Scottish Junior Cup 1967

meiklebin

Kilsyth Rangers F.C are currently planning to hold an evening to celebrate the clubs 50th anniversary of winning the Scottish Junior Cup. Over the years a few contact numbers have been lost or mislaid and the club are asking that any players who may have played in the game or indeed were involved with the club at that time, get in touch with the club by contacting the club on the following 079946261384 or 07712966385

On 24/04/2017 at 14:33, glensmad said:

Before I was born. I'm told we wuz robbed though.

Not before I was born. You were certainly not robbed, just well beaten by an exceptional  team. In the Kilsyth team were a 16 year old, Alex Paterson; a 17 year old, Billy Wilson; an 18 year old, Jimmy Green; a 19 year old, Pat McMahon; and the auld heid at 22, Jimmy Carroll playing up front. Another 18 year old, Drew Jarvie would also have been in the team if he had not been injured in a junior international; match a few weeks earlier. In goal was Davie Stewart, also 18. All went senior except Jimmy Carroll at the end of that season.

I doubt we will ever again see such a talented young lineup in junior football, we had only one player who had previously played senior, John Donnachie who had a short spell with Falkirk. He had already won a Scottish cup medal with his school team, the final also played at Hampden.

2 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Not before I was born. You were certainly not robbed, just well beaten by an exceptional  team. In the Kilsyth team were a 16 year old, Alex Paterson; a 17 year old, Billy Wilson; an 18 year old, Jimmy Green; a 19 year old, Pat McMahon; and the auld heid at 22, Jimmy Carroll playing up front. Another 18 year old, Drew Jarvie would also have been in the team if he had not been injured in a junior international; match a few weeks earlier. In goal was Davie Stewart, also 18. All went senior except Jimmy Carroll at the end of that season.

I doubt we will ever again see such a talented young lineup in junior football, we had only one player who had previously played senior, John Donnachie who had a short spell with Falkirk. He had already won a Scottish cup medal with his school team, the final also played at Hampden.

I was of course teasing. The Glencairn centenary book actually makes reference to how good the Kilsyth side of that year was, and mentions the same players as you.

Archived