Scottish Championship Player of the Year Nominations

Jason Cummings; Stephen Dobbie; Ross Forbes; and John McGinn all nominated for Championship player of the year. 

He's a good player but I can't understand why McGinn is in there ahead of Tony Andreu based on the season the 2 players have had.

I'd expect Cummings to win it but I'm glad 'bang average' Ross Forbes has been nominated for an outstanding season from him. Gone off the boil in recent weeks but f*ck knows where we'd be without him. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cummings will probably get it.

Forbes would be my pick though.

Dobbie's in with a shout if he can add 2 or 3 more goals in his last 2 games and finish as top scorer.

McGinn should be nowhere near it. Even though Hibs have won the league, he's not exactly been a shining light for them this season like he was last season. My 4th pick would have been Tam O'Ware to get double figures from Centre Back this season.

A fat, failed mess like Stephen Dobbie getting a POTY nomination ahead of Andreu. :lol:

It's truly a wonder why professional footballers are viewed as being complete and utter simpletons tbh. 

CumDog ftw

I'd like to see either Dobbie or Forbes get it. The former especially is a quality player, and far, far too good for this league.

A Hibs boi will win it though. Not that I have an issue with that.

Genuinely bewildered that Gavin Reilly isn't in there. One of the most gifted strikers of his generation IMO.

If I had to pick from that list is pick dobbie first Cummings second. Andreu has been terrible v falkirk and Forbes hasn't kicked a ball for months. Despite being second in the league I agree no falkirk player should be on it as it's been a team effort this season no real stand out. Sibbald has been our poty imo with ten goals from midfield and some quality play

25 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

Mcginn is there because hes the poster boy for the SFA, he's been bang average. The others on merit. Surely Sibbald deserved a shout.

It's voted on by the players.  Sibbald deserved some recognition which has been Hibs' apparent interest in him. 

Dobbie carries a frankly ridiculous attacking burden for an otherwise terrible side and is probably the only reason we aren't embroiled in a relegation battle. I don't think he should win seeing as you need actually have some team success along with statistical importance. 

28 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Tony Andreu's got 18 goals this season, ridiculous he's not In It.

No it's not.  He's not been a stand out for a side having a sub-standard season.  

Cummings is top scorer for the Champ's, Dobbie is a stand out in a shan side and Morton are having their best season ever.  McGinn must get the vote off fellow pro's because he's hard to play against perhaps?  

I would personally vote Dobbie out the list but out of everyone Big Daz easily - or  Vaughan or Stanton at Dumbarton ;) 

6 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Dobbie carries a frankly ridiculous attacking burden for an otherwise terrible side and is probably the only reason we aren't embroiled in a relegation battle. I don't think he should win seeing as you need actually have some team success along with statistical importance. 

Nah I think he's contributed most to the league overall this season and would be a worth winner.  Cummings or McGinn didn't even get our club POTY. 

Archived