Premiership Team of the Year

Following on from Radford's thread on the PotY, what's your Premiership Team of the Year - that is, a team comprising players picked from Premiership sides. We all know some smart-a**e - Romeo, probably - will chime in with 'Celtic'.

Feel free to through in a Premiership Duds XI, too.

Lewis

Logan....Simunovic....Lindsay....Tierney

Brown....Armstrong

Hayes....Swanson....Sinclair

Dembele

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the SPFA team by their fellow professionals, I think Tierney, Brown, Armstrong, Sinclair and Dembele will undoubtedly be in there.

After that with the Celtic players, Boyata was probably too late to the party and Sviatchenko will be harder to play against than Simunovic. Callum Paterson would have had a strong claim before his injury but I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the team was Rangers and Aberdeen, with names like Hill, Miller, Lewis, McLean and Hayes coming into consideration.

My guess at the SPFA team, which I think they usually pick in a 4-3-3:

Lewis

Logan - Hill - Sviatchenko - Tierney

Armstrong - Brown - McLean/Hayes

Dembele - Miller - Sinclair

58 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Lindsay of Thistle should be in with a shout but I'd say that Cerny should be a cert for the goalkeeping spot

He's been great for us this season, but can't see past Joe Lewis for it. And don't really have a problem with that either.

Tbf are there any players from the other teams that would get into the Celtic team?

Take Forrest out the equation(because he is horseshit), not many, if any.

Lewis would maybe fight it out with Gordon, that's about it for me. Not into this picking players just because they play for other teams.

34 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Tbf are there any players from the other teams that would get into the Celtic team?

Take Forrest out the equation(because he is horseshit), not many, if any.

Lewis would maybe fight it out with Gordon, that's about it for me. Not into this picking players just because they play for other teams.

Forrest has been excellent this season.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Cerny

Logan Lindsay Simunovic Tierney

Armstrong Brown Shinnie

Hayes Boyce Sinclair

Scoring 20 goals for Ross County is a bigger achievement over a season than scoring 17 goals for Celtic.

Your point may still stand but worth noting that Dembele has a better minutes to goals ratio.

Just now, The OP said:

Your point may still stand but worth noting that Dembele has a better minutes to goals ratio.

3 were penalties and 4 were against Rangers and should only count as half goals.

I was also factoring in the fact that the couple of times I've seen Dembele in the flesh he's been garbage.

Archived