Famous people who have fallen out with you

Flybhoy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Brown once told me (and a few other Hamilton Accies fans) to GTF after being substituted while playing for Dundee at Dens Park in the mid-80s. Didn't appear to appreciate being called an Accies reject. Other than that nothing much to report on this.

A mate of mine who was an actor in London was having a pish in the pub toilet after the show. A punter tapped him on the shoulder saying "Heh, aren't you such and such?" He turned round pishing on his shoes booming Brian Blessed style "Yes I am!".

Gordon Dalziel was raging with me when I published an edited interview (potential defamation case) with him before he could see the changes.

I explained to him on the phone that I was naive to such protocols what with not being an actual journalist and he was fine about it.

I've to buy him a pint next time I see him.

On the other side of the coin, Idlewild annoyed me when they had tea and biscuits backstage instead of enough free drugs to kill Charlie Sheen.

On 4/26/2017 at 15:48, Ya Bezzer! said:

The other notable one was I did a little bit of amateur journalism in my late teens/early twenties.  Someone wangled an interview with Billy Connolly and I was assigned it for a college paper.  They were doing some location filming in Motherwell and I went down to get the interview.  I was shown on to a catering bus to do the interview by some kind of PA and then Billy comes in.  He asks the PA who the interview is for and I tell him it's a college paper and then Billy just throws some mad tantrum!  "I FUCKING HATE STUDENTS! GO f**k YOURSELF! GET TO f**k!" and then storms off the bus.  The PA is very apologetic and says she will find someone else from the cast. 

I suspect we're not exactly the same age but my 'Connolly' story is the opposite.  My mate was a 'cub reporter' on the Wishaw Press and he and I went to see Billy's gig at the then Stag Hotel in about 1976. Not only was his set astounding but he spent a full 30 mins being interviewed after...a total gent.  Mind you, he wasn't famous then.

OT..I've never fallen out with a famous person but I did get a knock back from Virginia Bottomley when I was between wives.

58 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

On the other side of the coin, Idlewild annoyed me when they had tea and biscuits backstage instead of enough free drugs to kill Charlie Sheen.

Can only presume this was after Mad Dog Bob left the group?

On 26/04/2017 at 23:55, anotherchance said:

Charlie Miller put his fag out on my jacket (while I was wearing it) in the Mardi Gras in Dundee, circa 2001.

Prompted by me calling him a fucking fat tink.

No regrets.

I've had a run in with Charlie Miller, didn't think it warranted a post on a thread for celebrities.

Also not really a celebrity but the McStay c**t that managed East Fife, he squared up to me outside the Bayview bar some time in the 90s. He got dragged away from board members, before he got a kicking obviously. 

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

I was treated to the sound of him being violently sick while I was waiting to take a piss in a club in London once.

To be fair it probably sounded better than his attempts at playing Marillion material live back in the 2000s when his voice was fucked.

I rather drunkenly annoyed ivano bonetti in a takeaway in Edinburgh when he was at dundee. He didnt take too kindly to being called "the dens park dobber with the fancy clobber"

I saw Fish (Derek Dick IIRC) at the Tarlair Music Festival back in the 90's I think. He seemed very pissed off when I told him I didn't really want to see him I was there to really see Jethro Tull!

Years ago when I was in Ibiza I ended up chatting to carl barat from the libertines.

Carl was absolutely blootered and talking nonsense. At the time he was with his band dirty pretty things and he ended up joking with me that Steve-o from jackass was joining his band as a drummer. At that point I said 'aye right' and walked away as he was so fucked.

He then turned to all my mates and told them I'd just fallen for his story that Steve-o was joining his band and had to endure the rest of the night being taken the piss out of despite how much I explained what had actually happened.

Archived