League 2 Player of the Year

League 2 Player of the Year  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Bobby Linn even had that good a season? He's been anonymous against Clyde when he's not been up against Phil Johnston.

Sutherland for me. Not even close either.

Bobby Linn's a strange one, would have thought McCord or Doris (or even their central defenders) better than him this season.

TOB has been immense for us either in midfield or Defence but I'm not even sure he's Forfar's POTY ( think David Cox myself).

Sutherland's probably likely given the timescale they were thinking about.

Has Bobby Linn even had that good a season? He's been anonymous against Clyde when he's not been up against Phil Johnston.
Sutherland for me. Not even close either.

Doris, McCord and Hamilton all been better. Linn hasn't scored since we beat you 4-0 in November either. Sutherland gets my vote, if he'd stayed fit then there wouldn't even be a contest imo.

I love Bobby Linn, probably one of my favourite Arbroath players of all time and will go down as a club legend. It is absolutely laughable to suggest he should be up for player of the year, he wouldn't even be in the top 5 Arbroath players this season never mind the division as a whole.

This happens every year.  Everyone sees the article or tweet but doesn't read it fully.

It is the PFA Player of the year.  

All votes are made by the players.  So all the players in League 2 have voted these 4 players the best players they face week in and week out or play along side.

The SPFL Player of the year is different.

1 minute ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

This happens every year.  Everyone sees the article or tweet but doesn't read it fully.

All votes are made by the players.  So all the players in League 2 have voted these 4 players the best players they face week in and week out or play along side.

We know the criteria.

I'm not sure why Linn would be considered either. McCord is the best Arbroath player I've seen.

Sutherland would be streets ahead of anyone else though if he hadn't been injured. ToB probably wouldn't be far away if Forfar played him in his best position. Thankfully they haven't Sussed that out yet.

Would ToB really leave Forfar for Arbroath?

47 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

So the players get to vote for any player or do they vote for someone from the shortlist?

50 minutes ago, HeraldSchumacher said:

He'd leave to play for Dick Campbell.

Looking forward to seeing ToB being unveiled as our first summer signing wearing the 'I love Dick' cap mere weeks after our title win.

35 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

So the players get to vote for any player or do they vote for someone from the shortlist?

I'm sure they just vote for who they want as long as its not someone from their own club.

An outside choice for me would be Michael Bolochoweckyj of the Mo fame. Left Clyde rather acrimoniously after being sent off in the play-off final, and sometimes has an error in him, but it's no coincidence that with his signing Montrose have become a far more defensively formidable opponent. Played some absolute blinders against us this season. 

Archived