Premiership Team of the Year

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, The OP said:

The best Moussa Dembele moment this season was when he was keeping the ball in the corner at Ibrox on Hogmanay. Looked a bit like this -

IMG_6300.JPG

Thought he would've been better hung tbh.

Eta. In a donkey kind of way not a Mississippi kind of way before any c**t says it.

56 minutes ago, The OP said:

The best Moussa Dembele moment this season was when he was keeping the ball in the corner at Ibrox on Hogmanay. Looked a bit like this -

IMG_6300.JPG

These Celtic boys love a statue, eh? Not sure this one will make into The Glasgow City Council Walkway mind you.

Anyway,

Cerny (Not seen any better saves than his recent one vs County and his penalty save vs Celtic, tbh)

Lustig, Simunovic, Lindsay, Tierney

Armstrong, Brown, McGregor

Boyce, Dembele, Sinclair

Cerny
Logan Lindsay Simunovic Tierney
Brown Armstrong
Hayes McLean Sinclair
Boyce

Given where Thistle were while Cerny was out and they had Stuckmann in goals vs where they are now I'd say he's offered more than either Lewis or Gordon. Also in agreement about the Boyce's scoring record at County especially with him having been played out of position for a fair chunk of the season.

PFA Scotland team announced:

Lewis (Ab)

Logan (Ab) - Lustig (Ce) - Lindsay (PT) - Tierney (Ce)

Armstrong (Ce) - Brown (Ce) - McLean (Ab)

Hayes (Ab) - Dembele (Ce) - Sinclair (Ce)

Shaugnessey for Lustig but out with that no complaints. I'm sure I read he's played more minutes than anyone in the league this season in a defence that has had to chop and change through injuries. Think Boyce is unlucky not to get in, Armstrong only really came onto a game for the second part of the season when Rogic got injured, up until the injury must have been in with a chance of POTY and TOTY

Boyce in for Dembele but, other than that, not too many complaints. Really don't know why Boyce has been overlooked, given he's the second-top goalscorer in the league and the highest-scoring striker.

BBC reporting Liam Lindsay (Partick Thistle) is the only player to make The Scottish Premiership team of the year outwith Celtic & Aberdeen players [emoji106]

2 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

BBC reporting Liam Lindsay (Partick Thistle) is the only player to make The Scottish Premiership team of the year outwith Celtic & Aberdeen players emoji106.png

3 hours ago, Radford said:

Lewis (Ab)

Must have taken a team of folk at the BBC to work that one out.

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Lewis (Ab)

This, too, is meaningless.

Although I am delighted Lewis the nod for the imaginary wee team I thought he may not have made it due to Gordon's profile. Perhaps Gordon getting away with a couple of ridiculous reds early counted against him?
Having said that I genuinely think Lewis is at least his equal. That lad is ice cool, rarely flustered. Also given the form and occasional rickets from our centre backs he's made such a difference.

Archived