Drooling Mad Dunfermline v Morton, Sat 29th April

3 hours ago, Scosha said:

Rest the majority of the squad for the next two games. No chance we're making 2nd so might as well freshen everyone up ahead of the playoffs. 

This. Couldn't give a toss about these games. Obviously would be nice to get wins in them, but we need these players ready to go for the playoffs, otherwise reaching them was pointless.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morton, Morton, Morton, what a charming tottie wee club, reeking of ye olde world charm.

Their ground is a living Museum. It will blow their mind playing in a hotbed of football such as East End Park.

Well, best of luck to them for the future. Hope we stick to putting just 6 past them.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Isn't Cardle on a 2 year deal?

Wouldn't mind Hopkirk starting again. Bit of a frustrating day for him on Saturday but I think he's also on a 2 year deal so might as well play him if he's fit for once. Starting Gil is maybe a bit too radical for AJ.

It just dawned on me that I don't think I uttered "fuckssake McCabe" once on Saturday. Looks a perfectly decent midfielder.

McCabe has been rather excellent since coming back into the squad. Good to see. 

I'd take Barrowman back if it meant getting rid of Shankland and Oyenuga, tbh.
We're definitely not finishing second now so I'm torn between persisting with our strongest team in the vain hope that they can recapture some momentum before the playoffs, or just putting a second string out in the hope that a rest is what the likes of Oliver and Forbes need to recover their form.

Before we got fucked in the playoff final by Cowdenbeath we were chopping and changing our team for weeks on the run up to the playoffs with second be secured and by the time we started the playoffs all momentum was lost. I'd rather if I was Duffy to play my strongest team.
Hope Duffy plays the under 20's. Should still have enough in them to beat this shower of shite.

Cute.

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Before we got fucked in the playoff final by Cowdenbeath we were chopping and changing our team for weeks on the run up to the playoffs with second be secured and by the time we started the playoffs all momentum was lost. I'd rather if I was Duffy to play my strongest team.

Cute.

Difference being that the chopping and changing was what lost you your momentum: ours is already gone with the first team (I'll refrain from saying strongest on the grounds that Shankland and Oyenuga have both had starts) delivering three points from seven games. If we go into the playoffs with our first team delivering no wins in nine we're hardly in a position to go on to win three two-legged ties in three weeks, although drawing our way to promotion would be hilarious.

Indeed, McCabe has shown that he's capable of a decent shift. I'd get him signed up for next season.

I don't think it would make sense to give players the last 180 minutes of the season not knowing if you're going to sign them up or not. AJ should/will know who he wants in next season's squad, especially after Saturday since we know we're definitely going to be in the Championship.

I suppose, though, he'll tell the players they're playing for a new deal to get a good performance out of them.

Should play our best side(and that means no Hutton, even if murdoch misses out) prize money is not to be sniffed at.

Besides Paton is probably the only player I've got any doubts over. Majority of out of contract guys it's pretty clear cut if they should stay or not.

You don't like to lose any game at ant time, but we must utilise the squad for this one as certain players are running on empty.

Either bench or rest players for the next couple of games. It's all about the playoff's now 

Going to give this a miss, attending, TV and internet.

We should give game time to all fringe/development players

Expect Dunfermline to also be in squad review mode.

Hope all in attendance enjoy good weather and some sun normal service to be resumed next year.

9 minutes ago, Falkirkyabass said:

Does he, aye?

18077290_1681460788814090_8117688007985264233_o.jpg

Well yes, if you'd read the posts of Pars fans on the Falkirk thread you'd see how everyone was surprised to see such a reaction from him. We were an utter shambles at the start of the season, largely due to his absence. Him, Wedderburn and Clark coming in to the team in autumn is the reason we're not spending the next few weeks worrying about relegation. I'm not convinced by his new hair though.

Archived