Famous people who have fallen out with you

Flybhoy

Dont know if he counts as famous but former Dundee and Clyde footballer/nonentity Eddie Annand called me a w****r on facebook then blocked after I made a jokey comment on a mutual friends status about Rangers dying in 2012.

Guitarist Jules Gizzi from Glasgow rock band GUN wasnt too happy with a very drunk me when I met him at a Celtic match a few years ago and mistakenly called him Dante (his brother who plays bass and sings) in an alcohol fuelled slip of the tongue.

Which famous/not very famous people have you offended or annoyed?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Dont know if he counts as famous but former Dundee and Clyde footballer/nonentity Eddie Annand called me a w****r on facebook then blocked after I made a jokey comment on a mutual friends status about Rangers dying in 2012.

Guitarist Jules Gizzi from Glasgow rock band GUN wasnt too happy with a very drunk me when I met him at a Celtic match a few years ago and mistakenly called him Dante (his brother who plays bass and sings) in an alcohol fuelled slip of the tongue.

I'm surprised he's the only one.

At Vicki's in Glasgow some time in the mid 90s, a disco dancing Noddy Holder from Slade told me to f**k off. The only thing I can remember saying to attract such venom was, "Oh, you're Noddy Holder from Slade."

There'll come a time when he'll be thankful for the reminder. 

Later that year in a Newcastle night club, Philippe Albert also told me to f**k off, probably having heard of my run-in with Noddy Holder from Slade. 

I once spotted Jim Leighton and called him an old bandy b*****d in the supermarket car park next to Forthbank before a Stirling v Meadowbank game when half jaiked. I still feel a bit ashamed about it... 

Jim McLean attacked me at Stark's park after united beat Raith in the league cup back in the eighties. My friend passed a comment, as he walked by the enclosure,about United's boring style pass backs to keeper from half way line. (Thank god that rule was changed) Anyway, he took exception to the comment and started ranting and raving whilst poking me in the chest as he thought I had said it. As he poked my chest I was able to catch his finger. I told him to f**k off or I'd break it. I was bending his finger right back when the police came along and huckled him away. He was like a rabid dog as he has lead down the tunnel. He was a scary sight. Sometimes being a neutral at a match goes wrong.

Tony Robinson wasn't too impressed when I asked him what he was filming in a pub I drink in.  He was even less impressed when he overheard me calling him an arsehole.  

Some ginger actor, who was apparently in River City, threatened to have me thrown out of the Sports Cafe after I told him to stop trying to chat up my then girlfriend.

I annoyed Henrik Larsson when I said there was no way he could cure depression*.

*didn't actually happen but can't be any more bullshit than your stories in the OP and just generally through your various P+B aliases.

Outside Celtic Park after the Stillian Petrov charity game, Glasvegas front man James Allan was signing autographs when someone asked me who he was. I loudly proclaimed that he was in a band that had one good song, which prompted him to call me an ugly little b*****d.

After getting off the bus, SAF came bounding over to me all aggressive up at a pre season up at east fife 1995, after I mouthed off about Ince, Kanchelskis and Hughes being hooked, he starting slavvering pish about some young lads he was bringing in, think I was in the wrong like

I ended up in company with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol in Oran Mor one boozy night.
He was getting a round in and I said I'd take a JD and Coke.
He looked me up and down and said naw.
So I returned to my place at the bar and got the barman to add my drink to the order.
Told Gary 'cheers for the drink and your bands still shite. Cheers.'

Yes. But I was always told to tell the truth.

That's fair enough but the way people tell stories about celebrities is as though going up to them and offending them one way or another is funny and that the celebrity is at fault for taking offence to them. I hear stories like this all the time.

I was at one of the band Skid Row's aftershow parties in the early '90s and was talking to the drummer and one of the guitarists. The whole band were there except for some reason the singer Sebastian Bach, who it seemed every self-declared "rock chick" had the hots for at that time.

A half-cut wee burd came up to us and asked excitedly "Where's Sebastian?!"

I laughed and said "You must spend half your career being asked that question..."

Bit close to the truth apparently. Guitar player stormed off in a huff - drummer thought it was funny as f**k though.

Archived