Queen's Park -vs- Stenhousemuir

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see that one coming - easily our worst game of the season. Stenie caused us problems on the break and we didn't really create anything at all.  So many players were off form.  Draw a line under it, as the performance was so unrepresentative of everything else so far.

It's been an outstanding season; look where we were three years ago.  No one could have predicted that we'd come so far, competing at the top end of this division and clocking up two wins and a draw against the runaway winners, with only our results against the bottom two being disappointing.

Every credit to Gus and the lads; it's been a great roller-coaster and one of the most enjoyable seasons I can remember.

Apparently a four goal win at Airdrie next week gets us back into the play-offs.

Never say never!

19 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Who the heck writes the match reports on the Queen's Park website? Who are Homer and Gulliver and why should I care about their old watch?

We share your pain, believe me

Thought we could have made a real go of it yesterday but alas it seems that the train of thought that we have managed to retain our place in Division One seems to have won over any thoughts of actually progressing further.
An altogether depressing performance and much as I appreciate the earlier league games and the obvious efforts by all can't help but feel hard done to.
Aaaaarrrgh!

Something needs to be done about the guys that come to the game and scream abuse at every game. Screaming about three people in a technical area, come on, get a life. Your negativity ruins the enjoyment of games. Don't come back.

Thought we could have made a real go of it yesterday but alas it seems that the train of thought that we have managed to retain our place in Division One seems to have won over any thoughts of actually progressing further.

An altogether depressing performance and much as I appreciate the earlier league games and the obvious efforts by all can't help but feel hard done to.

Aaaaarrrgh!

I enjoyed reading the match programme in the 'Tales from the Bootroom' section that the players were all focussed over the last few games on getting in the top four and not interested in what was below. And I believe that would be the case. Winners don't ponder on the past. Yesterday was quite surreal, especially the first half. Never known Gus or McGeever to be so quiet. Winners like them don't shut down without reason.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Something needs to be done about the guys that come to the game and scream abuse at every game. Screaming about three people in a technical area, come on, get a life. Your negativity ruins the enjoyment of games. Don't come back.

We went 3rd two weeks ago against Albion Rovers and we still had people foaming at the mouth. I don't know why they attend. They quite clearly don't enjoy being at the football. At times I laugh at it, but the truth is that it's absolutely shameful. The players and staff have given us some great times to enjoy and these dickheads still want to get torn in at the first chance. There's nothing wrong with being critical, when it's justified, but it's always worthwhile to look at where we are in relation to where we have been. I suspect next season is going to be a lot more difficult for us, so we're going to need everybody pulling in the same direction. 

One of the angriest, most vociferous supporters I've ever encountered was at a Queen's Park game a couple of years ago. I can't remember who they were playing or if the match was at Airdrie or if it was at Hampden, but this boy was furious with his team and its players and got torn right into them at the slightest error. He was a squat little man with glasses and he dressed like a skinhead with his Fred Perry t-shirt, his braces and his Doc Marten boots, and he didn't smile once that afternoon.

I remember thinking there was absolutely no point in him ever going to watch Queen's Park if he was going to get that upset watching them.

Archived