Scottish Championship Player of the Year Nominations

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Caul Back said:

So if Dobbie was playing with Hibs, how many goals would he have put away, and are you saying that, if becomes top scorer in the Championship, he would not be a worth winner

I'm afraid I don't see the point you are trying to make? 

Forbes deserves his nomination, and I think he'd have had a decent shout of winning it had his form not fallen off a cliff recently. Suspect Cummings will win it, McGinn shouldn't be near.

Guest Flash
25 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Dobbie carries a frankly ridiculous attacking burden for an otherwise terrible side and is probably the only reason we aren't embroiled in a relegation battle already relegated. I don't think he should win seeing as you need actually have some team success along with statistical importance. 

Slight amendment.

Would give it to Cummings out of those five. However our 24 goals conceded is far more impressive than our goal scoring and if I was picking it, I'd give it to McGregor who has been our standout player this season.

For folk complaining about Cummings potentially winning it over someone with an equal (probably higher by the end of the season) goal tally at a poorer side, Cummings goals per minute ratio is nearly a half a game better than Dobbie's. Cummings has been dropped for seemingly personal reasons a few times, gets subbed off every time he might score a hatrick and has still scored about a third of our league goals. Even though it's been relatively comfortable in the end, Hibs would've been in a spot of bother quite a few times if Cummings hadn't bailed us out. He's as good a shout as anyone in the league other than McGregor.

Are these things not voted for in about February or something ridiculous like that . Certainly the ones down south are. At the end of the day it's voted on by the pros themself so you can't really complain. Bit surprised mcginn is in it as he's had a bang average season and surely a hibs defender deserved it more. Probably Dobbie deserves it as much ax anyone.

16 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Would give it to Cummings out of those five. However our 24 goals conceded is far more impressive than our goal scoring and if I was picking it, I'd give it to McGregor who has been our standout player this season.

For folk complaining about Cummings potentially winning it over someone with an equal (probably higher by the end of the season) goal tally at a poorer side, Cummings goals per minute ratio is nearly a half a game better than Dobbie's. Cummings has been dropped for seemingly personal reasons a few times, gets subbed off every time he might score a hatrick and has still scored about a third of our league goals. Even though it's been relatively comfortable in the end, Hibs would've been in a spot of bother quite a few times if Cummings hadn't bailed us out. He's as good a shout as anyone in the league other than McGregor.

Defenders rarely get the recognition in this sort of thing. I hope big Darren goes on to be a standout for you next season - he's quality. The one bright spot of that mental summer when Danny Lennon seemed only to sign players from Cowdenbeath for us.

Archived