Forfar vs Cowdenbeath

I agree that Dick should have been given more time, though I wouldn't have given him much more time. Bollan would certainly not have been my choice, the obvious choice was a legendary player who was already on the staff but he's now showing our board their mistake by guiding another coastal Angus team to better days.
Dick is doing a fine job at Arbroath and is driven to do so by his sacking from us, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd moved on under his own volition or retired at the end of last season. We certainly did Arbroath a favour by making a fired up and revigourated Fester.

Let's hope Stirling are determined that Arbroath won't be crowned on their pitch and we turn up against Annan for hopefully our last game against them this season.
Last night on here I wished Cowdenbeath well but given the hate and bile that's come from their supporters since I'm not so sure I do wish them survival anymore. It was a huge game yesterday but it was huge for both clubs, Forfar were no angels but Cowden weren't either, I couldn't be there yesterday but I've been there many times before and the home support have been one of the least welcoming and ungraceful set of supporters I've experienced. The majority of their comments on this forum hasn't changed my opinion.

Your manager and subs bench helped get one of our players sent off in one of the biggest matches of the season. I apologise for us Cowden fans not offering cuddles to Forfar fans for losing top spot.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree that Dick should have been given more time, though I wouldn't have given him much more time. Bollan would certainly not have been my choice, the obvious choice was a legendary player who was already on the staff but he's now showing our board their mistake by guiding another coastal Angus team to better days.
Dick is doing a fine job at Arbroath and is driven to do so by his sacking from us, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd moved on under his own volition or retired at the end of last season. We certainly did Arbroath a favour by making a fired up and revigourated Fester.

Let's hope Stirling are determined that Arbroath won't be crowned on their pitch and we turn up against Annan for hopefully our last game against them this season.
Last night on here I wished Cowdenbeath well but given the hate and bile that's come from their supporters since I'm not so sure I do wish them survival anymore. It was a huge game yesterday but it was huge for both clubs, Forfar were no angels but Cowden weren't either, I couldn't be there yesterday but I've been there many times before and the home support have been one of the least welcoming and ungraceful set of supporters I've experienced. The majority of their comments on this forum hasn't changed my opinion.

Read any interview with DC and he says that he'll be a manager till the day he drops.

A direct quote from an interview in December.....

'“I’m not in football to stabilise clubs; it’s championships that excite me. When I lose a game I’m worse than ever. The taste of defeat I hate more than ever.

“And okay I’ve had cancer but what else apart from football am I going to do? I’m not a shopper. The garden? I like lying in it, don’t much fancy 
digging it. I like golf but there’s only so many games you can play. I love looking after my six grandchildren but I also like giving them back. So am I going to spend my Saturdays wandering round Dobbie’s? Sorry but I don’t think so.

“I can’t see me retiring. I can’t see me ever walking away from football. Football will leave me. But the only way it will do that is if it takes my life.”

Anyway, despite all your doom and gloom it's still all to play for and you've still got a good chance. It's good knowing that you HAVE to win next weekend though. We could get away with any result bar a hiding if you don't.

I look forward to the (not really) drama next weekend.

First and maybe only time I'll see a last day helicopter decider!!!

Not there...statement based on hearsay. Bitter taste of failure bringing out sweeping opinions. Who cares what your distant online ramblings are anyway?

possibly our easiest four games this season were against the now second-placed team in League 2. Bollans team's very predictable and easy to play through. Hell even Heggie managed to thump Farfir and he's waaaaaaaaaash!! :thumsup2

Absolute bottlers. Bollan should of played Lister and Cox up top, and not wasted Cox wide. Milne was non existent, Malone awful, TOB good as always.

Congrats to Arbroath no chance they are losing next week. We won't go up through the play offs either, so Bollan has to go after bottling it this much....

39 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

You couldn't be there? Well if you had you'd have been ashamed of your team and management.

Forfar supporters were fine during the game. Spoke to some of them at half time they weren't best pleased with the performance of their team. That was before the referee was conned by Cox again!( if you watch Forfar regularly you'll know exactly what I mean ) and terrible behaviour of the Forfar bench. Until then the Ref really had been OK.

Wasn't expecting a Cowden win, just hoping for a good performance. Well we got that and without the sending  off it could easily have been a home win.

Arbroath were in the same position last week, a win was a must for them, but we never anything close to what we got from Forfar

or any other team this season.

i'm so pleased that Arbroath have won this (never thought I'd say that) and really hope Forfar get nowhere in the playoffs.

Special thanks to Lewis and Tam who did their best to help us yesterday. Adam hasn't changed, can be a good keeper (at times!) but definitely has a screw loose.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Read any interview with DC and he says that he'll be a manager till the day he drops.

'“I’m not in football to stabilise clubs; it’s championships that excite me. When I lose a game I’m worse than ever. The taste of defeat I hate more than ever.

“And okay I’ve had cancer but what else apart from football am I going to do? I’m not a shopper. The garden? I like lying in it, don’t much fancy 
digging it. I like golf but there’s only so many games you can play. I love looking after my six grandchildren but I also like giving them back. So am I going to spend my Saturdays wandering round Dobbie’s? Sorry but I don’t think so.

