stars, not players that would walk into other teams but players that gave us some much needed swagger.

None more so that former Cowden carthorse Nathaniel Wedderburn. I don't think he has had to wash his strip yet this season, such is the ease with which he struts through games. 

CBPB4706_8220.jpg

nintchdbpict000311506744.jpg?strip=all&w

B01352D5-5535-46E8-BB4F-CD511682B331_zps

7F486B1C-9FDF-4F3D-AB20-9FC60D8187A4_zps

Just realised I missed the Wee Team off my list. Apologies. 

Raith Rovers - probably Jean M'voto, who mopped up all the pointless long balls we played up in the first two derbies this season. The other two games saw us play Raith during their awful run where none of them looked like they'd played the sport before. They'll be desperate to hang on to the big guy.

I don't know @Socks, we've beaten them comfortably twice (should have been three times but for a mini collapse at the end of the 4-3 game) so it's hard to think of anyone from Dumbarton who's done well against us. But Thomson did score the first goal in that opening game and then set up one in the 2-2 game (initially I thought he'D scored but it was the on-loan Thomson who for finished it off) and I thought he was ok in the wind-affected game a few weeks ago. He wasn't brilliant but then none of their players have been against us this season.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Our PotY has to be M'Voto. The only player that has even resembled a footballer all season.

Won't be here next season. Ross County probably.

Other players that have impressed me this season are Ross Forbes, Darren McGregor, Steven Dobbie and Alan Martin.

Don't get the M'Voto love in myself.  Very handy for set pieces or if a team are launching high balls at us and yes, one of if not our best player this season but this says just as much about guys around him this season. Doubt he would cut it in top flight. Your post is also a bit disrespectful to Ross Mathews who I would put forward as a candidate, goes about his business quietly and effectively, still improving too. 

Don't get the M'Voto love in myself.  Very handy for set pieces or if a team are launching high balls at us and yes, one of if not our best player this season but this says just as much about guys around him this season. Doubt he would cut it in top flight. Your post is also a bit disrespectful to Ross Mathews who I would put forward as a candidate, goes about his business quietly and effectively, still improving too. 

I did completely forget about Matthews. He is one player I do really like.

As for M'Voto, he's not just good in the air, we've seen plenty of times this season him easing past players at will with the ball at his feet..

I'm not saying that he can cut in the top flight. Ross County are in need of an experienced centre-half or 2. We already know they've sent scouts down to watch Callachan before and they do like to snatch up players from this league therefore it isn't too much of a wild suggestion to pick them as M'Voto's next destination.

Obviously I've only seen a handful of Morton games so forgive my knowledge of the other sides in the division. As for Morton... Oliver, Murdoch, Lindsay, Doyle, O'Ware, Gunning, Lamie and Forbes are the standouts. Of that lot, forced to choose, I would need to go for Forbes. The stats don't lie.

Sibbald is by a fair margin the most skilful player we have, and there's few more so in this league.  If he was a touch more gallus, he'd be way too good for us.  He had a poor first third of the season but really come onto a game.  Only other realistic candidate for me is Taiwo.

it would have been Austin if Houston had given him more starts!  BSLM also has a fantastic habit of changing games, but doesn't have enough football left in him.

Archived