• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't actually we played that well once we got the two goals - bit understandable all things considered. Peterhead huffed and puffed but in all honesty looked every inch an amateur side for the most part. MacAllister's regression into a full-on jobber at this level is complete. Francesc Fabregas can rest easier tonight; we held up our end of the bargain, and Stenny have done their part.

Good scenes at the end too and a deserved celebration for the professionalism we've shown over the season. Can't really fault the squad at all, f**k, I'm even coming round to Hopkin. Next season will be a struggle but hopefully we've given ourselves a bit of momentum with the league win.

Nae luck with that bit of optimism Jim.

McInally believes the two clubs’ respective final fixtures favour his side. He said: “Two games to go against the top two teams in the league – easy peasy.
“I’m very comfortable about the last two fixtures we have, while Stenhousemuir have to play two teams trying to reach the play-offs.
“Everyone is telling me we have two tougher fixtures than they do but we’re playing sides who have achieved what they wanted this season while Stenny are playing two teams who are still trying to reach the play-offs and because of that they have something to play for.

“Whatever happens, we all will have played the same fixtures and there can be no excuses but I’m still confident we can win our last two games

I hope Peterhead go down. Bunch of thugs.

We played some fantastic stuff first half especially, and the 3rd goal would have won Goal of the season had the shortlist not already been made.

Hope Nicky and Decs are OK! Both looked bad injuries.

1 minute ago, A Livi Fan said:

I hope Peterhead go down. Bunch of thugs.

We played some fantastic stuff first half especially, and the 3rd goal would have won Goal of the season had the shortlist not already been made.

Hope Nicky and Decs are OK! Both looked bad injuries.

Having said that, credit to their fans that made the journey down. True football fans, especially with the product on show from their team.

Broken foot for Gallagher, not sure about Cadden. Will be youngsters next week v Albion anyway. 

Bit weird seeing a team of thugs also diving about they way they did today. Rory McAllister :lol: Was he not linked with a top flight team a few years back? Deary me.

Why were so many people outraged about the ball being over the line for Peterhead's goal? Was nowhere near it :lol:

Same with people moaning about offside calls when they're at the other end of the pitch, how can you possibly see? Not had much to moan about this season, needed that.

First chance I've had to post on here about the game, have been recovering from last nights antics. 

First half very good, the 2nd and 3rd goals weee an absolute joy to watch, the passing and movement was superb, be interested to know how many passes weee involved in the 3rd goal. 

2nd half we took our foot off the gas and allowed Peterhead into the game, but the result was never in doubt. 

POTY afterwards was quite entertaining also, Liam Kelly drinking pints of venom and then looking like his life was about to end after 3 of them was just fantastic :lol:

We have a great bunch of lads, everyone of them are approachable and genuinely nice guys. 

Roll on next season

On 29/04/2017 at 21:47, LiviLion said:

Why were so many people outraged about the ball being over the line for Peterhead's goal? Was nowhere near it :lol:

Same with people moaning about offside calls when they're at the other end of the pitch, how can you possibly see? Not had much to moan about this season, needed that.

It wasn't just the fans that were at the other end of the pitch, so was the linesman!

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Nice bit of patient passing about for this goal, some pass at the end by Rafa too.

Not sure about all the raving about the passing before the goal (10 passes or so round the back 4).  The pass definitely was an absolute beauty and a goal was the just reward.

Not sure who was taking the video but is there anything for your fourth goal?

Just now, strichener said:

Not sure about all the raving about the passing before the goal (10 passes or so round the back 4).  The pass definitely was an absolute beauty and a goal was the just reward.

Not sure who was taking the video but is there anything for your fourth goal?

Yeah the passing around the back line and keeper was nice and patient though and nobody just lumped it up the pitch, which was good to see. But maybe that was also down to Peterhead not pressing us enough, enjoyed watching it anyway.

Here's the 4th goal.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah the passing around the back line and keeper was nice and patient though and nobody just lumped it up the pitch, which was good to see. But maybe that was also down to Peterhead not pressing us enough, enjoyed watching it anyway.

Here's the 4th goal.

Cheers.  Absolutely no doubt about it that it was offside.

The standside linesman was abysmal and his ability to be 10 yards behind play was consistent, only slightly less consistent was his inability to raise his arm at any point.

Just watched it again and the ref blows his whistle for a foul before the ball is even in the net!!!!!  He isn't even looking at where the ball is.

He's well ahead of the Peterhead player but not sure if Mullen's in front of our player who knocks it over to him, difficult to tell from the camera angle. Poor decision from the linesman if it is offside though, he should be able to see no problem from where he is.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's well ahead of the Peterhead player but not sure if Mullen's in front of our player who knocks it over to him, difficult to tell from the camera angle. Poor decision from the linesman if it is offside tough, he should be able to see no problem from where he is.

Just edited my original post.  Your guy looks offside from before the ball even makes it into the box.  As I posted, the ref is 100% blowing for a free kick and no idea why he eventually gives a goal.  Baffling.

What is the story with your No 11.  He looked like he might have damaged his shoulder with a rather innocuous challenge.

Yeah I thought the ref had awarded a free kick too, so I sat back down feeling a numpty for jumping up celebrating our goal, then he blew for the goal and walked towards the centre circle. Was all a bit farcical.

Not heard how bad Cadden's injury is, don't think it'll be as bad as Gallagher's though, healing wise anyway. Came back on with his arm in a sling for the cup presentation, and Gallagher was in a boot with crutches, think he's got a broken bone in his foot

Archived