Famous people who have fallen out with you

Flybhoy

29 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I ended up in company with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol in Oran Mor one boozy night.
He was getting a round in and I said I'd take a JD and Coke.
He looked me up and down and said naw.
So I returned to my place at the bar and got the barman to add my drink to the order.
Told Gary 'cheers for the drink and your bands still shite. Cheers.'

I went to school with Gary and he was a top bloke. Although you're not wrong about his music. 

My own one .... when Gregory Tade was still at Stranraer, I added him as a friend on Facebook (I think alcohol might have played a part in my actions). He sent me a message the next day basically saying "Who are you?", and I apologised and told him I was a Stranraer fan. To my surprise, he then accepted my request, and even more suprisingly, a while later, initiated another FB chat with me.

He was giving me the usual platitudes about how great the fans were, but also telling me why he was a bit disillusioned with the club and giving me other tidbits of gossip. For my part, I was impressing him with pidgin French, telling him that I have one sister and my hobbies (I probably did type the phrase, "je joue au football aussi!" at some point). 

But when he hit the big time (went to St Johnstone) he deleted me as a friend on Facebook. :bairn:bairn:bairn

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at school and long before Rangers had Auchenhowie, they used to train at the pitches at Jordanhill College occasionally.  We were up there watching when John Brown cleared a ball that came bouncing our way, which we instantly decided to steal.

What we hadn't noticed was Ian Ferguson coming back from nipping behind some bushes for a pish.  I managed to dodge round about him, which prompted him to call me a "little c*nt", my mate ran right into him and got a boot in the hole for his troubles.

Gregor Fisher, knob. Tried to be curtious as he was with his missus. He gave me a full blown tirade in reply.

Rozalla. Backed into her singing on the edge of a dancefloor in a Perth nightclub, was out ma nut and thought it was a record playing. The utter professional that she is, she scowled and kept singing. Her security on the other hand..

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Gregor Fisher, knob. Tried to be curtious as he was with his missus. He gave me a full blown tirade in reply.

Rozalla. Backed into her singing on the edge of a dancefloor in a Perth nightclub, was out ma nut and thought it was a record playing. The utter professional that she is, she scowled and kept singing. Her security on the other hand..

I was there that night Rozalla played in Perth. 1991 I think at shenanigans....was called something different then though.

Wasn't me but remember walking down the Kings road in London back in 1998 when Tim Henman came walking out a of a shop. A lad behind me shouted "Tim Henman!".......which the smile on his face suggested he was delighted at being recognised......but the "what a w****r!" that immediately followed it nearly brought him to tears. 

Phil Cunningham

A German friend of mine and I saw him play at a small music festival in Durness, and upon seeing him standing outside, she said "I went to see you play in Munich!". His response was a tut and the most disinterested "did you now" before turning his back and walking away. He must have heard my description of him as "an arsehole" to merit the additional attention we received.

Shortly before I moved to Switzerland I had a final bevvy session that started in The Basement on Byres Road. At some point during the evening, Charlie Mulgrew came in with a few friends. While standing at the bar I thanked him for coming to my leaving do. He told me to f**k off.

Clint Boon called me a cheeky little c**t, in a bar in Edinburgh circa 2000/2001. His band at the time(Clint Boon Experience) had been playing and I can't for the life of me remember what I said to merit the response, but I probably deserved it.

1 hour ago, HMFC Mitchy said:

Iggy pop ran into the back of me when I was working security at Evolution Festival in Newcastle, then shouted at me for being in the way. 

Old saggy dickhead.

Is that what he shouted at you?

29 minutes ago, sjc said:

I was there that night Rozalla played in Perth. 1991 I think at shenanigans....was called something different then though.

That's the one. Felt like a complete fanny... more than usual :lol:

I'd seen her a year or 2 before at an all nighter in the city hall.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Murdo Fraser took offence to me calling him a stupid c**t in Perth city centre.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I'd say most self respecting adults would take offence to being called a stupid c**t.

Murdo Fraser does not fall into the category Self Respecting Adult,

he is 100% in the category Stupid c**t

I wasn't specifically talking about Murdo Fraser its just people often share celebrity encounters and say they went up to them and said something rude and were surprised that the celebrity reacted aggressively. The Martin Waghorn case of late was a prime example of this.

Archived