Relegation Elect vs The Champions

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I left when the booing started, surely people never applauded?

Don't really see your point here, Crawford, McGuffie and Forrest should be top end players in league one, compliment them with the right type of experienced players and I'm sure we would do well.

It's also hardly arrogant, if anyone doesn't want to be here then f**k them. I imagine it's a dig given some of them checked out weeks ago. I'm also glad to hear the likes of Harkins will be facing a hellish pre season. If McCall manages to get him fit again then he'll be the best player in league one. Probably won't though tbf.

I don't think either Forrest or Crawford particularly stood out at league 1 level last year, maybe FT training will change that but I'm not convinced. It just seems to me that it's going to be a bit of half-arsed attempt of FT football, much like Airdrie.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think some of you would be surprised regarding Devlin. He is/was quite happy to stay but as of yet hasn't been offered a new contract which I find quite weird. 

Someone on one of the Ayr Facebook pages says Devlin told him after the match he was away to Dundee Utd next season.

Pinch of salt and all that.

I don't think either Forrest or Crawford particularly stood out at league 1 level last year, maybe FT training will change that but I'm not convinced. It just seems to me that it's going to be a bit of half-arsed attempt of FT football, much like Airdrie.

That's true, both were poor last year.

To be honest, Crawford should do well out wide in league one. Forrest would need to show something in pre season to get in the side before him or McGuffie.

I guess we'll see soon enough, but would like to think we wouldn't be as awful as Airdrie next year!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That's true, both were poor last year.

To be honest, Crawford should do well out wide in league one. Forrest would need to show something in pre season to get in the side before him or McGuffie.

I guess we'll see soon enough, but would like to think we wouldn't be as awful as Airdrie next year!

I heard a wee rumour that McCall was looking at Willie Gibson in January so don't be surprised to see us make a move for him. I dream of having two proper take on your man and beat them wingers next season. 

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Someone on one of the Ayr Facebook pages says Devlin told him after the match he was away to Dundee Utd next season.

Pinch of salt and all that.

Yeah I've also heard the Dundee United rumour aswell as the well documented Hearts interest. He's recently bought a house in Ayr with his misses so may not want to have to move. I realise I'm clutching at a massive bunch of straws here. 

I heard a wee rumour that McCall was looking at Willie Gibson in January so don't be surprised to see us make a move for him. I dream of having two proper take on your man and beat them wingers next season. 

Gibson is seaside league shite.

Good luck dealing with him, and his family member who posts on here.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We are seaside league shite so it's a perfect match. 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I hope he's impossible to deal with, he's an over the hill piece of shite rather than a tricky winger now.

I really can't believe that McCall can stand there and talk like he'll definitely be there next season after the shite he's forced the fans to watch this season

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

I hope he's impossible to deal with, he's an over the hill piece of shite rather than a tricky winger now.

I really can't believe that McCall can stand there and talk like he'll definitely be there next season after the shite he's forced the fans to watch this season

The sad reality is his job is the safest in Scottish football. Only after 3 years of shite under Mark Roberts did Lachlan Cameron finally intervene and get rid. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aw naw! That's my season ruined. Guess there's no point in us finding a replacement for our 6th season in the Championship.

Don't get wide or we'll be taking more of your prize assets.

We are Ayr United, Appreciate us. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Aw naw! That's my season ruined. Guess there's no point in us finding a replacement for our 6th season in the Championship.

Wouldn't be surprised if you pilfered one or two from Ayr tbh.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Wouldn't be surprised if you pilfered one or two from Ayr tbh.

I think they'll be looking for players with more baws than 90% of ours.

Horrible stuff today - but utterly predictable.

I travelled down with the tiny hope of some big performance, to keep us going for another week. Never on the cards.

Hibs strolled it. Very little fight, and generally the same ineffective fare that I've seen throughout the season (7 games I've made and dumbarton away the only real positive (actually ridiculously positive) moment).

We are so lumbered as a team. Too many old and out of shape players who play with no tempo. No threat up front. And plenty of careless sloppiness - even when teetering on the brink of relegation.

Harkins undoubtedly the biggest failure, and he doesn't seem to give a f**k. Whether McCall stays or goes I don't really care right now.

I hate the way this game makes you feel sometimes.

Archived