Match Highlights - Auchinleck 0-1 Glenafton 'Lite version'

Killiepiyo

Just took in Talbot v Glens game , Glens No6 tackle shocker straight red. That's the type of tackle the player should be banned as long as it takes the injured player to recover. The Glens goal was s cracker but Talbot stood off as he ran past 4 players.

Just took in Talbot v Glens game , Glens No6 tackle shocker straight red. That's the type of tackle the player should be banned as long as it takes the injured player to recover. The Glens goal was s cracker but Talbot stood off as he ran past 4 players.

It was more than 4 and gave the keeper no chance, [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

And yes it was a bad tackle [emoji17]

5 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Well that means Ally should have saw out the rest of the game then, and not miss any subsequent matches.  Why you ask?  As the Talbot player rolled about til Ally got the red then stood up without any sort of treatment what so ever and played on.  

Im in no way condoning his tackle, as at first I thought harsh, but in seeing it again it was overzealous and reckless, with potential to have been a right sore injury despite fact he wins the ball it was studs up and off ground so a straight red every day of the week.

What about Talbot fans screaming for a red for the challenge on Hyslop?  When he caught studs in turf and leg buckled under him with no challenge even made on him.  I really do wish the big lad all the best, and hope it's not too serious. 

5 hours ago, TFW said:

If it's like any other Junior Cup Final it'll all be about the result, not how it's achieved. To be honest I can't see us re-enacting the 1992 Final on it's 25th anniversary, although it would be nice.

The Glens play a nice style of fitba, and to be honest you'd never have noticed that they played the last quarter of the game with ten men as we had no plan "B"

We played some really nice stuff in the first half but the killer touch was lacking. So disappointed to see us revert to type in the second half when we really should have made at least something from the extra man.

If we play like we did in the first half it could be an excellent Final as there's no point at all in playing the long ball down the channels for Wilson and Milliken to chase on plastic - they'll just run out of play.

We do need to address our lack of goalscoring though before then. It's okay winning 1-0, but unfortunately Glenafton didn't read the script and took the lead to which we had no answer. It's great having  astrong defence but good goal though the Glen's one was it only happened because we backed off and let him do so. Nobody saw fit to put a tackle in, and it was shocking defending rather than a superb goal that saw Gelnafton get all three points.

Hope we have a decent, fit, squad for the Final or we will be really struggling.

It was a superb goal and a great piece of skill from the young lad, your defence didnt back of him , they couldnt get near him ,  it was a goal worthy of winning any game and he has scored very similar goals for us.

Well that means Ally should have saw out the rest of the game then, and not miss any subsequent matches.  Why you ask?  As the Talbot player rolled about til Ally got the red then stood up without any sort of treatment what so ever and played on.  
Im in no way condoning his tackle, as at first I thought harsh, but in seeing it again it was overzealous and reckless, with potential to have been a right sore injury despite fact he wins the ball it was studs up and off ground so a straight red every day of the week.
What about Talbot fans screaming for a red for the challenge on Hyslop?  When he caught studs in turf and leg buckled under him with no challenge even made on him.  I really do wish the big lad all the best, and hope it's not too serious. 

As a neutral I genuinely thought it was a leg breaker. As for the points you mentioned I only took in the highlights on YouTube. I can't comment on anything else.

Great driving run for the goal taking advantage of the defensive hesitancy. A lot of players would have anticipated a challenge and passed the ball but he was very alert and responsive to the situation.

Park's challenge was dreadful. One of those that goes beyond a trip or a tactical foul and could seriously damage the opponent. The ball was certainly there to be won but that doesn't give players licence to go in like that.  At least he accepted the red without complaint. 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Great driving run for the goal taking advantage of the defensive hesitancy. A lot of players would have anticipated a challenge and passed the ball but he was very alert and responsive to the situation.

Park's challenge was dreadful. One of those that goes beyond a trip or a tactical foul and could seriously damage the opponent. The ball was certainly there to be won but that doesn't give players licence to go in like that.  At least he accepted the red without complaint. 

He also apologised to his opponent as soon as it happened.

I think Ally knew himself it was a bad one.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

The camera angle is the only let-down with the footage. I know the pillars on the stand obstruct the view but there must be another way of positioning the camera, e.g halfway up the stand.

I have in the past looked at filming from higher up in the stand ( and KP has probably found out as well )  it is actually more restrictive for clear viewing and where the two of us film from is an ideal position , sorry if it is a let down with the footage, i do my best and if you want to give it a go i dont think anyone would complain.

I have in the past looked at filming from higher up in the stand ( and KP has probably found out as well )  it is actually more restrictive for clear viewing and where the two of us film from is an ideal position , sorry if it is a let down with the footage, i do my best and if you want to give it a go i dont think anyone would complain.

It's not the footage itself - which is excellent from both of you. I did try to stress that. I just don't think the limitations of the shallow camera angle does it justice.

Sure we can agree shallow is better than no footage haha. The pillars mess up the focus at the top and unfortunately there is not enough room halfway up for the tripod and u would get in folks way/folk in front of the camera. Other side is not an option as the dug outs/folk obstruct the view. The BBC folk experienced the same issue when they filmed the semi final. 

The planned developments at the ground may offer opportunity in future but I'm perfectly happy with the current results from where I film from. Just need to get better with the focus at the higher frame rate I'm using this season, u lose some light I think giving the shutter priority, making the focusing harder... but the slow motion is so much better/clearer

Archived