Player of the Year

All four nominees have enjoyed good seasons but I can't see past Andy Ryan, to be honest. He's scored a fantastic number of goals in a very average Airdrieonians side and, while it's a little too simplistic to say he's single-handedly kept them in the hunt for promotion, they'd be in a far worse position without him.

It has to be Buchanan, he's not just the top goal scorer in league 1 this season he's the top league goal scorer in scotland. 

Tbh I'm slightly surprised that Mullen is included, he's had an excellent season but Pittman, Byrne and Halkett have been far more influential for us. 

Not sure that's true Andy, I've heard Buchanan praising up Mullen on the radio saying he leaves all the running to Danny, a light hearted comment but a lot of truth it in, Mullen does a lot of running about to help Buchanan up front, the both of them play well together. Agree though, has to be Buch's with the amount of goals he's scored.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not sure that's true Andy, I've heard Buchanan praising up Mullen on the radio saying he leaves all the running to Danny, a light hearted comment but a lot of truth it in, Mullen does a lot of running about to help Buchanan up front, the both of them play well together. Agree though, has to be Buch's with the amount of goals he's scored.

I'm not saying Mullen hasn't done well this season, he's scored goals, created numerous for others, he's been excellent, no doubt about it. 

You could argue for quite a few from our team, Halkett has been outstanding in a defence that's kept 13 clean sheets this year alone, Pittman has been incredible alongside Byrne in the midfield. 

Do they still do team of the year for each division ? If so it will be interesting to see who makes the cut.  

I'd have no issue with Buchanan winning. I can obviously see why Ryan might though. Only scored 3 goals less in the league for a team that are currently 5th - and who are abysmal. Whereas Livvii have obviously comfortably won the league. 

Hopefully Buchanan wins it. The less attention drawn to oor Andy the better.

Think he's already drawn attention to himself. No doubt there will have been people scouting him already

Kirkpatrick has chipped in with 16 goals from midfield this season. I'd put a case for him having the most assists out of the 4 too but don't have those stats to confirm. However, think it'll be Buchs. Another good goal scoring season for him!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 13:29, andylivi1 said:

It has to be Buchanan, he's not just the top goal scorer in league 1 this season he's the top league goal scorer in scotland. 

You'll be in the Andy Ryan camp to win it now he's top scorer in League One?

5 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

You'll be in the Andy Ryan camp to win it now he's top scorer in League One?

Wouldn't argue if he won it, great last couple of games, 5 goals in 2 games ? To over take Buchy who's led all season. 

Well done to the lad who has almost single handedly got you to the play offs and all the best for the playoffs :)

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 15:45, Diamond Oracle said:

Hopefully Buchanan wins it. The less attention drawn to oor Andy the better.

Him scoring 5 goals in your last 2 games may have put paid to keeping a low profile.:unsure:

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep Ryan must be favourite now, if only Buchanan hadn't missed 3 penalties, that has come back to bite him on the arse.

On the flip side, Ryan has only started taking our penalties in the last few weeks. We've had a barrel load this season too, if he'd been on them since the start of the season he'd have had another 7-8 goals.

Unless he was as good as Buchanan at taking them.;)

Buchanan scored some earlier in the season but missed his last 3, and went off as a sub against Rovers so Cadden took the last one we scored.

*Edit. Was Beany taking them and missed, and that's why Ryan started taking them? That wee running on the spot he does always cracked me up when he was at Livi, although he usually scored from the penalty spot.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Wouldn't argue if he won it, great last couple of games, 5 goals in 2 games ? To over take Buchy who's led all season. 

Well done to the lad who has almost single handedly got you to the play offs and all the best for the playoffs :)

Either deserve it. Ryan for exactly the reason you give!!

Archived