Darren Young leaving Rovers at end of season

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope not. 
Wasps1 has as much chance of being at Inverness or Dundee 

Just think he's done very well at Rovers and if he was to leave it would be to a club in a higher league.

Airdrie makes sense come to think of it. Same level but chance to get into FT local to where he is now.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just think he's done very well at Rovers and if he was to leave it would be to a club in a higher league.

Airdrie makes sense come to think of it. Same level but chance to get into FT local to where he is now.

As an Airdrie fan I disagree. 

Despite what Airdrie fans may think he's actually had a bigger budget than us at Albion and never finished above us. 

Not convinced by him nor his style of play.

I'd take Billy Stark though and would throw 2 for the price of one into the deal by driving Dalziel and Wilson to Coatbridge in return. 

Due a shot at one of the low-end full-time sides, surely. You can understand him wanting to move on, as a serious Championship bid would seem unlikely for Rovers.

His name always comes up as a preferred option when we're in the market, but you wouldn't have thought he'd settle for less than an Airdrie or Livingston at this stage.

Wasn't he offered job with you when Jack Ross left? 

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Due a shot at one of the low-end full-time sides, surely. You can understand him wanting to move on, as a serious Championship bid would seem unlikely for Rovers.

His name always comes up as a preferred option when we're in the market, but you wouldn't have thought he'd settle for less than an Airdrie or Livingston at this stage.

As an Airdrie fan I disagree. 
Despite what Airdrie fans may think he's actually had a bigger budget than us at Albion and never finished above us. 
Not convinced by him nor his style of play.
I'd take Billy Stark though and would throw 2 for the price of one into the deal by driving Dalziel and Wilson to Coatbridge in return. 

More time to work with the players though and on the coaching aspect of it. Sure he will have some really good contacts in the game to source young players either on loan or to FT if they've been let go by bigger clubs. Think it would be a good move.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

More time to work with the players though and on the coaching aspect of it. Sure he will have some really good contacts in the game to source young players either on loan or to FT if they've been let go by bigger clubs. Think it would be a good move.

You could say that of Wilson & Dalziel, both played at bigger clubs than Young and they two have been hopeless.

seems like a nice guy when interviewed but not for me. 

3 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Wasn't he offered job with you when Jack Ross left? 

I think Wasps1's sources telt him that Young was a nailed-on cert, which probably means that we never even approached him.

You could say that of Wilson & Dalziel, both played at bigger clubs than Young and they two have been hopeless.
seems like a nice guy when interviewed but not for me. 

Wilson never managed anyone before Airdrie? Or am I wrong?

To be honest he might not be anywhere near it but looking in from the outside really not sure what you're hoping for as a FT club paying such low wages.

You're needing a guy that's made a lot of money from the game and looking to break into FT football or that's coming to the end of their FT managing career. Young surely fits the bill perfectly.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think Wasps1's sources telt him that Young was a nailed-on cert, which probably means that we never even approached him.

I thought Albion denied permission or something similar 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Wilson never managed anyone before Airdrie? Or am I wrong?

To be honest he might not be anywhere near it but looking in from the outside really not sure what you're hoping for as a FT club paying such low wages.

You're needing a guy that's made a lot of money from the game and looking to break into FT football or that's coming to the end of their FT managing career. Young surely fits the bill perfectly.

I don't know if he's made money or not, but he's spent more money and hasn't finished above us in league. 

Archived