The Famous Aberdeen v St Johnstone

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With us assisting the reward of 4th spot getting a Europa League slot, I think Saints will be determined to keep ahead of Hearts.

I can see this one being a draw, which if I'm not mistaken, would be our first since Saints were here last time.

In an ideal world we'd go to Tynecastle 12 points clear of Sevco, though.

Saints will be 4-5-1 as, like the McDiarmid meeting, we only have one striker available. Cummins returns from his ban but MacLean is suspended. Wouldn't be surprised if Millar miraculously starts the game after a few weeks confined to the bench but plenty of competition in midfield with everyone fit and available.

The level of involvement Mannus and Scobbie have will probably tell us a lot about their futures.

Maclean's an arsehole so no surprises he's ended up suspended. Great player though. Ach, difficult to get too excited about this one, obviously want a win to try and cement second. If we get it wrapped up, I'd like to see some of the fringe players get a run out. Wright, Ross and other youth players deserve a chance. Likewise, Storey and Stockley, etc need to show why they should stay for next year. Not yet though, need a couple more wins under our belt. 

If this game was later in the season I'd be advocating chucking the game, if it meant StJ could catch the ****!

6 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

I'd love to see Saints in Europe ahead of the diets, but I'd rather we finished as many points as possible ahead of Triggers Broom.

I'll go 2-1 Dandies. Hayes with the winner coz he's fucking brilliant.

What kind of reaction will Swanson get from the saints fans?

Who?

the timing of the old firm is quite good from dons perspective.

if news of rangers dropping points filters through to the fans and players after 2pm on saturday that should be the boost to go and start the game at 100mph to try and seal second spot

Swanson's decision to announce he's leaving us, right before we start a run of important games, has likely shafted TWs plans for this. I suspect Swanson would've been central behind Cummins. Now? f**k knows.

I'd happily see him play if he'd play to a high standard, but I'm entirely unconvinced he has any focus towards us now, especially since his social media is over run with him talking about Hibs.

Clark and Anderson should come straight in. Muzz will come in too.

Clark

Foster - Ando - Shaughnessy - Easton

Alston - Paton - Davidson - Craig

Wotherspoon

Cummins

Or some variation on that, would seem likely.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

How very fucking dare you!!

Macca is the man EVERY Saints fan wants their kids to be. Magnificent human being. 

He's done the GIRFUY to the crowd after he scores, and then claims he does it to his dad! No paternal respect! He's a very angry boy on the park too. Still, cup-winning goalscorer though. I'd be gay for Macca if I were yous too. 

He's done the GIRFUY to the crowd after he scores, and then claims he does it to his dad! No paternal respect! He's a very angry boy on the park too. Still, cup-winning goalscorer though. I'd be gay for Macca if I were yous too. 

I'm with tam, I always liked Maclean at the dons, a rare plus point of a horrible managerial tenure.

TBF he does it after almost every goal, when he's not kung fu kicking corner flags or elbowing Stevie May in the face.

Probably more than once, but I'd guess he's meaning in the cup final.

Anyway, tough game, but I see no reason to be overly worried. Del will do what's right and see us back down the road with a point. 0-0 or 1-1 Which will be fine for both after the lunchtime hilarity.

Archived