Match Highlights - Auchinleck 0-1 Glenafton 'Lite version'

Killiepiyo

Easy Connor Lynass - just the 6 Talbot players you made look like statues wee man. And as for big Andy Leishman, he was no where near keeping that out.. superb young man!  Strike deserving of winning a top of table clash.

would be interesting to see the early elbow on Lynass and also is it peewee you called him, his injury too?   Never had good enough view of them to comment on those, but would be interesting to see again.

Ally doesn't give ref an option I don't think, having seen it again.  Studs up a bit, in all fairness tho he wins the ball and your guy makes most of it.  Which I hate in the game, honesty is lost to many on the pitch, as the boy didn't even need Physio on.  But rolled about like he'd been seriously injured.

Oh what a goal. Talbot be afraid be very afraid [emoji23]. The lad is also good on his left. [emoji6] ( but that's a secret [emoji851]

Tbh Glens overwhelmingly the better team last night. Can't fault their style of play. Saw a few chinks in their armour that am sure Tucker will have seen aswell.

Talbot did look tired after the weekend game at against Lithgae.

The Talbot lads will know what they have to do for the next meeting. It'll be the case of who wants it more.

Tbh Glens overwhelmingly the better team last night. Can't fault their style of play. Saw a few chinks in their armour that am sure Tucker will have seen aswell.

Talbot did look tired after the weekend game at against Lithgae.

The Talbot lads will know what they have to do for the next meeting. It'll be the case of who wants it more.

Whole different ball game in June. Just hope both team put on an entertaining cup final for us all. Just need to wait and see who turns up [emoji471]

If it's like any other Junior Cup Final it'll all be about the result, not how it's achieved. To be honest I can't see us re-enacting the 1992 Final on it's 25th anniversary, although it would be nice.

The Glens play a nice style of fitba, and to be honest you'd never have noticed that they played the last quarter of the game with ten men as we had no plan "B"

We played some really nice stuff in the first half but the killer touch was lacking. So disappointed to see us revert to type in the second half when we really should have made at least something from the extra man.

If we play like we did in the first half it could be an excellent Final as there's no point at all in playing the long ball down the channels for Wilson and Milliken to chase on plastic - they'll just run out of play.

We do need to address our lack of goalscoring though before then. It's okay winning 1-0, but unfortunately Glenafton didn't read the script and took the lead to which we had no answer. It's great having  astrong defence but good goal though the Glen's one was it only happened because we backed off and let him do so. Nobody saw fit to put a tackle in, and it was shocking defending rather than a superb goal that saw Gelnafton get all three points.

Hope we have a decent, fit, squad for the Final or we will be really struggling.

Ibut good goal though the Glen's one was it only happened because we backed off and let him do so. Nobody saw fit to put a tackle in, and it was shocking defending rather than a superb goal that saw Gelnafton get all three points.

Go swing from the rafters, that was a sublime effort from a young lad. And if he's playing in the final ( we have such a strong squad)

That lad will leave your defenders chasing shadows [emoji6]

They didn't back off. They just didn't see him, Zoooooooom [emoji23][emoji23]

The Clyde, Auchinleck, Queen's Park, etc... rejects, (that Auchinleck fans were quick to remind) are having an excellent season thus far at Glenafton. I think Glenafton done a talbotesque job on them last night. They didn't play exceptional but seemed to be comfortable getting over the finish line last night. Which has been a trait of Auchinleck for years and still is.
I also still think Auchinleck are perhaps still underestimating Glenafton a bit and maybe not giving them credit they deserve.
Anyway should still be an exciting end to league season and hopefully a good cup final.

The Clyde, Auchinleck, Queen's Park, etc... rejects, (that Auchinleck fans were quick to remind) are having an excellent season thus far at Glenafton. I think Glenafton done a talbotesque job on them last night. They didn't play exceptional but seemed to be comfortable getting over the finish line last night. Which has been a trait of Auchinleck for years and still is.
I also still think Auchinleck are perhaps still underestimating Glenafton a bit and maybe not giving them credit they deserve.
Anyway should still be an exciting end to league season and hopefully a good cup final.

I kinda of see a bit of a Beithesq type view on this comment. Same remarks were getting said about them at this time last season hmmm ????

Yes they did my friend. As did Hurlford and the me££a(league titles) who all had an outstanding seasons but then......consistency let them down.

If they do win the Cup/League and that's a big chance then let's see if they can maintain that run. Hats off to them if they can[emoji122]

Archived