Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

2 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Since The National came out, think The Herald have swung to being explicitly pro-Union. Reporter Tom Gordon openly supports it. Worried it'll go down the same route as The Scotsman into irrelevance or full-on zoomery, giving hardline Unionists a platform (like The Scotsman gave Jill Stephenson a piece). Even the Sunday Herald is poor these days - appointing Angela Haggerty as reporter, when what Robert Somynne has said about her and CommonSpace doesn't give me room for optimism about that paper...

FWIW I do like The National and think it gets a bad press because of mistakes it made early in its time, though I accept it could be better.

The Herald has jumped the shark, but I can't see the Sunday Herald lasting much longer. The quality isn't there any more. The Haggerty appointment underlines that I think.

Disagree about The National though. I desperately want to like it because it's not the usual zoomer pish. Seeing it lined up next to the Express makes me grateful it exists. And I do buy it at least once a week. But it isn't the answer. I don't want all my news filtered through a nationalist lens. I just want good writing and the truth. It's really hard – make that impossible – to get that on a newsstand now. 

You don't get truthful political pieces in journalism. Because you don't get the truth out of politics. So all you're left with are different perspectives and you just have to make up your own mind about what you consider to be true and what you consider to be BS. 

You can generally tell when a rag has an agenda however, by the way in which they word their articles.

Take the PA for example - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/sturgeon-refuses-to-name-consultant-who-met-cambridge-analytica-for-snp/ar-AAw3QL8?ocid=spartanntp

"The SNP has not given full answers to questions from opposition leaders."

They're stating this as absolute fact. When the fullness of an answer is subjective at best.

• 1 month later...

Wow. Just wow!

A new low from our resident lunatic.

What does someone's political viewpoint have to do with their choice of life partner or where they own property?

Plenty 'New Scots' vote SNP.

Nicola's husband, my MP & the mother of my kids (three seperate people, obviously!) were born in England. It's only dicks like Phil that like to claim that these people aren't Scottish.

Scottish members of my family own property outside Scotland.

Why does Britnat Phil appera to believe that this is in some way wrong?

2 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Wow. Just wow!

A new low from our resident lunatic.

What does someone's political viewpoint have to do with their choice of life partner or where they own property?

Plenty 'New Scots' vote SNP.

Nicola's husband, my MP & the mother of my kids (three seperate people, obviously!) were born in England. It's only dicks like Phil that like to claim that these people aren't Scottish.

Scottish members of my family own property outside Scotland.

Why does Britnat Phil appera to believe that this is in some way wrong?

Once again the point is missed, if you lot get your wet dream , she's away and were stuck with the shit for years.

Least you forget the last SNP  general is now hanging out with his russian pals.

Edited by philyerboots

Once again the point is missed, if you lot get your wet dream , she's away and were stuck with the shit for years.
Least you forget the last SNP  general is now hanging out with his russian pals.
This is more of a minter than glens minters [emoji33]

35483788_10216302157766145_234722221879197696_n.jpg.e39dcf9e05ca0cfdf45037bcca1a49a6.jpg

I was going to attempt to be funny here but decided against it. Normally I’ll try to be reasonable to Unionists because there’s no point in alienating them and then never being able to persuade them to vote my way.

But I’m going to call you out on this. You sack of shit. What the f**k even is this?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There’s so many people in this country who are blinded by hatred for the SNP, so much so that despite all the genuinely vile things the tories have done they’ll still vote for them. They would still vote for them even if the entire party turned up at their house and actually shat on their doorstep.

Shat on their doorstep.

Because the SNP are nazis and wee jimmy krankie.

IMG_2504.jpg

The picture you’ve posted sums you up. You are a fucking nob, a class clown. Nobody will ever take you seriously because of nonsense like this.

If you are going to take a poke at Scotland’s premier party, the only show in town, then post a picture with a some genuine backbone - maybe a quote of an SNP member lying or something. I mean, according to you guys, they are a bunch of lying nazis right?

Stop behaving like a total imbecile and maybe somebody here will take you seriously.

I was going to attempt to be funny here but decided against it. Normally I’ll try to be reasonable to Unionists because there’s no point in alienating them and then never being able to persuade them to vote my way.

But I’m going to call you out on this. You sack of shit. What the f**k even is this?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There’s so many people in this country who are blinded by hatred for the SNP, so much so that despite all the genuinely vile things the tories have done they’ll still vote for them. They would still vote for them even if the entire party turned up at their house and actually shat on their doorstep.

Shat on their doorstep.

Because the SNP are nazis and wee jimmy krankie.

IMG_2504.jpg.e44428319e07bb178c51c844f0216a04.jpg

The picture you’ve posted sums you up. You are a fucking nob, a class clown. Nobody will ever take you seriously because of nonsense like this.

If you are going to take a poke at Scotland’s premier party, the only show in town, then post a picture with a some genuine backbone - maybe a quote of an SNP member lying or something. I mean, according to you guys, they are a bunch of lying nazis right?

Stop behaving like a total imbecile and maybe somebody here will take you seriously.
Thats a telt. Although I am unsure if Phil is even serious with these pictures. They are so horrendously cringe, without humour, wit or any point to make that I find it hard to believe anyone would present them in a serious way. Nevertheless. Well said sir.

I hope the tone of the No campaign reflects the current disdain of people like Phil and the Tories. Nothing like alienating rather than making a genuine attempt to convince people to vote their way.

It would be good to see someone try to make a case for the retention of the union because ultimately this type of referendum should be about choice not division. It seems clear though that Unionists are running out of spin, or lack the motivation to make it up anymore, whereas I feel compelled not only to vote for potential prosperity but also to avoid the imminent doom associated with Brexit being driven by utter buffoons.

I wonder if any Unionists on here feel like addressing those issues for someone that only recently decided he would be voting yes next time?

8 hours ago, philyerboots said:

35483788_10216302157766145_234722221879197696_n.jpg

It doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Not saying the others you post make sense either but this one especially is quite horrendously bad.

She has and English husband and a villa in Portugal. You've got us with that one :1eye

5 hours ago, philyerboots said:

This is the edited version. :lol:

No better way for Nicoliar to prove that point than make wan o them shag  'er
Probably best you just stick to the pictures tbh.

Also, up at 3-4am in the morning posting that pish? You must have a pitifully lonely existence [emoji38]

10 hours ago, philyerboots said:

No better way for Nicoliar to prove that point than make wan o them shag  'er

10 hours ago, philyerboots said:

:o No wonder you normally only attempt communication through daft pictures.