“I can’t see me retiring. I can’t see me ever walking away from football. Football will leave me. But the only way it will do that is if it takes my life.”

Anyway, despite all your doom and gloom it's still all to play for and you've still got a good chance. It's good knowing that you HAVE to win next weekend though. We could get away with any result bar a hiding if you don't.

Really pleased for Arbroath, don't even dislike DC as much any more. Enjoy your day on Saturday.

Well done and good luck for next season.

1 minute ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Absolute bottlers. Bollan should of played Lister and Cox up top, and not wasted Cox wide. Milne was non existent, Malone awful, TOB good as always.

Congrats to Arbroath no chance they are losing next week. We won't go up through the play offs either, so Bollan has to go after bottling it this much....

Not accepting any congratulations thanks,a draw for us and Forfar win would see the title go to Forfar and i don't think Stirling are just gonna lie down at home against us so we'll just see what happens on Saturday first although i can appreciate how pee'd of the Forfar fans are at the moment.Don't know if my ticker is gonna survive Saturday though.:)

Really pleased for Arbroath, don't even dislike DC as much any more. Enjoy your day on Saturday.
 Well done and good luck for next season.

Cheers mate. I'll either enjoy it or be scunnered for a lifetime.

Actually hope Cowden stay up too if it's at the expense of Berwick, afterall Shielfield is just as bad as Central and Centrals a better away day out on the bevy.

Good luck next week.

Your manager and subs bench helped get one of our players sent off in one of the biggest matches of the season. I apologise for us Cowden fans not offering cuddles to Forfar fans for losing top spot.

This makes me forgive Forfar for fucking up the pre planned plan of attack.

1 hour ago, Yellow Feet said:

This makes me forgive Forfar for fucking up the pre planned plan of attack.

Good to see Mummy's let you play on the internet, where you been the last 2 month's Vince Sinclair was looking for you:lol:

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

1320, I'll dignify your response with a reply (I always will as you're alright), I remember that interview when Dick gave it just after he became your gaffer. Typical  of him and that's why I still like him.  He did, however, consider retiring when he was with us when he had his cancer and it was rumoured he would at the end of last season had AD not sacked him. But Dick being the character he is he has reacted by being indignant.

1 hour ago, tbsouth said:

Really....do tell more?? :)

I don't know anything about yesterday's events but I heard recently, from a very reliable source within the club, that Central Park is by far the most unwelcoming board room in Scotland. No doubt the reaction from our bench, justified or not, was part of it. The highlights didn't show it clear enough to judge but it looked wild and the bench had by far the best view. Reasonable to assume had it been the reverse the other bench would have reacted similarly. Players, staff and supporters alike over react all the time, we've been victims many times ourselves. If it wasn't a red card well so be it, if it was then job done. That's football whether we like it or not. I don't like that part but i am as guilty as the next guy (even this morning at my son's match).

Guest bernardblack

We need to stop going on about Campbell being sacked, over a year ago.

It's not the ideal situation given our start to the season, but every single fan would've taken being a point of top with a game to go if it was offered at the start of the season.

Now we need to stay positive and focus on beating Annan, whilst praying Arbroath slip up

I don't know anything about yesterday's events but I heard recently, from a very reliable source within the club, that Central Park is by far the most unwelcoming board room in Scotland. No doubt the reaction from our bench, justified or not, was part of it. The highlights didn't show it clear enough to judge but it looked wild and the bench had by far the best view. Reasonable to assume had it been the reverse the other bench would have reacted similarly. Players, staff and supporters alike over react all the time, we've been victims many times ourselves. If it wasn't a red card well so be it, if it was then job done. That's football whether we like it or not. I don't like that part but i am as guilty as the next guy (even this morning at my son's match).

It never, it was in December just after we beat you. :lol:

IMG_1493575032.290020.jpg

We need to stop going on about Campbell being sacked, over a year ago.

It's not the ideal situation given our start to the season, but every single fan would've taken being a point of top with a game to go if it was offered at the start of the season.

Now we need to stay positive and focus on beating Annan, whilst praying Arbroath slip up

Exactly.Hope for a miracle Sat and if not focus on playoffs.Plenty time for post mortems later.For what it's worth i think we would have been relegated with DC still in charge.He may have got us back up but who knows and who cares.Loons go ahead on Sat and Arbroath still not in front and nerves will be jangling at Stirling.Believe.

The old reliable source. I suspect it is a figment of your imagination. I have not heard of anyone else storming out in the huff. Just Forfar.

31 minutes ago, onecowden said:

The old reliable source. I suspect it is a figment of your imagination. I have not heard of anyone else storming out in the huff. Just Forfar.

I heard this before yesterday and I'm not naming my source on a public forum but they are real. It is an opinion held by him and shared by other Forfar board members. No idea what other clubs' feeling are regarding your club. 

I heard this before yesterday and I'm not naming my source on a public forum but they are real. It is an opinion held by him and shared by other Forfar board members. No idea what other clubs' feeling are regarding your club. 

Nonsense.

Archived