Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ended up missing the game because I was waiting on a package being delivered (it came around 3:45pm, for fuck's sake!) but who cares, that's a sensational result and it puts our chances of avoiding automatic relegation back in our own hands. Still plenty to do (and, from memory, we tend to be dreadful when the pressure's on us on the final day of the season) but it's all in our hands. If we finish in ninth, I'd be confident of winning the play-off contest.

Huge shouts to Oli Shaw in particular. His contribution over the last fortnight - winning goals against Peterhead and Queen's Park - has been crucial and if we stay up he'll have played a massive part.

What a strike for the first goal from Oli Shaw. Really pleased to see the fight instilled back into the team. There was a sense of belief that they could take something from the game and they did. Both goals taken well and a stupid challenge that never had to be made resulted in us finishing with ten. No complaints with the red. Bring on Brechin next week. I feel confident Alloa will do the job against Peterhead but we cannot afford to sit and wait on other teams to do it for us. 9th place is very much ours to lose.

Pretty chuffed for Stenny, a cracking result against a team I had nailed down for the play offs in February. After watching Peterhead today I'll be shocked if they beat Alloa - it's in Stenny's hands now, hopefully you make 9th and stay up.

Some observations...

Deserved win and really should have been a bigger margin. Shaw missed at least two easier chances than the first one he scored.

Injuries and suspensions for next Saturday are a worry. Gilhaney, Marsh and Grant subbed off with injuries and McMenamin struggling.

From where I was it was never a red for Miller. Yellow yes, but unless it was studs up, not a sending off. Both players challenged for the ball, Miller lost the challenge. Would imagine we will appeal.

Great season for Queens, but they were awful today. I cannot recall a shot on target in the second half.

First game for me for a few months and by all accounts it was a pretty comfortable win. Could've been more as we missed at least 2 gilt-edged chances 2nd half. I'm in agreement with beaver on the red card also. Miller was overstretched in the tackle and his momentum carried him into QP defender. Definite booking but harsh to receive red. 

The Warriors have definitely got the battle fever!

Well if you know that two of our better players are leaving who are they ? Or is it rumors ?.

McGeever and McKernon. Can't be a shock, I'm sure there will be more. If they can play well at this level why not play for a team who can pay a bit of cash? On the plus side, Gus and his scouts are already working on the incoming.

Good luck to all the players who move on. It's been a terrific effort and they deserve their chance. It's the QP way.

And let's not forget we only need to beat Airdrie by four goals and we could sneak into the play-offs [emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️[emoji460]️

19 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

McGeever and McKernon. Can't be a shock, I'm sure there will be more. If they can play well at this level why not play for a team who can pay a bit of cash? On the plus side, Gus and his scouts are already working on the incoming.

Good luck to all the players who move on. It's been a terrific effort and they deserve their chance. It's the QP way.

And let's not forget we only need to beat Airdrie by four goals and we could sneak into the play-offs emoji460.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.pngemoji460.png

No surprise that they're away, especially Mcgeever. Definitely up there as one my favourite centre backs at Qp that I've seen. Great player, great leader and loved his celebrations when he scored a goal. Will be gutted to lose Mckernon aswell. 

What about the Mcgeever booking? Ref allowed play to continue after the collision of heads. Muir made the save and had possession when the ref blew the whistle. Ref then books McGeever but restarts play with a drop ball. Surely either Muir keeps possession or it is a free kick to Stenny?

So he might play or he might not play in summary. Thanks for that information.

It was a sending off for me was just a split second decision after a poor touch and there was no malice but it looked awful and went right through the boy. Shame as Millar had one of those games where he was everywhere.

We look solid at the back with the three lumps. Queens Park were absolutely garbage you see teams fodder like them and Airdrie and wonder how we got it so badly wrong.

What about the Mcgeever booking? Ref allowed play to continue after the collision of heads. Muir made the save and had possession when the ref blew the whistle. Ref then books McGeever but restarts play with a drop ball. Surely either Muir keeps possession or it is a free kick to Stenny?

Because he stopped play for players to be allowed treatment then play must be restarted with a dropped ball from the position of the ball at the time play was stopped. He allowed advantage and when he stopped play for treatment he administered the caution. I thought we would have got the free but we got advantage and sadly didn't take the chance

ETA caution must be administered at first stoppage after the incident before play has been restarted. If play has been restarted he can't administer the caution for the incident

Archived